SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

2 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

OK, I was too wiped out from USA v Canada to stay up and watch the Wild last night, but that would've been a great game to see them come back and best San Jose - Any night owls catch it?

Sure did. Wild were down 2-0 and 4-2 and came back both times to tie it up and win it at the end. That was a big boy win at a place they have struggled at lately. Doobs has had back to back bad games and I expect to see Kuemper in goal in the next one. Hopefully it's just a bad 2 game stretch for Doobs because obviously he's a big reason they are where they are in the standings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

OK, I was too wiped out from USA v Canada to stay up and watch the Wild last night, but that would've been a great game to see them come back and best San Jose - Any night owls catch it?

Heck of a night for sports. In other news, my wife had to leave the room with a sports overload.

UND beat NAU - Ugly game, but I'll take the win.

MN beat NW - Not sure how this team has turned it around so much from last season, but Gopher basketball has been fun to watch.

USA beat Canada - Now I can go back to being comfortable with cheering for Jost and cheering against Terry.

Wild beat Sharks - Almost turned this off several times as it got late. Glad I watched til the end though. Crazy effort by the Wild. Love the mentality this year that they are never out of a game. Definitely a resilient bunch. Koivu looked great, and the pass he got from Granlund on one of the late goals was great vision on the pass follow by a terrific finish on the shot.

Time to keep rolling into this weekend and sweeps the Red Cows. Added bonus if we shut out Ortega, or lay a big time hit on him.

• Upvote 2

I just read this http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/wild/2017/01/05/bruce-boudreau-ryan-suter-anaheim-ducks/96214888/

He sounds just like ............Me :D

" Everybody who meets Boudreau has a similar reaction. He comes across as an average Joe, and yet seems special. He is both ruffled and polished, foul-mouthed and kind-hearted, loveable and curmudgeonly. "

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Wild are:

-5th in the league in points, 2nd in the West (57)

-5th in the league in goals for, 1st in the West (130)

-2nd in the league in goals against, 1st in the West (86)

-2nd in the league in goal differential, 1st in the West (+44)

Also, keep in mind that while they're 5th in the league in points, they have:

• 3 games in hand over the 4th team
  • 4 games in hand over the 3rd team
  • 1 game in had over the 2nd team
  • 0 games in hand over the 1st team

They're also tied with Pittsburgh and the NY Rangers in points, but have 1 and 2 games in hand over those two teams, respectively. 

• Upvote 1

Flyers lose.....I'm not trolling....but post game wrap on tv indicated the Philly fans and press may be "on the coach" if they continue their losing ways after the break...Not Hextal as he and the coach are buds...but Philly in an unforgiving sports town....Go Wild....beat the Hawks....