SiouxSports.com Forum

what happened to team spirit

the"source"

im a little lost as to what exactly it is you are reffering to? the majority of posters here are good sioux fans. just because we discuss a player we think needs to improve in certain areas or discuss possible line shuffling does not make us bad fans or people. im all for cheering on our team, GO SIOUX! but i don't think we need a pep rally here or to boot any of our sioux faithful.

im a little lost as to what exactly it is you are reffering to? the majority of posters here are good sioux fans. just because we discuss a player we think needs to improve in certain areas or discuss possible line shuffling does not make us bad fans or people. im all for cheering on our team, GO SIOUX! but i don't think we need a pep rally here or to boot any of our sioux faithful.

What he's saying is, Let's start the Sioux Inquisition with the "source" acting as Head Inquisitor.

:D

What he's saying is, Let's start the Sioux Inquisition with the "source" acting as Head Inquisitor.

:D

I agree, but when people start in it snowballs into more then just "our goalie gives up long rebounds"!

It turns into GPL like attacks on players --5 days ago it was Radke and you haters know who else you have gone after!

These kids that come here are not public employees-it is not open seasone becaus they play hockey at UND.

When a poster says someone need to kick his ass (refering to one of our players) this is wrong.

Well TRIOUXP been gone for 2 weeks on thursday, you know it takes a lot less effort to sit back and let him defend the players and coaches!

I agree, but when people start in it snowballs into more then just "our goalie gives up long rebounds"!

It turns into GPL like attacks on players --5 days ago it was Radke and you haters know who else you have gone after!

These kids that come here are not public employees-it is not open seasone becaus they play hockey at UND.

When a poster says someone need to kick his ass (refering to one of our players) this is wrong.

Well TRIOUXP been gone for 2 weeks on thursday, you know it takes a lot less effort to sit back and let him defend the players and coaches!

English is the preferred language on this board. ;)

I don't think the poster wanted someone to kick his a$$ but give him the swift kick in the butt, i.e wake up call, way different that what your posting.

I don't think the poster wanted someone to kick his a$$ but give him the swift kick in the butt, i.e wake up, call way different that what your posting.

I agree with SIOUXELEVEN's post...I think I read the post that you're referring to and it said that the player in question needed a kick in the ass, not to get his ass kicked - big difference. In case it's still unclear to you, here's an example:

You give your kid a kick in the ass when he screws up and gets an F on a test at school.

You kick another guy's ass if he hits on your girlfriend/wife.

Does that help? Is it too much to ask for you to let it go now? Maybe I'm mistaken in what I read about the ass-kicking comment, but if that's the case can you please show me (and the rest of us) the posting?

lets's stand behind our team and root ou all the bad apples ASAP

Hmmmm. Can we make suggestions on who to "root ou"... :D

I also notices that for the last couple of weeks I can say something controversial like, "Oshie will not be elevated to Saint status." without being call names, insulted, and having my support of UND, the players, or the team questioned. Maybe there is a separate issue with the Sioux self-righteous on this board...

Hmmmm. Can we make suggestions on who to "root ou"... :D

I also notices that for the last couple of weeks I can say something controversial like, "Oshie will not be elevated to Saint status." without being call names, insulted, and having my support of UND, the players, or the team questioned. Maybe there is a separate issue with the Sioux self-righteous on this board...

I was noticing the same thing. There seems to be an underlying current by some on this site that anything said not in total support of a player, coach or team is blasphemy ;) . I'll try in the future to post only uplifting and inspirational topics...i.e. puppies, sunsets, fields of wild flowers... :huh:

There seems to be an underlying current by some on this site that anything said not in total support of a player, coach or team is blasphemy :D . I'll try in the future to post only uplifting and inspirational topics...i.e. puppies, sunsets, fields of wild flowers... ;)
I think this is a good discussion to have. My thought on this topic are here.

I was noticing the same thing. There seems to be an underlying current by some on this site that anything said not in total support of a player, coach or team is blasphemy ;) . I'll try in the future to post only uplifting and inspirational topics...i.e. puppies, sunsets, fields of wild flowers... :huh:

I only got upset that Siouxnami implied that TJ shouldn't be canonized. We can't control what they do in the league office or Vatican.

Seriously I think that there's a point where it's OK to discuss the performance and a point where you shouldn't.

If a player isn't performing up to his potential I think that's ok to talk about. If a player isn't playing smart then that's OK to point out.

On the other hand if a guy's giving you his all then he shouldn't be criticized; but you might still say another player deserves his place on the roster.

When it comes to off ice missteps I think it's ok to talk about, but we should remember what we were doing when we were that age.

One thing I don't like is when we're talking about something like "who to play" and someone chimes in that "Hak knows more than you do." Well yeah, but this a fan site and you talk about those things. Besides I think there's more work to be done with our lines and he's still changing them.

Anyway that's my two cents of where the line should be drawn.

I think this is a good discussion to have. My thought on this topic are here.

This thread's initial post seems to suggest that if you are not in total support of all things Sioux sports, you are a "bad apple" and need to be voted off the island. To even suggest that is irrational at best. It seem though, as I previously mentioned, that this is the mentality by some that is causing the rift among some posters and unfortunately driving some posters away :huh: .

You might not be a chef/cook, but if you go to out for dinner and the food is not good, you should have a right to comment on the food.

If you are not a doctor, but you feel that your care was less than what you expected from your doctor, you have a right to voice your concern.

If you have never played hockey before, but are a knowledgable fan and you feel a player is not playing up to his potential, you should have the right to comment on that.

Here's a previous post and then I'll comment on Sicatoka:

"I'd also say it's the other way around. Oshie owes you. I'll say that again. Oshie owes YOU.

YOU are the ones who buy the tickets, YOU pay for his tuition, YOU pay for his equipment, and YOU cheer your guts out for him every weekend, making it possibile to develop his hockey talents so he can bring honor to your school and state and even hit the big NHL payday someday. Oshie represents YOU, the fans of North Dakota, every time he skates out on the ice as an ambassador of your school and your state, and off the ice as well. Oshie owes it to YOU to act in an exemplary way. It's right there in the scholarship agreement he signed...

If he goes out and gets arrested twice, he's not thinking about you. He's thinking about him. And that's the difference, folks. He's no longer a kid. You might think you owe him your support, but he's the one that owes you, especially now. You need to be demanding of your student athletes, because without YOU, there is no high profile hockey team. TJ Oshie is a fine hockey player, but you have every right to question his chacracter and judgment..."

First off, Oshie doesn't owe any on this board a thing. YOU don't pay for his scholarship (the Fighting Sioux boosters and other avenues do). YOU cheer for him only when the Sioux are winning or he knocks someone on his ass. YOU haven't made it possible for him to develop his talents. YOU aren't the reason he plays every shift like it's his last. YOU aren't the reason he was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in 2005 and potentially will sign. YOU need to know the facts, he was never arrested for the Judy's incident .. a citation was all he received. YOU are not who he is thinking about when he orders a Subway sandwich or Red Pepper grinder. YOU, yes YOU, are not the reason he's played hurt the last two seasons.

He does all that for his team, his teammates, his coaches and all the MEN who played at the University of North Dakota before him. He does all that for that SWEATER .. that JERSEY. The blood, sweat and tears. He does that for all the coaches and mentors he's had since his days in Seattle where no one gave the kid a chance. He does the things he does because it is his destiny.

YOU people need to stop treating this kid like he's a murderer.

YOU people should disclose all your real names on this board so we can check out your credentials.

This kid has given so much to YOU people YOU have no idea. And to treat him the way you have on this board is so typical of hockey fans. Throw a kid out in the street when times are tough .... Boy, we love this kid when he guides us to a National Championship!!!!

And when people try to support HIM, you crucify them on this board. Shame on you people. You forget this kid has a Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles. You forget this kid is a human being.

I'm done posting on this worthless Forum. You people make me SICK.

Here's a previous post and then I'll comment on Sicatoka:

"I'd also say it's the other way around. Oshie owes you. I'll say that again. Oshie owes YOU.

YOU are the ones who buy the tickets, YOU pay for his tuition, YOU pay for his equipment, and YOU cheer your guts out for him every weekend, making it possibile to develop his hockey talents so he can bring honor to your school and state and even hit the big NHL payday someday. Oshie represents YOU, the fans of North Dakota, every time he skates out on the ice as an ambassador of your school and your state, and off the ice as well. Oshie owes it to YOU to act in an exemplary way. It's right there in the scholarship agreement he signed...

If he goes out and gets arrested twice, he's not thinking about you. He's thinking about him. And that's the difference, folks. He's no longer a kid. You might think you owe him your support, but he's the one that owes you, especially now. You need to be demanding of your student athletes, because without YOU, there is no high profile hockey team. TJ Oshie is a fine hockey player, but you have every right to question his chacracter and judgment..."

First off, Oshie doesn't owe any on this board a thing. YOU don't pay for his scholarship (the Fighting Sioux boosters and other avenues do). YOU cheer for him only when the Sioux are winning or he knocks someone on his ass. YOU haven't made it possible for him to develop his talents. YOU aren't the reason he plays every shift like it's his last. YOU aren't the reason he was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in 2005 and potentially will sign. YOU need to know the facts, he was never arrested for the Judy's incident .. a citation was all he received. YOU are not who he is thinking about when he orders a Subway sandwich or Red Pepper grinder. YOU, yes YOU, are not the reason he's played hurt the last two seasons.

He does all that for his team, his teammates, his coaches and all the MEN who played at the University of North Dakota before him. He does all that for that SWEATER .. that JERSEY. The blood, sweat and tears. He does that for all the coaches and mentors he's had since his days in Seattle where no one gave the kid a chance. He does the things he does because it is his destiny.

YOU people need to stop treating this kid like he's a murderer.

YOU people should disclose all your real names on this board so we can check out your credentials.

This kid has given so much to YOU people YOU have no idea. And to treat him the way you have on this board is so typical of hockey fans. Throw a kid out in the street when times are tough .... Boy, we love this kid when he guides us to a National Championship!!!!

And when people try to support HIM, you crucify them on this board. Shame on you people. You forget this kid has a Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles. You forget this kid is a human being.

I'm done posting on this worthless Forum. You people make me SICK.

My case in point...

Me, I feel kinda bad for HockeyDude. He is obviously a huge fan of TJ's and takes some of what is said here very personally.

I quit ripping on college kid's behavior about three years after I graduated from college, and that includes kids from other teams. I think Millen and Snuggerud were the last...felt I was getting too old for that stuff. I save it for coaches and referees and fans now. And ONLY when they deserve it. Not that I 'm telling you all to follow in my tracks, I'm just saying it works for me.

God knows I can't cast stones when it comes to college antics. TJ's transgressions (for which he was caught anyway) pale in comparison to what I got away with.

And I will happily provide my hockey creds to HD or anyone who wants them. Not much there. I reached my level of hockey competence as a door opener for the squirts, who called me "coach" for doing that.

God Bless all the Sioux players and coaches and the fans that love 'em. (and no one else :D )

YOU first.

I'll gladly follow.

Would the "we" possibly mean you are the forum owner (don't think so, though), or TJ's Dad/family.

Sorry you are done here on this "worthless forum". You won't be able to follow up on your request.