SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

I believe that it is a positive sign that Forney is still with the team. It tells me that Hakstol believes there is potential for him. I've seen Forney play this year, including at Michigan Tech. While he did not play badly, it appeared to me that he was not fully back physically. He appeared to have balance issues at times and looked a little out of place when that would happen. Hopefully he does stick it out and it all falls into place for him.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that it is a positive sign that Forney is still with the team. It tells me that Hakstol believes there is potential for him. I've seen Forney play this year, including at Michigan Tech. While he did not play badly, it appeared to me that he was not fully back physically. He appeared to have balance issues at times and looked a little out of place when that would happen. Hopefully he does stick it out and it all falls into place for him.

I was at the mtu games as well and thought maybe most of his issues were in his conditioning. it's hard to get into game shape when you don't get icetime. obviously, he's got talent so let's hope he can get into a role and contribute to the team. there's still plenty of season left to find a spot in the lineup.

I was at the MTU series as well, and did look out of sorts...tired easily and wasn't at the same speed mentally as everyone else on the ice. But, when he played against UNH, I thought he looked fast and like he'd been playing awhile. His only downside was he missed a tap-in one timer, but you can't really fault him for that. It was one of our best looking scoring oppurtunities on that line all year.

I was at the MTU series as well, and did look out of sorts...tired easily and wasn't at the same speed mentally as everyone else on the ice. But, when he played against UNH, I thought he looked fast and like he'd been playing awhile. His only downside was he missed a tap-in one timer, but you can't really fault him for that. It was one of our best looking scoring oppurtunities on that line all year.

Did not go to MTU, but agree Forney had some jump vs. UNH. Having seen Miller play and Forney recently, I'd take Forney. By the way, it is nice to see Zajac playing better. I like him with Martens and Radke although Genoway would be a better fit in that line instead of Radke if you were looking for offense.

I was at the mtu games as well and thought maybe most of his issues were in his conditioning. it's hard to get into game shape when you don't get icetime. obviously, he's got talent so let's hope he can get into a role and contribute to the team. there's still plenty of season left to find a spot in the lineup.

I would like to see what Forney has if he could get 6-10 games in a row to play.

Agreed.

Second. If he is not still battling injuries, I think he could make leaps after a few games played consecutively. Look at some of the progress our frosh have made as they have seen more ice time.

Miller seems to give us hope after a road series on a big sheet, and then he comes home and the time and space isn't there for him on UND's NHL-sized rink and nothing good comes of it. I hope I'm wrong this time, but I still have flashbacks to him looking almost "deer in the headlights" when pressured on the second powerplay unit during a recent home series.

Forney just needs to get healthy and into the line-up consistently. Good things will flow from there for him.

Our FEARless Leader will return (he said he may be busy this week too)

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=71692&page=44

If you click the little post number in the upper-right, you can get a link directly into the desired post (instead of just the thread).

While copying other people's posts from another board isn't cool, if someone wanted to start a "coach's show" thread each week and post the link to the post, I bet that would be appreciated by some ;)

Miller seems to give us hope after a road series on a big sheet, and then he comes home and the time and space isn't there for him on UND's NHL-sized rink and nothing good comes of it. I hope I'm wrong this time, but I still have flashbacks to him looking almost "deer in the headlights" when pressured on the second powerplay unit during a recent home series.

Forney just needs to get healthy and into the line-up consistently. Good things will flow from there for him.

Do we know Forney isn't healthy, or just unworthy?

Do we know Forney isn't healthy, or just unworthy?

i would say pretty much healthy but that doesnt mean you dont lose a step or some strength or ability to gain strength which im sure he was planning on doing since getting to gorad forks, tough doing that after surgeries right away. hope we see michael get in the games every night next season and beyond

The third player on the Dunc/Oshie line is definately a tough one. I'm not sure about Miller. He has shown some strong moves but he has also been a little weak. In the end it's about chemistry and maybe they will have it. I don't think VV did it with Oshie/Dunk (ODUNK). He seems to like to go to the net with it on his own and he shoots and plays the rebound game. That is not what ODUNK need, they need a line mate that anticipates their motion and does things like the drop back and give back stuff and TIC-TAC-TOE style plays.

Maybe Miller will work that well with them.

I also keep wondering if Trupp would do well with them if he continues to get more comfortable?

If you click the little post number in the upper-right, you can get a link directly into the desired post (instead of just the thread).

While copying other people's posts from another board isn't cool, if someone wanted to start a "coach's show" thread each week and post the link to the post, I bet that would be appreciated by some

Jim would you prefer I of copy & pasted it & or no links at all ? (I have always liked links) ;)

I have never seen or used that post # before :D

I also keep wondering if Trupp would do well with them if he continues to get more comfortable?

Trupp on that line is an idea that keeps drifting through my mind as well. He seems to make things happen on most every shift, and most of all he wins the puck pretty often. The reason I don't like Miller there is he doesn't win the puck along the boards very often, then possession is lost, and the big line's shift is essentially over.

Jim would you prefer I of copy & pasted it & or no links at all ? (I have always liked links) ;)

I have never seen or used that post # before :D

Sorry I wasn't clear -- linking to interesting text someone else wrote is good, copying and pasting the text someone else wrote is bad.

Trupp on that line is an idea that keeps drifting through my mind as well. He seems to make things happen on most every shift, and most of all he wins the puck pretty often. The reason I don't like Miller there is he doesn't win the puck along the boards very often, then possession is lost, and the big line's shift is essentially over.

I have had the feeling all year that Hak has been planning to go to Trupp in the end on that line and that he just wanted Trupp, being a freshmen, to develope some level of comfort and success. I think he has. I agree with you, i would argue that the last two weekends he had been the most consistent offensive threat on the team as far as making plays and taking shots. Just like everyone else except Duncan he needs to FINISH a litlle better.

I have had the feeling all year that Hak has been planning to go to Trupp in the end on that line and that he just wanted Trupp, being a freshmen, to develope some level of comfort and success. I think he has. I agree with you, i would argue that the last two weekends he had been the most consistent offensive threat on the team as far as making plays and taking shots. Just like everyone else except Duncan he needs to FINISH a litlle better.

I am wondering when they are going to put Trupp with Oshie and Duncan for a weekend and see what he can do?

That could be a good line.

Any chance JPL gets a rest this weekend? Maybe Sat.? Or does Walski's time come vs. UAA? According to some of Hak's past comments it sounds like JPL is battling some mental fatigue.

I don't see Lammy sitting this weekend.

Maybe Walski plays a game against MSUM or UAA. It would be cool to see what he can do against a WCHA opponent. Especially being that he will be vying for the starting position next year with Eidsness.

Maybe it's been discussed earlier in this thread, but does anyone know Teslak's status for this weekend? I didn't realize that he'd missed 5 games until I read it in the Herald this morning.

He is questionable for this weekend, but he did make the trip with the team.

My guess is that they go with Nolan tonight and then decide on Saturday for the Saturday game.