SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

So, going into this series it was talked about how losing a game might help the Sioux in the PWR.

Well, guess not.

I hope Ferris knocks off Miami and we win tomorrow. That would probably put us back at #1.... right?

Maybe a math dork or a PWR guru can help me out here.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this, we lost our first game in 19 games and the worlds gona blow up :angry: i understand how people feel on both sides. it sucks azzzz how they lost but there is a game tomorrow to rebound and get the win and move on. if this was 2 weeks from now then the sioux would be golfing but they arent. GO SIOUX

MTU is in a GREAT situation, because they just embarrased the (formerly) #1 seed Sioux in their own barn, and they have nothing to lose. Why on Earth UND did not take the game more seriously is beyond me.

Oh, well, I guess it is human nature to slack off now and again. I just don't think it is the mark of a championship team.

Careful now. Otherwise you'll be accused of not supporting the team, being a band wagon fan, etc.

IMO they've been going through the motions the past few series, and it finally bit their asses. :angry:

Careful now. Otherwise you'll be accused of not supporting the team, being a band wagon fan, etc.

IMO they've been going through the motions the past few series, and it finally bit their asses. :angry:

very well could be right so if thats the case then ding ding, wake up time and get rolling again before the ncaa tourney!!

i love this, we lost our first game in 19 games and the worlds gona blow up :angry: i understand how people feel on both sides. it sucks azzzz how they lost but there is a game tomorrow to rebound and get the win and move on. if this was 2 weeks from now then the sioux would be golfing but they arent. GO SIOUX

GO SIOUX!

Better make it easy on the fans, like 6-0, just to be sure.

Sure, losing tonight didn't end their season, but it is not a good sign.

They let the #9 team in the WCHA (I don't care how strong everyone thinks the league is) tie the clinching game with 5 seconds left, in their own barn, while on the PP. Not a good sign.

Thankfully there's a game tomorrow. I'm eager to see how they respond.

I agree with you on that.

Sucks to lose and I'm sure the players are probably even more bummed about it. I'm sure they'll play their hearts out tomorrow. Interesting that before the unbeaten started we were up 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2 and now the streak was snapped by being up 2-0 and losing 3-2 in OT.

I think they really coasted through the 3rd and OT. Thinking they were gonna win...

The st. clown series Lw was frustrating as they didn't play great , but they didn't lose. That might have crept into their minds like even when we play half a$$ed we still don't lose.

Losing sucks and there is no bigger wake up call than blowing a game you had won.

I think a loss now is ok we just start a new winning streak with tomorrow. and I am guessing they will be flying...

what up nick, du just beat umd 1-0 i believe so 1 game didnt. that will end duluths season

hey Ry, how's it goin?

I'm actually secretly a little happy how tonight went because that means I'll actually get to go to a game this series (I have tickets for tomorrow).

*runs and hides*

hey Ry, how's it goin?

I'm actually secretly a little happy how tonight went because that means I'll actually get to go to a game this series (I have tickets for tomorrow).

*runs and hides*

cool man. it will be a good one. be loud! will be watching for sure.

I have been reading all the entries and share some of the same thoughts as many have already expressed. IMO the game was won/lost on UND not capitalizing on the PP and Tech doing so. Other than that it was a normal March College Hockey game (particularly in the WCHA). I do not feel that the Sioux let them win. The bounce at the end of regulation was frustrating but s*** like that happens every year in March. And it happens to teams that do well in the postseason and teams that do not. To draw a parallel about the rest of the year based on one event or even one game is not accurate. The bottom line is that the Sioux are now in a tough spot in relation to making the conference tournament. They already have a spot in the big dance but that spot will get worse depending on their results tommorow and possibly next weekend. They will be playing a "desparate team" with a good defense and goaltender for the right to play in St. Paul. Outside of that most of the stuff spewed in here for the last hour has been venting by people frustrated with the outcome. Don't get me wrong I am pissed off that they did not end the series. But lets all settle down and realize that this team is FAR from finished for the year. Go have a beer (or two) and get ready for tommorow night. I expect a good game tommorow with the Sioux winning 3-1. Also, lets keep it civil and realize that we are fans of a great program that offers us entertaining hockey year in and year out this time of year. Most hockey fans do not have this privedge.

BTW

CC wins the game 2 mninutes into OT.

BD

Just got back from the game.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :angry:

OVER IT :)

Just got back from the game.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :angry:

that was me at the end of regulation. We didn't play well at the end, it was like we wanted to play like we did at the end of last night tonight and that was not going to work. They need to come out ready to work tomorrow and get another win. knock on wood.

Two good bounces for Tech on the shorty and the PPG in OT. I don't like their 2 PPGoals coming after Sioux offensive zone penalties, however. By that late in the second game, you should know Thul is making the calls, keep the stick down and move your feet.

1, 3, and 5 move on; 2 and 4 have to play Sunday night.

Tough loss for you guys, I feel for you (probably feels like our game on Friday night)

But still, I think the Sioux will come out strong tomorrow and dominate. The clearly better team HAS to win. If the Sioux aren't motivated tomorrow then kiss the season goodbye, not going to make any noise any further if there's no effort to finish a series at the Ralph.