SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backing it up a bit.

The loss last night REALLY SUCKED. :angry:

But, Congrats to MeanEgirl and her team and a good win.

Welcome to Robb K, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy over in the Netherlands. I hope you can hear tonights game. Cheer loud for them.

I have a much better feeling about the game tonight. Im sure they got an earfull from the coach(es) last night and they have had some time to think about the loss. I'm thinking they are going to come out with their skates and sticks smokin!

GO SIOUX!! Onward to St. Paul..............and beyond.

I hope the Sioux do come out blazing and bury Tech, but I guess I'd be surprised. For Hak, this whole thing comes down to playoff style hockey, which is defense. I think he will have them playing hard, hopefully more physical, but still defense first. This is not a Blais team (and I'm OK with that). On the other hand, if the skilled players can finish on the good chances they have, which they did not do last night, Sioux could win by 3 or 4.

Ok one more thing. If they do that stupid ass player of the game with ten minutes left in a close game, I think I might tweak. 'Lammy player of the game' You think he doesnt hear that. NOT saying this is/was any issue, but for someone it could be. That arena needs to restructure how they do some of there b.s. , or simply emilinate all of it. If people need to play games during a hockey game, stay home! Im gathering all of it is for 'fan entertainment', but umm, theres an entertaining hockey game goin on! The announcer is good but wow, how much blabber can go on while the puck is in play.

I agree on the player of the game thing. I'm assuming it's a fundraiser for the Ralph as they get people to pay money to text message their vote. There is so much advertising during stoppages, no wonder the crowd isn't into it. When the Sioux have a great shift for example, and the crowd starts to cheer, it is broken up by something-Harlem Globetrotters trivia, a before and after makeover from a salon, it's always something. By the time the "commercial" is over and the pump up music starts to play, it's time to drop the puck.

Ok one more thing. If they do that stupid ass player of the game with ten minutes left in a close game, I think I might tweak. 'Lammy player of the game' You think he doesnt hear that. NOT saying this is/was any issue, but for someone it could be. That arena needs to restructure how they do some of there b.s. , or simply emilinate all of it. If people need to play games during a hockey game, stay home! Im gathering all of it is for 'fan entertainment', but umm, theres an entertaining hockey game goin on! The announcer is good but wow, how much blabber can go on while the puck is in play.

I totally agree, when I first saw them doing that earlier in the year I thought too they should save that announcement for the end of the game. Do they hand out the game ball on the side line of a football game during the 2 minute warning. Feeling very depressed because I had to drive back today and gave my tickets to friends for tonight. Will watch it on the internet instead. Go Sioux!

1 hour till the arrival to the gates of heaven :angry: I wonder how the energy will be in the building from the get go. Fridays was amazing, last night died down way too much, so tonights could be crap too im sure. The thundersticks got the crowd going or something on friday. Anyways, GO SIOUX!

Couple things. First off, the win last night was in NO WAY a blessing in disguise. Things like that happen two weeks before the playoffs start. Now is not the time to make mistakes like packin' it in after a two goal lead because that is exactly what they did.

Secondly, it will be absolutely crucial that this team jumps on Tech early and often. A team like Tech will run off of emotion from last night's game. The longer you let a team like MT stick around, the longer you give them to believe and quickly enough that believing will turn into reality. Also, anything can happen in a one-game series and that's what we have now. Teslak has the ability to steal a game so don't let him get in a rhythm or things could get mighty scary.

My last point...fatigue will become a factor. These teams have not played three games in three nights in probably quite some time so the better conditioned team will really show tonight. That will lead to a lot of hooking and other obstruction penalties so special teams will be very very important as they have been in games one and two. Here's to a Sioux win and a convincing one at that.

I know it sucked the loss last night, but I am glad it happened. It really did WAKE the sioux up a little, they will now be feeling a little more pressure which is great as they need to be feeling this way in the playoffs. They can't go into the playoffs feeling the same as the regular season, because it isn't the same, so that really was a wake up call and now they are aware that they really must win from here on in and that it will not be an easy task. We all know they have it in them they just need to play hard, battle strong, and play with determination to achieve something great.

Sioux will take it tonight 5-1.

I know it sucked the loss last night, but I am glad it happened. It really did WAKE the sioux up a little, they will now be feeling a little more pressure which is great as they need to be feeling this way in the playoffs. They can't go into the playoffs feeling the same as the regular season, because it isn't the same, so that really was a wake up call and now they are aware that they really must win from here on in and that it will not be an easy task. We all know they have it in them they just need to play hard, battle strong, and play with determination to achieve something great.

Sioux will take it tonight 5-1.

i get your point but that is yet to be determined (bolded above) no way of knowing that by any means and who knows if the team needed a wake up call. just could be a bump in the road that makes them stronger. we will see

im over the loss and was a couple hours after the game last night. theres nothing that can be done about it. kick ass tonight and go to st paul!

i get your point but that is yet to be determined (bolded above) no way of knowing that by any means and who knows if the team needed a wake up call. just could be a bump in the road that makes them stronger. we will see

im over the loss and was a couple hours after the game last night. theres nothing that can be done about it. kick ass tonight and go to st paul!

Sorry, I meant to say it SHOULD wake up the sioux, but yes, we will se if it did in a few hours....

Couple things. First off, the win last night was in NO WAY a blessing in disguise.

If they come out firing on all cylinders tonight and carry it forward then it will go down as a blessing in disguise. Think about PU (I meant DU) back when they won it the first time. They lost in this round and used the week off to get healthy. No way anyone would have said that was a good thing, but it turned out to work for them.

If they come out firing on all cylinders tonight and carry it forward then it will go down as a blessing in disguise. Think about PU (I meant DU) back when they won it the first time. They lost in this round and used the week off to get healthy. No way anyone would have said that was a good thing, but it turned out to work for them.

exactly, only time will tell on any of these thoughts. lets put a solid 60 minutes together and move on !

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

10 Andrew Kozek--8 Ryan Martens--21 Matt Frattin

25 Jake Marto--11 Darcy Zajac--22 Brad Malone

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

10 Andrew Kozek--8 Ryan Martens--21 Matt Frattin

25 Jake Marto--11 Darcy Zajac--22 Brad Malone

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

No Radke is not in the lineup. Also Miller has been moved wish Oshie & Duncan and Kozek is back on the 3rd line

Oh boy aren't we lucky we get Todd Anderson, I find it funny that Russell didn't want Thul for tonight's game.

What a joke. I can't figure out why you would take the best of the worst of the leagues officials and exchange him with the worst of the worst.