SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's another game with only 2 goals. That's going to bite you.

6 of the last 7 games they've scored 2 goals or less. And 1 goal last night doesn't count (so they only get 3). Zajac really only gets the assist on that Tech-scored goal.

Two good bounces for Tech on the shorty and the PPG in OT. I don't like their 2 PPGoals coming after Sioux offensive zone penalties, however. By that late in the second game, you should know Thul is making the calls, keep the stick down and move your feet.

1, 3, and 5 move on; 2 and 4 have to play Sunday night.

A bad loss!! But I did not want to go into the postseason riding this long unbeaten streak. There was no excuse to lose this game. I mean come on it was a big lack of focus in the third period and overtime. However, get the job done tomorrow night and all will be forgotten.

OK - I got that out of my system. I am extremely frustrated though. There were some extremely poor choices made in the last 30 seconds of regulation. We were on a power play and screwing around with the puck back by our own blue line.

Hak talked last week about needing to be "hungrier" after the 2 St. Cloud ties and for the majority of the 3rd period we were playing not to lose rather than playing to win, and to be honest, sitting right between the Tech and Sioux benches, Tech's demeaner was much "hungrier" than the Sioux's. I'm not saying that the Sioux didn't want to win, because of course they did, there just seemed to be too much thinking and not enough playing going on.

Do not climb all over me and call me a bad fan for being frustrated and pissed about this loss. The main frustration for me is not THAT we lost, but HOW we lost. :angry:

That all said, I will be back at the Ralph cheering on the Sioux :) as loud as I can like I do for every single home game.

Tough loss for you guys, I feel for you (probably feels like our game on Friday night)

But still, I think the Sioux will come out strong tomorrow and dominate. The clearly better team HAS to win. If the Sioux aren't motivated tomorrow then kiss the season goodbye, not going to make any noise any further if there's no effort to finish a series at the Ralph.

Gopherz,

Your team won tonight! Did you back away from the ledge a little bit? :angry:

A Sioux fan forever. Still steaming about how sloppy UND was on offensive odd-man rushes, and that the "stingy defense" let MTU take so many shots compared to Friday, but maybe a reality check was needed.

As always, we will be there, cheering on the program. Go Sioux!

Gopherz,

Your team won tonight! Did you back away from the ledge a little bit? :angry:

Yes I did, haha. I'm a little frustrated because no one will go with me to Mankato tomorrow though, and it would be tough being that I'd have to get back to Fargo and I'm flying out on Monday morning early :)

Even though my team won, I'll admit I didn't really want to watch the Sioux lose, lots of depressed people around me :/

I'm sorry to tell you guys but I'm turning down 2 free tickets to the Sioux game tomorrow in order to watch my boys play on TV.

Yes I did, haha. I'm a little frustrated because no one will go with me to Mankato tomorrow though, and it would be tough being that I'd have to get back to Fargo and I'm flying out on Monday morning early :angry:

Even though my team won, I'll admit I didn't really want to watch the Sioux lose, lots of depressed people around me :/

I'm sorry to tell you guys but I'm turning down 2 free tickets to the Sioux game tomorrow in order to watch my boys play on TV.

Why aren't you online so I can talk to you? haha

I know it was a tough loss tonight, but keep your head up because we still have to cheer on our boys tomorrow night!! Tech may have defeated our 18-game unbeaten streak, but we still gotta get to the Final Five!! I don't want to hear anyone say bad stuff about our team... Now, more than ever, they need our support, and I challenge you all to be encouraging and CHEER EXTRA LOUD tomorrow for a WIN!!

Good luck boys, and LET'S GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

Disappointed, but what do you do : )

Tech played desperate at the end of the game, didn't stop working, and got the bounces they needed to win the game. OT penalty was stupid. Game was lost at the end of regulation. We gave life to a team on the ropes.

Sioux didn't play with the killer instinct;. Not going to beat a dead horse, but they have to play to kill, not to survive.

Tomorrow night will tell me a lot about this team. If we were going to lose another game this year, this was the one to lose.

I think we need Radke in the lineup. Not having him in takes a little fire out of the boys.

The Osh is clearly playing at less than 100%. I remain hopeful that he get sto 100% by the NCAAs. First line was all but non-existent 5 on 5 tonight. We aren't going to win if they can't make it happen. Getting a goal from Frattin and one from Miller is great. We need those two to score.

Tomorrow is the real deal. Win or go home. I don't want to have to scalp my Final 5 tix.

Go Sioux!

Anyone heard any post-game comments from Hak. He has to be STEAMED.

As I said befor and will restate: If we were going to lose another game this year, this was the one to lose.

That being said, we should not lose given the situation we were in. The trouble is, the guys know they are in the NCAAs no matter what. It will be in the back of their minds.

Tomorrow night is the biggest game of the year, and if we can't get up for it, all the hype on this year's squad is just that...hype. I am not counting us out. Tomorrow is judgement day.