SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

A friend and I will be attending our first Sioux/Gopher game at Mariucci Arena. I've been wanting to attend at Sioux game at Mariucci for 5 years! This year I was finally able to score a couple tickets for the Friday game. We booked a room at the Day's Inn near the arena. Any advice you could offer would be fantastic (ie: parking, restaurants, shuttle service). Also, we have SRO tickets. Unfortunately we are both vertically challenged. LOL! Will we have a hard time seeing the ice? How early should we get to the arena to ensure that we get a good spot? I apologize for all the questions. I just want to ensure that we are prepared when we walk into Gopherville. :angry:

You'll have no problem seeing in SRO. Those are great spots for watching the game. Get there early to get your preferred spot, however.

very true they are a soft team. one player who will mix it up with bickel but thats it, not worried about the average but nice findings on the numbers. yes your PP is very pathetic. cant believe how bad it is really but without stoa and KO i guess thats gona happen but didnt think that bad. i like the big ice for the sioux vs the gophers. should be some fun games

While the gophers often play soft they didn't in the Ralph and I don't expect they will this weekend either. This is a big game for rivalry and playoff reasons and I think the gophers will play desperate. I just hope the continue to take off the 3rd period.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have no problem seeing in SRO. Those are great spots for watching the game. Get there early to get your preferred spot, however.

While the gophers often play soft they didn't in the Ralph and I don't expect they will this weekend either. This is a big game for rivalry and playoff reasons and I think the gophers will play desperate. I just hope the continue to take off the 3rd period.

yes they did that weekend and yes they are pathetic in 3rd periods. every game they seem to blow some sort of a 1 or 2 goals lead. they wear out or something happens to cause that. crazy

I heard the problem was threefold:

1. Not enough people to fill the seats

2. People got injured/choked on the appetizers and were out for the remainder of the luncheon

3. People kept leaving halfway through to go to the Wild luncheons.

A lot of people haven't got back from World Juniors yet...it's a long walk...

Hakshomey's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it. Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Regardless of the score, I guarantee you that the Sioux will have twice as many penalties as the Gophs over the series. It never fails in Mpls that the Sioux are fighting bullsh*t calls like three straight against them in 3rd periods of close games. Happens every time. The one time that a guy tried to call a fair game (which was even in Grand Forks) he was suspended (Kleven).

Yep your right. Any official the WCHA sends there gives them direct orders to screw over the sioux...idiot

Hey Bob and others . . . .

Here is a good source for your ticket needs. While some are pricey, many times others that are posted that are not so pricey. Keep checking back. The Gopher Nation will be stepping down and off in a big way this week. The market is going to bottom out big time, except to the extent that it is driven back up by Sioux fans.

While I agree that prices should be what the market bears, I am not a big fan of Sioux fans scalping other Sioux fans to make a couple of bucks. Not saying this happens mind you, but sometimes people run the risk of getting blinded by the green dollar rather than seeing the wisdom and the light of helping folks see the Kelly Green.

Gopher Ticket Well

Follow up: Was able to get a pair on ebay today for Friday's game for $112. Section 2, which is I think the end the Sioux will shoot at twice, so thats good.

Follow up: Was able to get a pair on ebay today for Friday's game for $112. Section 2, which is I think the end the Sioux will shoot at twice, so thats good.

Depending on how high up they are, you may be smack dab in the heart of one of the Goofie student sections. The upper 2/3 of Section 2 is students. It looks like the first 13-15 rows or so are season ticket holders.

The arena will be able to tell you if this is a concern to you. Of course, because Gopher students are notorious for arriving late, if at all, you may have near the whole section to yourself.

It is the end where the Sioux shoot twice. There will be plenty of Sioux fans watching over you from the SROs there as well. Great fun to be standing behind the students, or in the students, and cheering for the Sioux.

Depending on how high up they are, you may be smack dab in the heart of one of the Goofie student sections. The upper 2/3 of Section 2 is students. It looks like the first 13-15 rows or so are season ticket holders.

The arena will be able to tell you if this is a concern to you. Of course, because Gopher students are notorious for arriving late, if at all, you may have near the whole section to yourself.

It is the end where the Sioux shoot twice. There will be plenty of Sioux fans watching over you from the SROs there as well. Great fun to be standing behind the students, or in the students, and cheering for the Sioux.

Sweet! I'll be in lucky row 13. Sioux Jersey and Holy Cross hat?

Your team is going down this weekend! Lucia-Carman-Flynn will have 6+ points and you will all be calling for Haks head and comparing Lammy to Frazee!!

Reality check..I think this is going to be a very physical series, If we can FINALLY finish some scoring chances we have a shot. Would be very happy with anything more than 1 point. If they score 1 or 2 goals a game..... will be a long series for the Gophers. I can't wish good luck so I will wish good hockey to all fans. See you there. Go Gophers!

All your Holy Cross crap is going to bite you in the ass one day. Maybe even this March! Carma is a bit** :angry: Still hope our arena people come up with some humor, I still laugh my ass off when I think of the chick in the penalty box!

All your Holy Cross crap is going to bite you in the ass one day. Maybe even this March! Carma is a bit** :angry: Still hope our arena people come up with some humor, I still laugh my ass off when I think of the chick in the penalty box!

I'll admit, the HC stuff is getting old, we have gotten our mileage out of that one,but it's all in fun, and people here still seem to get laughs from it. What's the story about the penalty box chick?

If the Sioux play to their ability on the big ice surface, the sweep is certainly there for the taking.

If the outcome of a game is already decided and the Gophers start some of their face-wash slappy-fights or run the goaltender antics watch for Radke to throw some haymakers this weekend. This will be his last regular season tilt against Goldilocks and I am sure he would like nothing better, so let's see if any of them has the guts to take him on. I think it would be great to see Bickel get a nose job like Vanilla's.

Your team is going down this weekend! Lucia-Carman-Flynn will have 6+ points and you will all be calling for Haks head and comparing Lammy to Frazee!!

Reality check..I think this is going to be a very physical series, If we can FINALLY finish some scoring chances we have a shot. Would be very happy with anything more than 1 point. If they score 1 or 2 goals a game..... will be a long series for the Gophers. I can't wish good luck so I will wish good hockey to all fans. See you there. Go Gophers!

im one who is way over the holy cross thing, was a few weeks after the game really. i have no problem with other sioux fans still liking it but it is in fun but i would never wear a holy cross anything to a sioux game which the sioux are playing, green, white or black all day long, purple is for vikings games :D

GO GREEN - GO SIOUX

The penalty box girl happened at the Ralph in december. A Gopher went to the box, and the big screen showed a Gopher uniform go into the penalty box, take off "his" helmet, and out comes this flowing hair, and it was a girl!! Great humor!

Agree with Holy Cross being over and done.

Regardless of the score, I guarantee you that the Sioux will have twice as many penalties as the Gophs over the series. It never fails in Mpls that the Sioux are fighting bullsh*t calls like three straight against them in 3rd periods of close games. Happens every time. The one time that a guy tried to call a fair game (which was even in Grand Forks) he was suspended (Kleven).

A Sioux fan complaining about officiating??? What?? Oh wait, it's 15 below in Grand Forks, hell has officially frozen over.

A Sioux fan complaining about officiating??? What?? Oh wait, it's 15 below in Grand Forks, hell has officially frozen over.

a gopher fan commenting on it in almost every post on every website, oh wait......hope your golden softies can score more than 2 goals this weekend..man i love this rivalry :angry: