Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Defensive 2 Deep Guesses

Recommended Posts

On 4/17/2017 at 10:51 AM, gundy1124 said:

And I think their best DL is leaving early for the draft, too!!

 

Yes, it will be an interesting game.  Taylor and Schmitty will probably be thinking about each other all summer.:love:

They had 5 DL on the pac12 all conf teams.   3 were seniors. The best and biggest in my opinion will be back....he was a fresh all American , 1st team PAC 12 as a soph and possibly injured last year....Hon mention  PAC 12 as a jun.  He's a 6'3" 320lb senior.  His partner is a 6'3" 290lb senior....HM PAC 12.  Big big Samoans!!!  They also bring back DE (ucla transfer) that was inj game 3.  He was leading the team in sacks and TFLs before the injury.   He will be a senior as well.   They will be very difficult to run against.   

They lose their entire o line except one.  Glad to get them in first game of season.  They have only 4 upper class men here ....2 sen 2 jun.  Our quickness could create problems for them.  

Their secondary loses 5 of top 6 guys...but the one coming back is a stud ...6'3" 220 jun.  need to be able to pass on them  

They return a first team all American punter.....field position field position field position!! 

They are going up tempo this year and they are built for it.....the majority of the skilled guys are smallish....5-9ish 175 lb ish.  Quickness.  

und brings back a ton of experienced men ....and they know how to win.  cant wait!!! 

  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

They had 5 DL on the pac12 all conf teams.   3 were seniors. The best and biggest in my opinion will be back....he was a fresh all American , 1st team PAC 12 as a soph and possibly injured last year....Hon mention  PAC 12 as a jun.  He's a 6'3" 320lb senior.  His partner is a 6'3" 290lb senior....HM PAC 12.  Big big Samoans!!!  They also bring back DE (ucla transfer) that was inj game 3.  He was leading the team in sacks and TFLs before the injury.   He will be a senior as well.   They will be very difficult to run against.   

They lose their entire o line except one.  Glad to get them in first game of season.  They have only 4 upper class men here ....2 sen 2 jun.  Our quickness could create problems for them.  

Their secondary loses 5 of top 6 guys...but the one coming back is a stud ...6'3" 220 jun.  need to be able to pass on them  

They return a first team all American punter.....field position field position field position!! 

They are going up tempo this year and they are built for it.....the majority of the skilled guys are smallish....5-9ish 175 lb ish.  Quickness.  

und brings back a ton of experienced men ....and they know how to win.  cant wait!!! 

  

 

 

Not D-line, my bad, a safety Marcus Williams declared early for the draft.  Thanks for the research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. UND needs more safeties.  Seems like they are always teetering on the brink at safety.  With Tamas Stewart out with a shoulder injury it was hard to get a gauge on what they truly have.  Two freshman, Jordan Canady and Andre Randolph got reps throughout spring but we won’t have an idea on them until fall camp.  Cole Reyes is an All-American and veteran Chuck Flowers has played some and seems to be improving by the year.  Vashon Tucker hasn’t played at all.  So, they have two guys that have played entering next fall.  Stewart needs to be a player.
  2. Defensive Line is getting better by the day.  Depth is solid.  Talent is getting better.  With depth/talent come battles each and every day in practice.  This makes them better and makes the team better.  Plus, their are four pretty good DL coming in this fall.  Simply put, the DL Dawgs need to win the line of scrimmage every week for UND to make a run deep in the FCS playoffs.
  3. The cornerback spot has quality, high-end talent and is starting to develop some depth.  (H3Harris, Hunt, Holm are all solid).  Need Tyus Carter to return from injury and push those three.  Garrett Bollant is a wild card, special teams guy.  We like where the cornerback position is at. Plus, Hayden Blubaugh will be joining the group in August.
  4. A freshman could be starting opposite Jade Lawrence at outside linebacker.  Lawrence is pretty much a lock to start on the weakside but the emergence of Jaxson Turner and Ray Haas make it interesting (those positions are somewhat interchangeable).  Right now, I would slate Tanner Palmborg as the starter heading into the summer but Haas will push him hard.
  5. The inside linebacker position is one big question mark (?).  Donnell Rodgers should be a starter-we are high on him.  But after that it is a bunch of inexperienced players battling it out.  Jake Disterhaupt is a senior, yes, but he has never played ILB.  After those two there are two freshmen in Jake Rastas and Jake Geier, to go along with Oscar Nevermann, who played RB last year.  They need Dijon Murray to stay healthy and finally get out on the field after being on campus now for over a year.  Cam Hunt could be a wild card but he missed the entire spring and valuable reps.  Mildly worried about the ILB position.

Defensive 2-deep at start of fall camp:

DE Dranka Cieslak

NT Harris Greer

DE Greely Bennett

OLB Lawrence Poole

ILB Rodgers Rastas

ILB Disterhaupt Geier

OLB Palmborg Haas 

CB Hunt Carter

SS Reyes Canaday

FS Stewart Randolph

CB Harris Holm

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Bollant have the fasted 40 time on the team last year?  Seems like a guy with that much speed would make his way onto the field somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Didn't Bollant have the fasted 40 time on the team last year?  Seems like a guy with that much speed would make his way onto the field somehow. 

Hips and balls skills........... but looking for him to make plays on special teams.  And this isn't a rip on the kid, but a player has to be uber talented at corner at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Didn't Bollant have the fasted 40 time on the team last year?  Seems like a guy with that much speed would make his way onto the field somehow. 

Speed just isn't everything. Hopefully he develops and can see the field more in 2017. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Sounds like Poole might be dealing with some drug charges.   Damnit!!! 

Ahhhh, this stuff is so frustrating. Get it together kids. Plenty of "legal" stuff you can go do.

Side note, met this kids dad at the Poly game last year ... super nice guy. Had drove all the way out from Colorado. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Sounds like Poole might be dealing with some drug charges.   Damnit!!! 

Intent to distribute, I guess the full cost of attendance just isn't enough for some.  We might have to quit treating pot as an herbal supplement.  I remember Clive getting treated with kid gloves, bad precedent.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Intent to distribute, I guess the full cost of attendance just isn't enough for some.  We might have to quit treating pot as an herbal supplement.  I remember Clive getting treated with kid gloves, bad precedent.

I would say that Bubba should drop the hammer hard to set an example, isn't that about the 4th or 5th arrest for pot in the last couple of years? Isn't  intent to distribute a felony anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I would say that Bubba should drop the hammer hard to set an example, isn't that about the 4th or 5th arrest for pot in the last couple of years? Isn't  intent to distribute a felony anyways?

It sure is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through the magic of the internet, I looked up someone's bad day.
In the litany of charges is 2 B misdemeanors (alcohol, paraphernalia), 3 A misdemeanors (paraphernalia, controlled substance x 2), and a B felony (Intent to deliver). 

See ya. Buh-bye. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Intent to distribute, I guess the full cost of attendance just isn't enough for some.  We might have to quit treating pot as an herbal supplement.  I remember Clive getting treated with kid gloves, bad precedent.

To give up a free college education for something like this is mind boggling. To each their own but the unfavorable impressions will linger with the university, UND football and Bubba....not just the individual.    Once you pledge your commitment...you're pledging a representation to the university, the community and bubba.  Just because your a scholarship athlete with a free tuition doesn't excuse you from the law.   Simply put....you need to adhere to the rules. Period!!  Im not putting a badge of hate on Poole and it's not indicative that he's is a bad kid,  but he essentially said F U and played an individual game...and for that he and many others will pay.  Very frustrating. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Poole's Twitter pic shows a color added license plate that says "faded". Kmon man! Pull your head out of your ass.

Color added, you say? I had to look at his Twitter page to see what state that is. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

Color added, you say? I had to look at his Twitter page to see what state that is. :D

Stupid auto correct/I can't spell worth a !@#$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really isn't that hard. Just do what you're supposed to and you'll be fine.  Mistakes I understand but not this.  Every one of the boys know right from wrong. No excuses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This raised a question in my mind that may be totally unfounded ,given we have only one example, but is there extra risk with Colorado recruits given that state and its laws on weed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This raised a question in my mind that may be totally unfounded ,given we have only one example, but is there extra risk with Colorado recruits given that state and its laws on weed? 

Can throw Washington in there as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 6:09 PM, Longtime fan said:

Sounds like Poole might be dealing with some drug charges.   Damnit!!! 

Aviation major - damn hope this isn't a mistake that haunts him for a lifetime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Aviation major - damn hope this isn't a mistake that haunts him for a lifetime. 

If he is dealing, this can't be categorized as just a mistake in my book.  After looking at his twitter, I am much more concerned that his lifestyle has not corrupted too many of his teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

This raised a question in my mind that may be totally unfounded ,given we have only one example, but is there extra risk with Colorado recruits given that state and its laws on weed? 

And ND has passed a law for medical marijuana, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

This raised a question in my mind that may be totally unfounded ,given we have only one example, but is there extra risk with Colorado recruits given that state and its laws on weed? 

I would say there is no doubt there is greater risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×