Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Fetch

GO WILD

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Again nobody comes close to Joe. 23 mil a year for a slap singles hitter playing first base. Puke. 

Oh and I thought his contract was ridiculous when he signed it. Way to many years. 

Hrbek signed a home town "discount" contract, along with Puckett (who was from Chicago but adopted Mpls as hometown), Mauer though sought and got his hometown "plus" contract knowing the Twins could ill-afford not to sign him so he tightened the noose.  Thx Joe.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Hrbek signed a home town "discount" contract, along with Puckett (who was from Chicago but adopted Mpls as hometown), Mauer though sought and got his hometown "plus" contract knowing the Twins could ill-afford not to sign him so he tightened the noose.  Thx Joe.

Puckett signed the first contract that worked out to be $3 million per year and was the highest paid player in baseball at the time. That doesn't look like a hometown discount deal. Mauer could have made more money if he had signed with a team like Boston. He didn't take a big discount from Minnesota, but probably could have gotten even more somewhere else.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fair point but Suter is still stealing from the franchise he plays for more that Joe IMO.

I will still say Jason Pominville for that prize. $5.6M cap hit for three more years for a player who should have been in the press box before Vanek and Zucker Saturday night. I hope they can buy him out after this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I will still say Jason Pominville for that prize. $5.6M cap hit for three more years for a player who should have been in the press box before Vanek and Zucker Saturday night. I hope they can buy him out after this season.

Boom. Vomitville is by far the softest player in the entire NHL. Yet he is still on the number 1 line and powerplay. Just for that Yeo needs to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Puckett signed the first contract that worked out to be $3 million per year and was the highest paid player in baseball at the time. That doesn't look like a hometown discount deal. Mauer could have made more money if he had signed with a team like Boston. He didn't take a big discount from Minnesota, but probably could have gotten even more somewhere else.

Yep - but people don't want to realize this.  They just want to see the $$$$.

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I will still say Jason Pominville for that prize. $5.6M cap hit for three more years for a player who should have been in the press box before Vanek and Zucker Saturday night. I hope they can buy him out after this season.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Boom. Vomitville is by far the softest player in the entire NHL. 

That is saying something with Vanek on the same roster............

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That is saying something with Vanek on the same roster............

They'll probably get Kessel next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Phil or Amanda?

Phil would be less interested along the boards and in the d end,  so they better get amanda

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

That is saying something with Vanek on the same roster............

Very true but my hate for him runs deeper than Vaneks, although not by much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years ago in Chicago Trib sports, Mike Royko (may he RIP) said of a trending playoff baseball team, that there was NO WAY they could win it all.

They simply had too many ex-Cubs on the roster, and explained it in great detail.

Well......do the Wild have too many ex-goofers?

Just sayin.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:57 PM, 82SiouxGuy said:
2 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

Many years ago in Chicago Trib sports, Mike Royko (may he RIP) said of a trending playoff baseball team, that there was NO WAY they could win it all.

They simply had too many ex-Cubs on the roster, and explained it in great detail.

Well......do the Wild have too many ex-goofers?

Just sayin.

Hmm, maybe.  Tonight they played a really good 3rd period to get the game tied up and probably deserved that 4th goal but lost in ot.  Effort there and result should have been better but sooner or late though puck luck and/or up against a hot goalie run their course.  I did figure though when Dal go the 3rd goal to go up 3-2 in 2nd period I belive that it was very doubtful Min with their lack of goal scoring could get 4 goals to beat them.  Sure enough, that came true.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild deserved better last night, but they have some weird obstacle to getting the puck in the net.  Koivu's goal could nearly have been overturned. SMH, I just don't understand how they're not scoring more.  Obviously a couple of stops by the goalie were going on his personal highlight reel, but that doesn't account for the other 30 that just didn't get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pominville had 3 grade A chances in the first 2 periods alone and couldn't cash in. The PK has been awful as well.  Wild now 1-10 in OT games this season. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2016 at 8:35 PM, Oxbow6 said:

.........mark it down: Yeo will get the ax on 2/12.

...wait for it, wait for it.............in 3...2...1

 

If it isn't today do the Wild can him on Valentine's day? I really can not comprehend the fact they would send Yeo on the western road trip after the Wild lose to BOS on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

...wait for it, wait for it.............in 3...2...1

 

If it isn't today do the Wild can him on Valentine's day? I really can not comprehend the fact they would send Yeo on the western road trip after the Wild lose to BOS on Saturday.

If that's the case I'm hoping for a loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

If that's the case I'm hoping for a loss. 

Hope is not need..........you have watched them play the last 6 weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:08 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Hope is not need..........you have watched them play the last 6 weeks!

But it's Minnesota sports. When you want them to lose for whatever reason they win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

But it's Minnesota sports. When you want them to lose for whatever reason they win.

And when you want them to win they lose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, Blackheart said:

At some point the Wild are their record.

Exactly, which now is nearing .500 but that's in danger of plummeting further.  Haks in Philly has about the same record on the season (yeay, a long ways to go yet) as the Wild do but with a team that was expected to be in the lower 1/4 of the league, unlike the wild who were looking I believe to be in the top 10.  Not all on Yeo I guess but gotta do something to shake it up, seems like a very underperforming and fragile team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×