SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on board with Trunk Monkey, and I don't think that makes one a poor hockey fan. Sure you might see some good hockey, but its not the same without the team you love. Heck, I live in the twin cities, and I probably won't go if the Sioux aren't there. CC, Denver, SCSU?? No interest in committing the time.

Tonight is the biggest game of the season. Everyone in the locker room needs to look in the mirror and then look at the guys sitting next to them. Look at the Sioux crest, look at the fans. Walk through the hall of fame on the way down to the locker room, look at Taylor's dad, look at Phil Sykes and Jim Archibald, Dan Brennan, Coach Eades, Craig Ludwig, Mark Taylor, Doug Smail, Tony Hrkac, Bob Joyce, Ian Kidd, Eddie Belfour, look at Jeff Panzer, Jason Blake, Lee Goren, Mike Commodore, Karl Goehring. Look at those pictures and decide if you want to be remembered as great or remembered as a disappointment. You only get one chance at greatness. We screwed up last night, big time, let it sink in, hopefully you learned something about yourselves. You play like you played in the third period and Michigan or New Hampshire or CC will light you up for a half dozen goals. One chance. Every shift, every shot, every check, every foot race, remember that. This is the last home game ever for Rylan, Radke, JPL and Bina. You know they're going to give it and bring it. How about the rest of you. Who's gonna be a hero. Who's gonna be a winner. Let the seniors give a stick salute for a win tonight, not a last lap of disappointment.

My lines for tonight:

Oshie, Kozek, Duncan

Vande, Kaip, Watkins

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Zajac, Radke, Malone

Not hating on Lapoint, but Marto in, Lapoint out on D.

It's tough to change what's working, but I would try to get Chorney out with the first forward line as much as possible. He clicks with Osh and Duncs better than any other forward/D chemistry we have.

I'm on board with Trunk Monkey, and I don't think that makes one a poor hockey fan. Sure you might see some good hockey, but its not the same without the team you love. Heck, I live in the twin cities, and I probably won't go if the Sioux aren't there. CC, Denver, SCSU?? No interest in committing the time.

Tonight is the biggest game of the season. Everyone in the locker room needs to look in the mirror and then look at the guys sitting next to them. Look at the Sioux crest, look at the fans. Walk through the hall of fame on the way down to the locker room, look at Taylor's dad, look at Phil Sykes and Jim Archibald, Dan Brennan, Coach Eades, Craig Ludwig, Mark Taylor, Doug Smail, Tony Hrkac, Bob Joyce, Ian Kidd, Eddie Belfour, look at Jeff Panzer, Jason Blake, Lee Goren, Mike Commodore, Karl Goehring. Look at those pictures and decide if you want to be remembered as great or remembered as a disappointment. You only get one chance at greatness. We screwed up last night, big time, let it sink in, hopefully you learned something about yourselves. You play like you played in the third period and Michigan or New Hampshire or CC will light you up for a half dozen goals. One chance. Every shift, every shot, every check, every foot race, remember that. This is the last home game ever for Rylan, Radke, JPL and Bina. You know they're going to give it and bring it. How about the rest of you. Who's gonna be a hero. Who's gonna be a winner. Let the seniors give a stick salute for a win tonight, not a last lap of disappointment.

My lines for tonight:

Oshie, Kozek, Duncan

Vande, Kaip, Watkins

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Zajac, Radke, Malone

It's tough to change what's working, but I would try to get Chorney out with the first forward line as much as possible. He clicks with Osh and Duncs better than any other forward/D chemistry we have.

I like what you're saying but I'll change one thing:

LaPoint in and Marto out. Marto did great in Game 1 and was a nonfactor in Game 2. LaPoint was alright in Game 1 and SOLID Game 2. Go with who's hot.

My lines for tonight:

Oshie, Kozek, Duncan

Vande, Kaip, Watkins

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Zajac, Radke, Malone

GREAT POST!

It also needs to be said that this is probably the last home game ever for the Osh, Chorns and Big Joe. The guys with the NHL talent need to show it tonight. Even at less than 100% health(TJ is clearly hurting), they need to put in their best performances of the year. We aren't going to win many games when the third line is producing the offense. We will win all of our games if we get a performance like friday's from the top line, a performance like Saturday's from the third line, and the same performances out of lines 2 and 4 from both nights.

The Osh had one powerplay chance last night that he scores on 99% of the time. If he scores there, the games over. FINISH!

I didn't notice Lapoint either game (which is good when you're talking about a freshman d-man in the playoffs). I did notice Marto flying out there on the wing on Friday night, didn't notice him last night. At this point, I do think that the two are interchangable. I think Lapoint has more potential to become a top pair defenseman, and I see Marto becoming a real role player either at forward or D. His speed is exceptional. At this point in the season it is not about preparing for the future. It is if you're not fighting for a Final five spot and for a #1 seed, but we are. In Hak I will trust for the line-up he puts together. I do think that we see Radke, as it is his last chance to play at REA. We will not win or lose based on Marto or Lapoint or whomever. We will win if every player brings his best tonight.

I didn't notice Lapoint either game (which is good when you're talking about a freshman d-man in the playoffs). I did notice Marto flying out there on the wing on Friday night, didn't notice him last night. At this point, I do think that the two are interchangable. I think Lapoint has more potential to become a top pair defenseman, and I see Marto becoming a real role player either at forward or D. His speed is exceptional. At this point in the season it is not about preparing for the future. It is if you're not fighting for a Final five spot and for a #1 seed, but we are. In Hak I will trust for the line-up he puts together. I do think that we see Radke, as it is his last chance to play at REA. We will not win or lose based on Marto or Lapoint or whomever. We will win if every player brings his best tonight.

I would like to see Radke, but if Hak didn't play him last night with the possibility of closing out the series, why would he play him tonight?

My lines for tonight:

Oshie, Kozek, Duncan

Vande, Kaip, Watkins

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Zajac, Radke, Malone

WOW nice pep talk, maybe you should be in the locker room with dave

We've been at odds a lot this season, yzerman19, but this is the first post where I can 100% totally agree with you.

I also notice the flexibility of Marto. Imagine in a year or so: Marto AND Genoway. Both able to play forward or d. I like Genoway better than Marto, but if Marto is truly as fast as the skills competition shows, then whatever it takes!

Hmmm a speed line next season of Frattin, Watkins, and Marto? Maybe Frattin, Watkins, and Miller at Forward and Genoway and Marto on D. VERY FAST if that's the case.

Shout out to those who left the game early last night:

OBVIOUSLY the game isn't over till it's OVER, as our team proved last night! This is a hockey game; if you're going to come, don't go home early. If you're going to leave early, just sell your tickets and don't go to the game at all. STAY and cheer on your team!!

Shout out to those who left the game early last night:

OBVIOUSLY the game isn't over till it's OVER, as our team proved last night! This is a hockey game; if you're going to come, don't go home early. If you're going to leave early, just sell your tickets and don't go to the game at all. STAY and cheer on your team!!

A ******* MEN

Redwing, If we can finally agree after all this time, maybe there's hope for Washington DC and the middle east :(

Let's not worry about next year yet. We've got a job to do. Well, twenty kids in Grand Forks have a job to do.

Hey now... let's not get too carried away. :(:angry: