Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

4,028 posts in this topic

Weird that this was "prepared years ago" and yet you're just getting wind of it now.  Was it as prepared as your UND to the WAC?  Or was that preparation different?  

Just trying to keep track of all of your predictions.

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Weird that this was "prepared years ago" and yet you're just getting wind of it now.  Was it as prepared as your UND to the WAC?  Or was that preparation different?  

As FargoBison said, the WAC just had too many moving parts.  As The Sicatoka said, the NCAA has relaxed is FCS to FBS rules by allowing Liberty to move up without an FBS conference invite.  As an investor, most often companies have to changes plans as the regulations change, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

I suspect there will be at least one other conference moving up within a few years:  part of the CAA.  

What are UND's obligations moving forward in regards to the Summit and MVFC?  Has UND signed papers obligating UND to those conferences legally?  Has UND made payments?  If the Summit blows up, can UND fall back to the Big Sky?  

5 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

What are UND's obligations moving forward in regards to the Summit and MVFC?  Has UND signed papers obligating UND to those conferences legally?  Has UND made payments?  If the Summit blows up, can UND fall back to the Big Sky?  

Some one would have to get a hold of those signing papers.  Schools usually put in an "out" if their smart about it.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Twitter now says Valpo and Murray St have invites in hand.

let's get st cloud and mankato on the phone!!!!

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

let's get st cloud and mankato on the phone!!!!

1aea20702b5d7315c72aece1a0977621_-as-of-

after reading some reports about potential replacements for wsu...

1. these mvc beat writers are delusional...the mvc will be a one bid league for a long time regardless if they add valpo, murray, omaha, und, milwakee...

2. being an fcs football school ( or heck even a d1 hockey sponsoring school) is seen as a bad/ foolish thing in the non-fb schools minds...

3. summit needs to make a move...now.

If/When/Once the Valpo/Murray MVC invite occurs, is it for 2017-18 or for 18-19?

On 4/29/2017 at 9:15 AM, southpaw said:

Does that surprise you? IIRC, SiouxVolley knew nothing about the WAC's supposed magic wand ability to create FBS schools until it was discussed publicly in Idaho's athletics study. Then he jumped on it as if it had been part of his predictions all along.

I swiped this from the Jackrabbit board but say Valpo/UWM/Murray all go, would the Summit go for UW-Green Bay?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I swiped this from the Jackrabbit board but say Valpo/UWM/Murray all go, would the Summit go for UW-Green Bay?

My guess wait for the Horizon to pick off the alphabets

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

As long as Ill-Chi is still there, the Horizon will be a bus league for Green Bay.  The IP schools going to the Horizon would just make it better for the Phoenix.

Wisconsin doesn't want anything but a bus league for their DI schools outside the B1G that must have public money allocated. That eliminates any movement except to the MVC.

4 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Does that surprise you? IIRC, SiouxVolley knew nothing about the WAC's supposed magic wand ability to create FBS schools until it was discussed publicly in Idaho's athletics study. Then he jumped on it as if it had been part of his predictions all along.

Went on many boards with my scenarios of the WAC and CAA going FBS.  They all accused me of lunacy and said the WAC now can't invite FCS schools to FBS and the NCAA would never allow waivers for an FBS transition.  They were all wrong and I have yet to be enlightened by your postings, as their a bunch of B.S.

There is a reason that James Madison has rejected the Sun Belt and that is because the NCAA will give a waiver to the CAA eventually to move to FBS.  The CAA just needs to get eight teams ready with facilities and that takes time.  JMU would rather associate with CAA academics than the academic dregs in the the Belt.

I just can't help but chuckle at how Gene Taylor thought he could get NDSU in the MVC by remodeling the BSA.  It turned out second rate center and it still didn't get them even an MVC visit after $40 some million.  Now NDSU has fallen behind on fb facilities in their quest for the MVC.  

39 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

I just can't help but chuckle at how Gene Taylor thought he could get NDSU in the MVC by remodeling the BSA.  It turned out second rate center and it still didn't get them even an MVC visit after $40 some million.  Now NDSU has fallen behind on fb facilities in their quest for the MVC.  

The new arena had nothing to do with impressing the MVC. It was something that had to get done, the BSA was one of the 10 worst facilities in the nation. The coaches were embarrassed to even show it to recruits. Since the school can't bond because the state is run by idiots with zero vision, it is hard to build anything that is ambitious or best meets the needs of the school without the city or a donor like Ralph. 

The only facility FB lacks is an IPF, that can be built and is probably next on the facility agenda. The bubble meets that need for the time being and it was a pretty good temporary solution while more pressing issues were addressed. 

42 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You still havent provided proof that NDSU was looking to the MVC and wanted to make that move.  Whats even more interesting is in all of my conversations with GT he never once mentioned it. But you say other wise. You are again just making stuff up.

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

You still havent provided proof that NDSU was looking to the MVC and wanted to make that move.  Whats even more interesting is in all of my conversations with GT he never once mentioned it. But you say other wise. You are again just making stuff up.

So show proof that Murray St, UW-Milwaukee, and Omaha were lusting for the MVC last year or years ago.  You can't because they don't openly talk about it, as it makes their current conference less stable, but that's obviously beyond the scope of your narrow and uncurious mind.  Guess NDSU is a very unaspirational school according to you.

38 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So show proof that Murray St, UW-Milwaukee, and Omaha were lusting for the MVC last year or years ago.  You can't because they don't openly talk about it, as it makes their current conference less stable, but that's obviously beyond the scope of your narrow and uncurious mind.  Guess NDSU is a very unaspirational school according to you.

Why should I show proof??? I never said anything in regard to any of those schools.

You just lied to fit your usual troll narrative. 

Sounds like Valpo and Murray St will be announced next Monday to the MVC, which might not go to 12 til later.  Maybe the Horizon goes to 11 or 12 too, and take both the IP's off our hands.  

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Sounds like Valpo and Murray St will be announced next Monday to the MVC, which might not go to 12 til later.  Maybe the Horizon goes to 11 or 12 too, and take both the IP's off our hands.  

maybe the horizon sees the value/growth in st cloud and mankato!!!

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe the horizon sees the value/growth in st cloud and mankato!!!

Some day maybe.  Almost the whole of the Horizon used to be members of the Slummit, then they graduate 9n.

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 7:38 PM, SiouxVolley said:

There is a reason that James Madison has rejected the Sun Belt and that is because the NCAA will give a waiver to the CAA eventually to move to FBS.  The CAA just needs to get eight teams ready with facilities and that takes time.  JMU would rather associate with CAA academics than the academic dregs in the the Belt.

That's a bit of an understatement there. If a school is ready to make the jump then they should. Waiting for 7 other schools to upgrade their facilities so the whole conference can move up could take decades.

Will their football stay in the Pioneer?