SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Sorry, but I hate referring to UND as the green and white...it just seems cheesy...end of rant...btw, good point on the goalie situation... :)

If we do get stuck with that name, it will be Wayne Nelson's fault. He started all this Green and White crap. Ryan Bakken had a really good column on this, saying Green and White shouldn't be used. And I have noticed it being used less and less. Even one time is one time too many for me. :angry:

Just watching him as an 8th grader absolutly schooling players that were up to 5 years older than him was special. Hes got awesome hands and vision which always make for a good playmaker. Throw in some speed and hard nosed defensive mentality and he could develope into a special player.

Also can't understate how important it is to have grand forks kids (when they're good enough) on the team.

I totally agree....it's so good for the community. Anyways, I'm hoping for a better second half out of Johnson.

The levels of hipocracy and delusional thinking that comes out of the goofer fan is epic.

I can not imagine what the world must look like when viewed through the glasses of maroon and gold..

I watch hockey, a lot of hockey. when u watch the gooffers the level of chippy crap cheap cheap shots , diving, is epic...it's not just against the Sioux it's everybody. Watch some hockey east teams and most ofthe teams in hockey you just dont see it.

There is a huge difference in playing physical though the whistles and the arrogant crap you watch from the UMtc, and the Homeristic howling of their presentation exasperates it ten fold.

So when I hear seethingly jealous comments about Sioux being (fill in the blank....older, Canadian, drunk, too tough, hicks, ) or cracks about the handshake, or whining about losing a recruit......it makes, as others said literally sick. I don't understand it.

I guess I wouldn't wish Ill will to a JT Miller, Seth Jones, or someone who chose the U over the Sioux. But to slander , defame and ridicule a kid.....fifteen....twenty it doesn't matter...it's disgusting......and it's ugly.

Sometimes I like to slip up behind a goofer fan and softly whisper in its ear........parise......just to watch it squirm seeth and foam at the mouth.

Because so many nice things were said on this site about Miller and Matteau after they de-committed? I have news for you people. GPL and Siouxsports are nearly identical message boards, with identical opinions, simply different fan bases. I know Gopher fans like to think they're different(better) than Sioux fans and Sioux fans like to think they're different(better) than Gopher fans but in reality the fan bases are more similar than not.

Because so many nice things were said on this site about Miller and Matteau after they de-committed? I have news for you people. GPL and Siouxsports are nearly identical message boards, with identical opinions, simply different fan bases. I know Gopher fans like to think they're different(better) than Sioux fans and Sioux fans like to think they're different(better) than Gopher fans but in reality the fan bases are more similar than not.

There you go using that "logic" of yours again... :lol:

True. Gopher fans like to think they are better because a large % of players come from MN while ND fans think they are better due to more championships.

Just watching him as an 8th grader absolutly schooling players that were up to 5 years older than him was special. Hes got awesome hands and vision which always make for a good playmaker. Throw in some speed and hard nosed defensive mentality and he could develope into a special player.

Also can't understate how important it is to have grand forks kids (when they're good enough) on the team.

First part is Chad. Second part is Steve.

I do agree we both have message boards and that is exactly what it is A message board

A little surprised to see Luke Voltin make this list. He obviously has some skills/upside to have been chosen for the NTDP but his stats certainly don't jump out at you - looks like he's 9th on his own team in scoring (14 pts in 31 games), and with only 2 goals. Obviously they saw something that the stat sheet doesn't show you, which is really an encouraging sign that he could have a larger impact here than I originally gave him credit for. Makes me wonder what kind of a role he's filling in Des Moines...

Is Rowe is mike fink situation or does he come in still?

Congrats to those guys! Good to see Voltin as the other two were expected. Really interested to see what's up with Pelnik and how his development is going.

Who is slated to come in next year forwards and D saying they don't have any early departures?

A little surprised to see Luke Voltin make this list. He obviously has some skills/upside to have been chosen for the NTDP but his stats certainly don't jump out at you - looks like he's 9th on his own team in scoring (14 pts in 31 games), and with only 2 goals. Obviously they saw something that the stat sheet doesn't show you, which is really an encouraging sign that he could have a larger impact here than I originally gave him credit for. Makes me wonder what kind of a role he's filling in Des Moines...

He centers the top line in Des Moines. He's going to have more assists than goals with those hands of his. If you've ever seen any of his shootout goals, you'll see more of what I mean. Des Moines isn't the most offensive team out there, as the scoring is pretty close among the top 10 scorers on the team. He seems pretty versatile because he's got the skill to play on a scoring line, and is gritty enough to play on a grinder line.

I am also very shocked he made that team....his numbers are not very good at all. From the looks of it, he may be a lower line player, although his +/- has never been very good.

I am also very shocked he made that team....his numbers are not very good at all. From the looks of it, he may be a lower line player, although his +/- has never been very good.

Luke Johnson's numbers aren't that much better and he made the team... just saying...

If you read the article, it says that each team has one representative in the game. The selection committee obviously felt Voltin was the best representative from his team.

It's a prospects game. It's supposed to showcase the top draft eligible players in the league. Evaluators have to take into account a lot of different scenarios. There were some questionable selections last year too. For example, AJ Michaelson had terrible stats last year and he played in this game.

Personally, I don't know why we can't all just say congrats and leave it be... it's a good opportunity for all these players to show their skills to scouts. Deserving (which is always subjective) or not...

Luke Johnson's numbers aren't that much better and he made the team... just saying...

It's a prospects game. It's supposed to showcase the top draft eligible players in the league. Evaluators have to take into account a lot of different scenarios. Some players play on 1st place teams, veteran teams, young teams, offensively-challenged teams, etc. There were some questionable selections last year too. For example, AJ Michaelson had terrible stats last year and he played in this game.

Personally, I don't know why we can't all just say congrats and leave it be... it's a good opportunity for all these players to show their skills to scouts. Deserving (which is always subjective) or not...

# PLAYER P GP G A PTS +/- PIM PP PPA SH SHA GWG SHOTS S%

10 Voltin, Luke F 31 2 12 14 -5 38 1 2 0 0 0 49 .041

27 Johnson, Luke F 23 7 10 17 +9 13 5 4 0 0 2 67 .104

Luke's hasn't had that great of a year....but there are quite a bit better, given he's played in 8 less games. Plus, if you take away his first 10 games he's averaging over a point a game. At season's end, Luke will have decent stats. You are correct however, we should just say congrats and let them play.

Moderator edit -- table removed

Luke's hasn't had that great of a year....but there are quite a bit better, given he's played in 8 less games. Plus, if you take away his first 10 games he's averaging over a point a game. At season's end, Luke will have decent stats. You are correct however, we should just say congrats and let them play.

True, but Jack Rowe has similar stats to Johnson and people are wondering if he is a Michael Fink. Don't know if he will turn out like Fink or not, but I think all that people are looking at are stats and trying to extrapolate how they will do at the next level. I know that is human nature, but we have all seen guys that put up huge numbers in the USHL and have been checking forwards at UND, or they never realize the potential people expected of them. Brian Canady and James Massen come to mind in that regard, while Brandon Bochenski fulfilled the expectations people had of him because of his USHL career.