SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gwoz upset the ref didnt step in and break up radke fight

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2008/02...ay-night-fight/

using this home video showing the ref who brought a guy to the box had to come back and break it up as the other ref watched as gwoz was walking out to break it up....that would have been a sight to see gwoz the warrior break it up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J9cn1ecDKfA

One thing that I don't think anyone knows is that Bergren (ref) may have had a broken nose after the scrum. I sit right next to the ref tunnel and both nostrils were bloody as he left the ice. He must have taken a punch from someone. He was a trooper so no one knew I don't think.

Who taught you how to do this stuff?

From you, Hak! I learned it from watching you!

sweet, it is you :lol: where you gona watch the bsu games from?? cant be on building grounds 2 hours before or after :lol:

the best part is this picture is on the hockey home page of fightingsioux.com :D

Wow. How embarrassing. I did that for like three seconds as a joke as it's what the students used to do at the old arena against the Gophers. :lol:

i think they photoshopped it :lol: its all good. make it your screensaver for sure

gwoz upset the ref didnt step in and break up radke fight

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2008/02...ay-night-fight/

using this home video showing the ref who brought a guy to the box had to come back and break it up as the other ref watched as gwoz was walking out to break it up....that would have been a sight to see gwoz the warrior break it up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J9cn1ecDKfA

That was good video for a cell phone. :lol:

I would like to sincerely apologize to my fans, the Sioux players and entire program, as well as all Siouxsports.com members, the University of North Dakota and fightingsioux.com, for my actions during Go Sioux cheer. I

Wow. How embarrassing. I did that for like three seconds as a joke as it's what the students used to do at the old arena against the Gophers. :lol:

So thats were you where sitting. We needed you by the box with your insults. It was pretty weak before the game.

Most importantly, I am a rolemodel before I am a fan and I understand the responsibility that we carry as rolemodels within the REA to young hockey fans and families everywhere.

Uh oh, does that mean that the future generation of Sioux fans are all going to be almost-30-something-year-olds trying to sneak into the student section when all the other students think he's crazy for doing so?

Uh oh, does that mean that the future generation of Sioux fans are all going to be almost-30-something-year-olds trying to sneak into the student section when all the other students think he's crazy for doing so?

I am crazy, but nope. I'm gone from the student section forever now other than when students are on break.

Drumroll, please...INCH's player of the week is out

Of course, the Army goaltender. After all, they shutout the 58th ranked (KRACH) American International 4-0, 4-0. Had to make 41 saves! Yikes!! He needs a few weeks off after that kind of workload.

Kozek was only able to record a hat trick Friday, including the game-tying and winning goals and add an assist. Then on Saturday he could only add one goal and one assist. So he was only involved in 6 of the 9 goals so he wasn't enough of a factor in the series. In addition, it was a minor series for 2nd place in the WCHA with the #3 and #6 ranked teams (at the time) in the country.

At least they included him in the "runners-up" section, the first time a Sioux player has been mentioned all year. I guess JPL's shutout streak earlier in the season wasn't impressive enough (Michigan St, BC, Northeastern). If only he could have played against American International he might have received some recognition.

Drumroll, please...INCH's player of the week is out

Of course, the Army goaltender. After all, they shutout the 58th ranked (KRACH) American International 4-0, 4-0. Had to make 41 saves! Yikes!! He needs a few weeks off after that kind of workload.

Kozek was only able to record a hat trick Friday, including the game-tying and winning goals and add an assist. Then on Saturday he could only add one goal and one assist. So he was only involved in 6 of the 9 goals so he wasn't enough of a factor in the series. In addition, it was a minor series for 2nd place in the WCHA with the #3 and #6 ranked teams (at the time) in the country.

At least they included him in the "runners-up" section, the first time a Sioux player has been mentioned all year. I guess JPL's shutout streak earlier in the season wasn't impressive enough (Michigan St, BC, Northeastern). If only he could have played against American International he might have received some recognition.

INCH has officially turned into a non-player for college hockey coverage, imo. I contacted them and basically said it's sad to see their website coverage turn into crap the last couple of years. they must be busy running a Nascar fantasy website because they obviously don't watch college hockey anymore. sorry, Goon. :lol:

Gwozdecky displeased with Sioux

Behind three late-game melees and seven major penalties, nine 10-minute misconducts and five game misconducts, North Dakota leads the country in penalty minutes, averaging 22.2 per game.

The Fighting Sioux's latest fight-interrupted game came Saturday night against the visiting University of Denver, and Pioneers coach George Gwozdecky was disturbed by all facets of it.

Gwozdecky pointed out Monday that the Sioux previously were involved in similar situations in games at Wisconsin and Minnesota this season, and he was equally critical of how officials dealt with Saturday's fight between Sioux senior Kyle Radke and Pioneers sophomore Brandon Vossberg.

"That type of stuff has no business in hockey, especially in college hockey,"

"And the thing that really surprised me was, there was no evidence of the code of hockey, if you will, that when you get the guy down, it's over," Gwozdecky said. "These guys have grown up playing competitive hockey, and there is an honor system where, when you've got the guy down, it's done."
I'm sure this is going to stir things up again. :lol:

The Pioneers were Taken down

To say the least, the second period ended with a bang, as physical play and fighting words reached the boiling point. As the DU players were heading off the ice, a couple of Sioux players skated by their bench and the rest, as they say, is history. Mannino got in a strong push and then sophomore Brandon Vossberg became the main event as he was getting walloped by Kyle Radke near center ice. Gwozdecky then came running onto the ice and pushed sophomore Cody Brookwell towards the scene to break things up, which then prompted the officials to get into the middle of things. Vossberg ended up getting __ stitches as a result of the fight.