SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Questions

GFG

Please do explain...

It's essentially the most popular burger in the TC and it originated there. They take 2 1/4 beef patties and put some cheese in the middle of them. Then they pinch the patties together to make one half pound patty that, when cooked, has a pocket of hot, molten cheese oosing from the inside. It's delicioius.

http://minneapolis.about.com/od/foodanddrink/tp/juicylucy.htm

• Upvote 1

I used to live 6 blocks from The Nook and their Molitor burger is my favorite juicy lucy. Usually the 5-8 and Matt's are the places that get the most publicity. The Blue Door gets pretty good reviews but hasn't been around long enough to compete with the others.

BTW, Shamrocks on 7th is a sister to the Nook. It's much bigger and easier to find although die hards claim their grill hasn't seasoned long enough to make good burgers.

And I almost forgot, just off 35E at Randolf is a small "gourmet" taco joint owned and operated by a couple of UND alums. Great Place! Rusty's Tacos.

Oooh I didn't know the Rusty Taco was owned by UND alums. Now I like it more- and it is already super delicious and reasonably priced! It's in the parking lot of the Trader Joe's so I always go hungry when I shop there so I can make the excuse of getting tacos as well

Watching the horrible Wild game tonight against MTL and they have a Final Five commercial and it is a huge plug for our favorite hockey team! With them all posing for the Championship picture after they won the tourny last year! Good stuff!!!!!!

Let's go boys, do a three pete!!!!!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is also the Saturday morning brunch for SiouxSportsters at Hoggsbreath that is arranged by MafiaMan. There are usually some pretty good hockey stories told there.

Just want clarification - the Hoggsbreath Sioux Brunch this year is Friday at 11 a.m. correct?

What end of the arena will the Sioux be attacking twice on Thursday against St Clown? I'm trying to figure out what section to buy tickets in...

I think it'll be a crapshoot. Even when they were the 1 seed last year they didn't have their typical home side bench.

First time in almost 10 years I won't be at the final five......such a tremendous time to be had by all. The new set up of the final five with every game basically being an elimination game makes the hockey and atmosphere that much better (the third place game sucked....always).

I'd give anything to be at a Friday night Sioux-Gophers semifinal game.....yowser.....Then again, SCSU and Minnesota have had a classic or two.

The big question is....will the Tech band be there?

MissSioux and I are looking for some sign ideas for the Final Five. Looking for ideas to poke a little fun at Minnesota, Duluth, as well as Denver. We've also got ideas for Sioux players. We just thought we'd field some ideas from here if anybody's got anything! :)

How about a welcome to your going away party? (for the Gophers) Or its been so long since you were here we thought you got lost on your 3 mile trip.

Can't think of much for Denver, just the coaching antics....

How about a welcome to your going away party? (for the Gophers) Or its been so long since you were here we thought you got lost on your 3 mile trip.

Can't think of much for Denver, just the coaching antics....

My Sign for the Gopher game (If we get there):

"Welcome back Gophers, we didn't miss you"

MissSioux and I are looking for some sign ideas for the Final Five. Looking for ideas to poke a little fun at Minnesota, Duluth, as well as Denver. We've also got ideas for Sioux players. We just thought we'd field some ideas from here if anybody's got anything! :)

Bow up a picture of google maps giving directions from Mariucci to the Xcel. and have something like "Directtions" or "in case you forgot the way" on it!

Unless my eyes deceived me last weekend, it certianly appeared that Gopher players have dyed their hair for the upcoming mite jamboree Final Five. That alone should be worthy of a sign mocking their team.

Unless my eyes deceived me last weekend, it certianly appeared that Gopher players have dyed their hair for the upcoming mite jamboree Final Five. That alone should be worthy of a sign mocking their team.

MafiaMan, don't insult my Termite team like that. We'd never do something so immature for our year end jamboree. Maybe the Gopher mom's will have signs hanging on the glass for their boys!!

MafiaMan, don't insult my Termite team like that. We'd never do something so immature for our year end jamboree. Maybe the Gopher mom's will have signs hanging on the glass for their boys!!

LOL...Houla's mom is working on the felt team banner!

I'm bringing Sunglasses inside. I'm sitting behind their bench. I dont want to be blinded by the bright colors. Too bad Bjugstad and the other blond guys didn't get to participate in this so-called team bonding activity.

I think SCSU is currently making their banner for participating in the Final Five

I was at the National Concrete Center last season (for the first time in several years) and noticed that they had taken down all of the sponsorship banners. Nothing says minor-league hockey like banners hanging from the rafters reading "Herbergers" or "Bill's Amoco."

I was at the National Concrete Center last season (for the first time in several years) and noticed that they had taken down all of the sponsorship banners. Nothing says minor-league hockey like banners hanging from the rafters reading "Herbergers" or "Bill's Amoco."

The rafters must look pretty bare in there now :lol: