SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

Looks like the Midwest Regional games will not be live until the Regional Championship per ESPNU.com:

Sun., March 30 Men's ice hockey

NCAA Midwest Regional #1 2:30 p.m.

(TD) ESPNU/

ESPN360.com

NCAA Midwest Regional #2 2:30 p.m.

(TD) ESPNU/

ESPN360.com

NCAA Midwest Regional final 7 p.m. ESPNU

Anyone have any idea how to get the game live other than actually going to the game??

That really blows.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time poster, long time reader....big fan of the WCHA in general.

The primary reason I'm writing is the fact Bob Norton is a complete and utter buffoon. Anything hockey east he pretty much grabs his ankles for.

Sounds stupid, but I'm a fan of both North Dakota and the Gophers...I had a sibling play for the Gophers but my best friend played for the Sioux so I'm a man of mixed emotions. UND got screwed badly....would you want the Sioux's region or the GOphers? Kangas can and will propel that team to Denver I have a feeling.

Although UND's region is tough, they will make it to Denver also.

Point being: Put the Denver PD on high alert for that semifinal.

we all know oshie is the best player in the nation but its not happening for osh. its so hard for a goalie to win the hobey. just is. look at the history. you need unbelievable numbers to win the hobey all around and the sioux were a .500 team at the beginning so that hurts phil. goalies just dont win the award often and when they do its a amazing thing. it would be sweet if he made the hattrick which is very possible but the big picture is beating princeton. make a statement and whoop these guys up!

well....but look at Duncan last year. no one barely noticed him even when he was in the hat trick. and he won. Oshie has been so amazingly dominant is all aspects of the game recently......i wouldnt be too surprised if he DID make the hat trick. i dont think he will, but i wouldnt be surprised if he did.

well....but look at Duncan last year. no one barely noticed him even when he was in the hat trick. and he won. Oshie has been so amazingly dominant is all aspects of the game recently......i wouldnt be too surprised if he DID make the hat trick. i dont think he will, but i wouldnt be surprised if he did.

he wont because the off the ice stuff

FEAR THE OSHIE princeton FEAR THE OSHIE

It will be 5 weeks in a row now for getting to see the Sioux live and looking forward to the road trip to Madison. Anyone have any suggestions on which section is the best to watch the game or which end the Sioux will be shooting at twice? Thanks

That really blows.

I wouldn't worry too much. ESPN syndication will sell the rights to any game not live on ESPNU. In fact I would guess that they'd even sell their live games since very few get ESPNU. Expect the regional sports networks like FSN to pick up the game.

There was only one team I didn't want to see in our regional and that was Denver. They just have our number in the playoffs.

We played like crap against them and they still barely won. I expect us to be better next time. Going against us is how our scoring struggles against the trap and both UW and DU use it. Going against them is the big ice makes it tougher to trap.

Now all we need to do is beat Princeton.

I think we got the best scenerio. We were either gonna be matched up with CC, BC or Denver in our region...........BC is playing really good now and always tough for us...CC in CC would have been tough. Dont think we played one of are best games at the Final 5 against them and they barely won....and who knows Wisconsin could beat DU in their building.

But we can not look past Princeton

Does anyone know the regional pairings for the Frozen Four offhand? Will the two Fri-Sat regionals play each other in the semis and the two Sat-Sun regionals?

Nevermind, I looked it up myself. The Albany and Colorado Springs regionals will play and the Madison and Worcester regionals play in the other semi-final game.

So looking WAY, WAY ahead (which the team better not be doing) there is the potential to play BC in the semi-finals again this year... haha....

This year's bracket is more proof that the NC$$ is all about money over fairness. Three WCHA teams in one region and one in each other region? WTF? This is another blatant attempt to get us to knock ourselves out of the tourney before we reach Denver! The only thing I like about this bracket is the chance to play DU one more time. I would rather it be in the final/frozen four, but if we have to settle for Madison, so be it.

Only one thing to do from here on...go out and bring it home boys!

I realize that it is playoffs so pretty much everything goes out the window.... but Badger fans don't even show up on time to their own games, are they really going to show up early to cheer against us? I wouldn't be surprised if the Kohl Center is slightly empty for the first semi-final game...

If I had to rank the chances of the six WCHA teams right now, I'd say Wisconsin has the slimmest chances of making the FF. Even playing at home, they will struggle to get by Denver (not to mention North Dakota).

I'd say St Cloud has the next toughest route...getting though Michigan will be a tough task.

Then I'd go with Denver. I can see them beating Wisconsin, but will they be fortunate enough to beat North Dakota on back-to-back weekends? That's a tough task.

So it comes down to Minnesota, CC and North Dakota. I like the chances of all three schools making the FF. IF Minny can get by a good BC team, I think their success will continue and they will beat Miami.

i have no problem with these brackets. time to go out and beat princeton then show denver whats up. michigan should have the easiest road to denver as they are the overall 1 seed. cant wait for these to start. GO SIOUX

I'm actually excited about the UND-Princeton game since Princeton is a team that we get to see the Sioux play against very often and is quite unfamiliar to us seeing. Hakstol will have the boys ready to take on Princeton and I'm pretty sure the team will be pumped up and ready for the challenge that is the NCAA National Tournament.

The Wisconsin-Denver game is going to be a very good game and will be interesting to see who comes out on top since Wisconsin will have home advantage. Plus it was against Denver where Wisconsin got a disallowed goal that potentially costed them WCHA league points.

We played like crap against them and they still barely won. I expect us to be better next time. Going against us is how our scoring struggles against the trap and both UW and DU use it. Going against them is the big ice makes it tougher to trap.

Now all we need to do is beat Princeton.

I disagree, the big ice is makes it easier to bog down the game. The 2004 regional is perfect evidence of that. About the only offense created is via special teams. Look at the teams that feast on the power play, St. Cloud, Minnesota and CC. That's no coincidence. You can spread things out more and really take advantage. That's why, with the inconsistency of the Sioux power play, I was really hoping to go east to avoid the Olympic rinks.

I disagree, the big ice is makes it easier to bog down the game. The 2004 regional is perfect evidence of that. About the only offense created is via special teams. Look at the teams that feast on the power play, St. Cloud, Minnesota and CC. That's no coincidence. You can spread things out more and really take advantage. That's why, with the inconsistency of the Sioux power play, I was really hoping to go east to avoid the Olympic rinks.

I'm no expert on ice sizes, but if you want a more recent example, I think the short ice sheet in Duluth was not in our favor and it showed in our play there. I think the biggest factor in our powerplay, or our play in general, just comes down to how well we execute. If we play for 60 minutes we're going to be fine. If we take a minute or two off here and there, any team(including Princeton) is capable of getting a few cheap goals to beat us.

The Madison Region should be the one to watch. Albany seems to be the weakest. I have BC, ND, Michigan, and CC make final four. With an ALL WCHA Title game. With UND winning #8. Minnesota could be the upset team this year. But how long can this run go before they run out of gas. Miami lose to AF and UNH loses to CC. St Clould win one and out. Denver win in OT vs Wisconsin.

First time poster, long time reader....big fan of the WCHA in general.

The primary reason I'm writing is the fact Bob Norton is a complete and utter buffoon. Anything hockey east he pretty much grabs his ankles for.

Sounds stupid, but I'm a fan of both North Dakota and the Gophers...I had a sibling play for the Gophers but my best friend played for the Sioux so I'm a man of mixed emotions. UND got screwed badly....would you want the Sioux's region or the GOphers? Kangas can and will propel that team to Denver I have a feeling.

Although UND's region is tough, they will make it to Denver also.

Point being: Put the Denver PD on high alert for that semifinal.

I am kind of in your boat. Born and raised a Gopher fan so gopher fan first but via marriage somewhat of a sioux fan.

disagree on the gophers making it to the Frozen 4. IF they beat bc then they will have to contend with Miami which is not going to be easy with their goalie. I would be a little more optimistic if the Gophers could AT LEAST muster some type of momentum on the pp. Teams should have no fear of taking a penalty becasue the pp is down right embarassing.

and yes Norton is an idiot.

The Madison Region should be the one to watch. Albany seems to be the weakest. I have BC, ND, Michigan, and CC make final four. With an ALL WCHA Title game. With UND winning #8. Minnesota could be the upset team this year. But how long can this run go before they run out of gas. Miami lose to AF and UNH loses to CC. St Clould win one and out. Denver win in OT vs Wisconsin.

Quit copying my bracket. :wink: Although, I do have UND beating Michigan in the title game.