SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

Hopefully it is a wake up call, but great teams don't need wake up calls.

maybe, maybe not. it sucks we lost but lets be glad it was tonight and not in the regionals so regroup and kick some butt tomorrow!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe, maybe not. it sucks we lost but lets be glad it was tonight and not in the regionals so regroup and kick some butt tomorrow!

Most of these boys have been within sniffing distance of a title the last couple years. If that didn't teach them you need to a full 60 minutes of hockey to win come playoff time, I have my doubts about whether or not a loss to Tech is going to register on their radars. It's not so much that we lost, it's how we lost. While Tech was trying to win a hockey game, we were trying to put together a highlight reel. Unacceptable in the playoffs.

Well, we still don't know if this is a "great team". They have done some special things, like setting records for most games without a loss. However, they have something to learn about pissing away scoring chances without shooting.

No way UND will be successful in the playoffs unless they get over that. If an obvious pass is evident, make it. If not, SHOOT!

Why don't all you crackers quit your bitchin and support the team....I look at this game as a good loss and one that was needed to ground the players....Get back on the damn bandwagon.....

im over it already :angry: sunday it is. sht happens! the sioux will come out flying tomorrow and put it away and move on to st paul

Most of these boys have been within sniffing distance of a title the last couple years. If that didn't teach them you need to a full 60 minutes of hockey to win come playoff time, I have my doubts about whether or not a loss to Tech is going to register on their radars. It's not so much that we lost, it's how we lost. While Tech was trying to win a hockey game, we were trying to put together a highlight reel. Unacceptable in the playoffs.

great, nothing can be done now. have to focus on sunday which im sure hak will have the guys doing.

Why don't all you crackers quit your bitchin and support the team....I look at this game as a good loss and one that was needed to ground the players....Get back on the damn bandwagon.....

I agrree. This wiLL help propell the team much more than a sweep would of done!

Let' Go SIOUX!!!!

So being this close to a title and falling just short isn't enough motivation? Explain to me what was good about this loss. Was it giving up the game-tying goal with 5 seconds left? Taking a penalty in OT? I'm just saying that while we've been learning all these valuable lessons in good losses the past couple years other teams have been winning titles by playing for 60 minutes.

I know Lammy will play the game tomorrow but do you think he'll be a little tired after already playing 2 games which could lessen his performing ability? MTU is in a good situation cause they have a good backup in Nolan and could easily have him start tomorrows game.

I know Lammy will play the game tomorrow but do you think he'll be a little tired after already playing 2 games which could lessen his performing ability? MTU is in a good situation cause they have a good backup in Nolan and could easily have him start tomorrows game.

no

bad 3rd period and ot. still a great team. i think still the team to beat. like az said, it's not the ncaas so our season is not over. lets get this series finished tomorrow with a big win. im going to be tired monday morning after driving home after the sioux's 6-1 victory. :angry: hope the sioux spend easter in st. paul, and finish the year in denver with a nice big piece of hardware. lets go sioux!!! how they come back tomorrow will show the fortitude of this team.

MTU is in a GREAT situation, because they just embarrased the (formerly) #1 seed Sioux in their own barn, and they have nothing to lose. Why on Earth UND did not take the game more seriously is beyond me.

Oh, well, I guess it is human nature to slack off now and again. I just don't think it is the mark of a championship team.

great, nothing can be done now. have to focus on sunday which im sure hak will have the guys doing.

Well, nothing can be done about the Pairwise either, but that doesn't stop us from speculating. Nothing can be done by posting positive or negative things after a game like this either. I'm sure Hak has the guys focused on Sunday as well, but I'm sure he spent a little bit of time talking about the end of the game with the boys too. I'm positive most of the time, but there is nothing positive about this game tonight.