SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Agreed, but some of that is opportunity to look good too. NDSU’s schedule hasn’t been conducive to give any impressive performances yet.

One more joke opponent for SU, then sh*t gets real on their schedule.

If UND had the SU schedule we would be 3-1 right now.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Who are they playing next week, Shanley High School? :p:silly:

Mississippi valley and Robert Morris each have as many FCS playoff wins as UND, so I’d give you guys a 50/50 shot in those games. :)

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I can’t help but wonder if you’d see it through a different lense if USD being an elite team this year didn’t in the smallest way give your loss to them a little positive spin.

I do the same with my team’s losses, you end up cheering for the team that beat you a bit because it makes your loss look better. eg, would’ve been bummed if JMU didn’t win it all last year as it would have made our loss lllk worse

This is probably partially true, although in this case it doesn't have much to do with our loss not looking so bad.  We've had three bad losses now and are going to having a hard time even winning a game or two this year.  So it's not like we are going anywhere this year where a bad loss hurts us come playoff selection time.  We have way bigger issues this year than worrying about that USD loss.  

47 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This is probably partially true, although in this case it doesn't have much to do with our loss not looking so bad.  We've had three bad losses now and are going to having a hard time even winning a game or two this year.  So it's not like we are going anywhere this year where a bad loss hurts us come playoff selection time.  We have way bigger issues this year than worrying about that USD loss.  

I agree UND has bigger problems, but given USD’s status as a historical rival and a program that given their circumstances(transitioned at the same time as UND, brand new coaching staff and other similarities) UND fans likely see USD as a measuring stick of sorts. I know I looked at SDSU in a similar way when we transitioned up together.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, Bison06 said:

Whatever WIU did for the last quarter and a half against USD may just have shown a blueprint to beating USD. USD’s offense screeched to a halt and they gave up nearly 450 yards passing. Lucky to get out of there with a win.

21 points for USD in the first half against Youngstown, what happened to your blueprint?  Did the Youngstown coaches not watch that blueprint on tape from last week?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

21 points for USD in the first half against Youngstown, what happened to your blueprint?  Did the Youngstown coaches not watch that blueprint on tape from last week?

You two just can’t get enough of my opinions around here can you? When was the last time you saw a championship team have 27 unanswered points against them? Crown USD if you want to, I know it makes you feel good, but I see serious flaws in their game on both sides of the ball and I believe they will get exposed when it comes down to it.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

You two just can’t get enough of my opinions around here can you? When was the last time you saw a championship team have 27 unanswered points against them? Crown USD if you want to, I know it makes you feel good, but I see serious flaws in their game on both sides of the ball and I believe they will get exposed when it comes down to it.

Most impressive resume of any FCS school west of the Mississippi.  Not even close.  

29 minutes ago, homer said:

Most impressive resume of any FCS school west of the Mississippi.  Not even close.  

Ok...also they gave up 21+ unanswered points two weeks in a row. They clearly have the ability to put up big points, but they also have the ability to completely fall asleep for quarters at a time. Today they didn’t score a point for almost two full quarters before kicking the game winning FG. I’m not saying they are trash, they are clearly very good. But the way they’ve played at times leaves a heck of a lot of questions in my book.

Edit: whoops, just 14 unanswered this week. 

52 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Ok...also they gave up 21+ unanswered points two weeks in a row. They clearly have the ability to put up big points, but they also have the ability to completely fall asleep for quarters at a time. Today they didn’t score a point for almost two full quarters before kicking the game winning FG. I’m not saying they are trash, they are clearly very good. But the way they’ve played at times leaves a heck of a lot of questions in my book.

Edit: whoops, just 14 unanswered this week. 

They showed this same tendency last year. 

24 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

With a QB with a broken wrist. 

Unbelievable, and soooo acting like not a troll. A troll that has a different definition of what the word troll means. A troll that thinks (knows all the facts), it's the smartest F'awking FB poster on this board. Give me a break. All the Bizon talk of next man up,  and our injuries excuses don't count,  bla bla bla, and you use an injury as an excuse, and one that could of happened right after the game. STICK WITH THE FACTS, Bizon lost, get lost.

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Idk, I heard he broke it post game punching lockers and stuff.

Actually, I heard he broke it at the turf the night before when he punched a homeless elderly man who asked him for some spare change. The nice guy thing is a massive cover up in a joint effort between the stare if ND and the NFL to take us all for millions. Thanks Obama.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Unbelievable, and soooo acting like not a troll. A troll that has a different definition of what the word troll means. A troll that thinks (knows all the facts), it's the smartest F'awking FB poster on this board. Give me a break. All the Bizon talk of next man up,  and our injuries excuses don't count,  bla bla bla, and you use an injury as an excuse, and one that could of happened right after the game. STICK WITH THE FACTS, Bizon lost, get lost.

Deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

Injuries are real, they affect the outcome of the game, I’ve always been consistent on that. I haven’t been one who has been critical of UND’s injury situation.

You’re the one who has inconsistent logic here. Injuries to UND’s starters matter, but a throwing hand injury to the most important player on the team doesn’t? You can’t have it both ways, so which one are you gonna go with? 

32 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You don’t really believe it happened after the game do you? Hahaha