SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

Stopped by GPL and saw 89 posts on the UND vs Rodent thread.

Man, there's a lot of venom over there!! Bina's getting a lot of hate probably because of the 189 ft goal. :lol: And Finley's getting a lot because he's from Edina. I guess most of the GPL posters live in Section 8 housing in North Minneapolis.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then spice it up yourself, what are you waiting for :lol:

The way suspensions are handed out I would end up off the net for a while. :D

I kind of said that tounge in check; but it has been real tame for a series that is supposed to be the Hatfields and McCoys.

Flash from the past. YaneA, February 1, 2002

Couple of years ago I made up a sign to welcome the Gophers to the old Ralph. It featured the icon for choking--

a guy clutching at his throat with both hands. I embellished the illustration by adding a maroon and gold

helmet and jersey. The caption? What else? "Universal Sign for Choking." Apropos then, apropos now.

Unfortunately, I gave the sign to a student sitting at ice level and never saw it again. But, hey, it may be time

to reproduce the slam.

When the Gophers come to town, good sportsmanship goes out the window. Man, I hate those guys!

the usual solid gopher fans have been around talking hockey here but the trolls that usaully pop out of their holes this time of year are afraid to talk smack. plain and simple.

Yeah, LOL, how the might have fallen.

By contrast the mirror page on the Gopher site is less than 2 pages.....think they might be a little down on the boys? :lol:

Everybody I know here has no expectations for even a slightly favorable Goph outcome this weekend and lack of any type of enthusiasm is the result. Typical metropolitan minnesota fans that only support winners.

By contrast the mirror page on the Gopher site is less than 2 pages.....think they might be a little down on the boys? :lol:

You're forgetting that this is no big deal for Minnesota. While UND only gets Gopher week twice a year, for Minnesota every week is Gopher week. Every Minnesota opponent thinks they have a big rivalry with the Gophers and plays up to them, but to the Gophers each week is just another opponent who thinks they're the Gophers' rival.

With everyone healthy this weekend, does anyone have any idea who will play. It seems they like miller on the bigger ice. Do they keep the DOK line together? Marto or Lapoint?

My guess is that the top 3 lines are set. So does Miller fit on the 4th line? I doubt it and think he sits. Lapoint played both last week so again I don't think that changes. If Hak didn't see fit to give Marto ice time last week, he more than like won't again this weekend.

Hey Bob and others . . . .

Here is a good source for your ticket needs. While some are pricey, many times others that are posted that are not so pricey. Keep checking back. The Gopher Nation will be stepping down and off in a big way this week. The market is going to bottom out big time, except to the extent that it is driven back up by Sioux fans.

While I agree that prices should be what the market bears, I am not a big fan of Sioux fans scalping other Sioux fans to make a couple of bucks. Not saying this happens mind you, but sometimes people run the risk of getting blinded by the green dollar rather than seeing the wisdom and the light of helping folks see the Kelly Green.

Gopher Ticket Well

Just wanted to say thanks NDH for the link, I wouldn't have know about it otherwise. After watching for a couple days, late last night a gopher season ticket holder put his 2 tix up for face value, on the blue line! I was able to snap them up within 15 minutes.

Thanks again.

It may be posted elsewhere but solid word is that Schmidt, Randy will referee both games this weekend.

Rats. I wanted Todd Anderson. Or, better yet, Greg Shephard.

My spelling on both, or all three, names is probably off.

let's just hope there are no replays, oh wait we aren't playing Denver this weekend.

Just wanted to say thanks NDH for the link, I wouldn't have know about it otherwise. After watching for a couple days, late last night a gopher season ticket holder put his 2 tix up for face value, on the blue line! I was able to snap them up within 15 minutes.

Thanks again.

You are welcome Bob. I saw the same post, and tried to jump on them for a solid friend of mine for his family and extended kin. You beat me to them!! Have fun.

The Sioux practice at 5:15 today. I think that I'll take some of that in before heading to Stub and Herbs for a beer and some hometown B.S.

Do they let folks in to those practices? Stub and Herbs is always a hoot. They oughta run a mop through that place every now and then to flush out some of the Gopher bull$!@# that accumulates on the floor.

Lapoint played both last week so again I don't think that changes. If Hak didn't see fit to give Marto ice time last week, he more than like won't again this weekend.

I would be surprised if Marto doesn't get at least one game. I think that at this point, he is a better skater than LaPoint, and that might be a nice benefit on the larger sheet.