SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 - 2017 NHL Season

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, farce poobah said:

Congratulations to Jonathan Toews on becoming one of the NHL 100 Best!

In reviewing the list, I see 9 US college hockey players on the list, a bit better than I would have thought:

Chris Chelios - Wisconsin

Ken Dryden - Cornell

Tony Esposito - Michigan Tech

Brett Hull - UMD

Duncan Keith - Michigan State

Brian Leetch - Boston College

Joe Nieuwendyk - Cornell

Jonathan Toews - UND

Adam Oates - RPI

(Did I miss any?)

Hmm, very interesting.  Not one Goofer player?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

This is as ugly as it gets. Hard to believe Nyquist stayed in the game and hard to believe Stewart didn't rearrange his face.

Once it got to 6-3 some retribution needed to be handed out. Very disappointed someone didn't do what needed to be done.

Nyquist said it "was completely accidental".  BS.  Unfortunately we all have the luxury of instant replay.  I don't think anyone that say that would come to the conclusion that it was accidental.  He should be suspended for at least 10 games.  This was a viscous attack using the stick.  Definitely not a part of the game.  

• Upvote 2

Now don't misread this:

Spurgeon should have received a minor for the cross-check in the back (call it cross-check or boarding). 

Nyquist should have received five and game and then "supplementary discipline". (What the NBC guys call for seems about right.) 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now don't misread this:

Spurgeon should have received a minor for the cross-check in the back (call it cross-check or boarding). 

Nyquist should have received five and game and then "supplementary discipline". (What the NBC guys call for seems about right.) 

That was a love tap of a crosscheck. Parise takes a hell of lot worse ones camped in front of the net with no calls. He deserves at least 10 games if not 20. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

That was a love tap of a crosscheck. 

I have a problem with "love taps" like that.
It came the day a "love tap" like that broke loose a bone spur from a vertebrae in my back. 

By definition, a "love tap" like that is checking from behind and cross-checking. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I have a problem with "love taps" like that.
It came the day a "love tap" like that broke loose a bone spur from a vertebrae in my back. 

By definition, a "love tap" like that is checking from behind and cross-checking. 

Sorry about your bone spur but again to me that was as minor of a crosscheck as it gets. The bottom line is Nyquist completely lost it for a couple seconds and I hope he pays dearly for it. 

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Nyquist must pay for that willful act. And it seems he will. Good. He almost cost a human being an eye. 

But, by Rule 59 (NHL rule book), that was a cross check. Just because it wasn't called does not change what it was. 

Had they called a penalty I would of had no problem with it but there are so many more that are worse than that and don't get called. And for the refs not to kick Nyquist out of the game is beyond me. Something like that should be reviewable

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

No way is that a penalty on Spurgeon. That just isn't called In the NHL.

And that's a problem.
I don't like that hit in that position (head down by boards).

If Nyquist had gone jaw first into the dasher what would people be saying?