SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Game Threads - Scores

AZSIOUX

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the insight into this. Personally, I don't care who is at fault, I am just sick of the consumer getting the short end of the stick on stuff like this. Putting the games on obscure networks that very few people can get is stupid and bad for both consumers and the networks' bottom lines. I think it's time that fans start calling and/or e-mailing the big shots who come up with this crap and tell them what they think (respectfully, but firmly). Or else the Frozen Four will be next.

Unfortunately college hockey is a pretty small market.

FSN North did not have the opportunity to purchase todays games. The only game today that was available is the UNH vs ND game. It was sold to Altitude. FSN North could have purchased this game but it would have interupted the Wild Game. Blame ESPN and the NCAA for letting them do this kind of stuff!!! Its not like the NCAA is neive to this type of thing with the Big Ten Network issues. :D

BD

So the Goofs game is not on tonight? I guess the red star and sickle is wrong then.

Unfortunately college hockey is a pretty small market.

Don't forget, we used to get regional games on cable in past years. I used to sit in the Memorial Union and at home on regional weekend and watch game after game (this was during the late 1990's). And I think you could make the argument that College Hockey has more exposure and media attention now than it did back then. This isn't about market size, it's about media consolidation and lack of competition. If it were all about market size, stuff like spelling bees and lawnmower racing wouldn't be on any channel except community access.

And it isn't just College Hockey, the NFL is pulling the same crap with NFL Network (which only about 40% of people have access to). Mark my words, this is going to get worse and worse. In all sports. :D:D

Didn't want to start a new thread so sorry if it bothers you - just looking for some fun between periods.

Quick Quiz

Name the 5 top winning Colleges in NCAA Tournament History without using Google, etc..

Lets see if we have some hockey minds out there that are still sober!!

BD

Don't forget, we used to get regional games on cable in past years. I used to sit in the Memorial Union and at home on regional weekend and watch game after game (this was during the late 1990's). And I think you could make the argument that College Hockey has more exposure and media attention now than it did back then. This isn't about market size, it's about media consolidation and lack of competition. If it were all about market size, stuff like spelling bees and lawnmower racing wouldn't be on any channel except community access.

And it isn't just College Hockey, the NFL is pulling the same crap with NFL Network (which only about 40% of people have access to). Mark my words, this is going to get worse and worse. In all sports. :D:D

I agree totally and am with you on not caring who is at fault and who is to blame. There is no excuse for watching cactus league baseball, 2007 Twins re-runs, or poker without having the choice to watch something else. It's ridiculous.

As I mentioned earlier, I thought Michigan/Niagara was on channelsurfing.net earlier today, then it disappeared. Am I missing something?

Didn't want to start a new thread so sorry if it bothers you - just looking for some fun between periods.

Quick Quiz

Name the 5 top winning Colleges in NCAA Tournament History without using Google, etc..

BD

Titles is

Michigan 9

Dumver 8

UND 7

Minny 5

Are the BADgers in there?

Quick Quiz

BD

Mich, ND, Denver, MN Wis