SiouxSports.com Forum

Root Sports TV Schedule

WalkOn79

I would like to see more games with teams other than Montana and Montana St. But, they are the foundation of the Big Sky so it is up to other schools to step up.

Like Ric Flair said..."To be the man, you got to beat the man".

what looks better on tv? wa-griz stadium and 26k thousand people, bobcat stadium and 18K? people, or the alerus center (with hopefully not the ugliest carpet in all of football this fall)?

Good thing is the one game that UND does have is against the Griz which should be a packed house with both fanbases well represented.

Black out? I like.

Cal Poly kind of got the shaft as they are the only school not to have a game broadcast, otherwise every other school is on at least once. Montana with 7 games, Montana State with 6 games and EWU with 2 games are the only schools to have more than 1 game.

As for the times of our home games, I am happy to see only one game with a 1:00 kickoff.

Aug. 30 SD School of Mines 7 p.m.

Sept. 8 Portland State 6 p.m.

Sept. 29 Cal Poly 6 p.m.

Oct. 13 Northern Arizona 3 p.m.

Oct. 20 Montana 2:30 p.m.

Nov. 3 Southern Utah 1 p.m.

Black out? I like.

Cal Poly kind of got the shaft as they are the only school not to have a game broadcast, otherwise every other school is on at least once. Montana with 7 games, Montana State with 6 games and EWU with 2 games are the only schools to have more than 1 game.

As for the times of our home games, I am happy to see only one game with a 1:00 kickoff.

Aug. 30 SD School of Mines 7 p.m.

Sept. 8 Portland State 6 p.m.

Sept. 29 Cal Poly 6 p.m.

Oct. 13 Northern Arizona 3 p.m.

Oct. 20 Montana 2:30 p.m.

Nov. 3 Southern Utah 1 p.m.

I saw the late start times.. that will be an adjustment. But, I think that it will be good.

I saw the late start times.. that will be an adjustment. But, I think that it will be good.

The late times will give the student body enough time to nurse their hangover and then get lubed up and actually support the football team this year. No student wants to wake up 'early' on a Saturday to watch football with a pounding headache.

The late times will give the student body enough time to nurse their hangover and then get lubed up and actually support the football team this year. No student wants to wake up 'early' on a Saturday to watch football with a pounding headache.

That gives you a reason to crack open a beer when you wake up. Nursing a hangover in a short time simply requires more alcohol.

i thought i was gonna be in the minority about liking the later start times?

i really really like blackout idea also...anything less than a packed house for the montana game will be a huge dissapointment.

Where did you read about the blackout idea? I was just on the Big Sky site and couldn't find anything about this. Yes, if nobody is showing up for that game and the far side seats are empty then it should be blacked out up there. I am optimistic that attendance will pick up.

That gives you a reason to crack open a beer when you wake up. Nursing a hangover in a short time simply requires more alcohol.

That is a valid point. But when I was there in early/mid 2000's, I remember missing a few 1 PM games because I was out too late. I would wake up around 11, which is theoretically is enough time to get to the game, but in reality it really isn't. (now I couldn't sleep until 11 if I tried)

As long as there are no hockey games on those sat nights I am all for the later start times. Plus, in october goose/duck hunters will have plenty of time to hunt and clean up before the night/afternoon games.

That is a valid point. But when I was there in early/mid 2000's, I remember missing a few 1 PM games because I was out too late. I would wake up around 11, which is theoretically is enough time to get to the game, but in reality it really isn't. (now I couldn't sleep until 11 if I tried)

As long as there are no hockey games on those sat nights I am all for the later start times. Plus, in october goose/duck hunters will have plenty of time to hunt and clean up before the night/afternoon games.

I don't think any hockey game will overlap with a football game. The Athletic Department wouldn't do that. Plus, I don't think that is going to be a problem. Hockey doesn't start till October anyway. And the latest start time after Oct 1st is 3pm for thje Oct 13th game agaist N. Arizona. That would be the only date where a hockey game would interfere with the football game. I would think that we would not schedule a home hockey game that day.

I was looking at the early hockey schedule on one of the blogs and it looks like there should no conflict on the Oct 13th vs Northern Arizona (Is that homecoming?). Its looks like just an exhibition game on the 12th. The only football/hockey weekend would be when Southern Utah comes up the same weekend we play BU (and if the Athletic Promotions department was smart for the student standpoint, they give out priority numbers to us to encourage us to go to the go to the game and keep our spot in line at the REA).

There should be no excuse this year for my fellow students to attend football games. We will be a decent football team in a good conference actually competing for a conference championship and playoffs. The later starts should give people plenty of time to get over whatever they did the night before, go to the game, and still have more than enough time for their activities on saturday night.

As for the black-out idea for Montana? I don't like it... I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! I was already planning on e-mailing athletics a few ideas for next year for some of the sports (football included), want me to pass along this idea?

Is it August yet?

• Upvote 1

I was looking at the early hockey schedule on one of the blogs and it looks like there should no conflict on the Oct 13th vs Northern Arizona (Is that homecoming?). Its looks like just an exhibition game on the 12th. The only football/hockey weekend would be when Southern Utah comes up the same weekend we play BU (and if the Athletic Promotions department was smart for the student standpoint, they give out priority numbers to us to encourage us to go to the go to the game and keep our spot in line at the REA).

There should be no excuse this year for my fellow students to attend football games. We will be a decent football team in a good conference actually competing for a conference championship and playoffs. The later starts should give people plenty of time to get over whatever they did the night before, go to the game, and still have more than enough time for their activities on saturday night.

As for the black-out idea for Montana? I don't like it... I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! I was already planning on e-mailing athletics a few ideas for next year for some of the sports (football included), want me to pass along this idea?

Is it August yet?

Yes!! Great to hear from a student who is ecited about going to UND Football!! You need to get your fellow classmates out to the Alerus next year!! I put the responsibility all on you!!! Ok, just kidding. But I think that there are going to more students like you out there next year. At least I hope.

Blackout idea for the Montana game would only be cool it the football team wor black jerseys as well. I am with you...I love this idea as well. Weriously, this could be one of the biggest home games since the Bison were last in town!!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know what games wil be on FCS?? We have Montana on Root but what about FCS?

I think our deal with them and WDAZ/UND sports network is up. I've heard that midco will probably outbid wdaz for rights (especially hockey) but that would mean HD. Unless you are me who has Directv and can't get midco sports network.

I think our deal with them and WDAZ/UND sports network is up. I've heard that midco will probably outbid wdaz for rights (especially hockey) but that would mean HD. Unless you are me who has Directv and can't get midco sports network.

As far as I know, there is one year left with Fox College Sports......................

As of right now I am stuck with Cable One (Fargo) but I do get the FSSN...but we were thinking of switching to Directv in a couple months.