SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

You're right that a dive or two did not decide the game. I am touching on the deeper issue that this team needs to work on its mental toughness. Mental toughness and composure go hand in hand, add confidence and talent to that mix and you play like a champion. We showed none of those attributes tonight.

As for goalies, yeah I've heard it since peewees too, I can't say if true or not. I am more likely to understand the inner thoughts and feelings of a woman than I am a goaltender :lol:

Momentum also killed us tonight. The crowd was out of the game after that goal in the third. As soon as SCSU started scoring, the crowd got into it, and the floodgates opened.

In those situations, we need an on ice leader to calm things down and get guys going again. I think we press too hard when we feel the moe shifting.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team isn't clutching their sticks a little tight right now. They are clutching their throats.

o.k. now is the time of year when we start the bus to denver talk---

are you on the bandwagon --------- or off well what is it?------------

i am a fan of this team not just when things are going great--------

there is always bumps in the road and with each bump a few fans--------------------------- fall off the wagon-----------------------------

well when we get to where we are going (denver) i am sure you all -------------------------will be getting back on-----------------------

but for now remeber last year or the year before or how about columbus? history repeats itself over and over again

for all you hardcore sioux fans it's going to be one hell of a ride :lol:

GO SIOUX oops i shouted-- go sioux!!

p.s. triouxp you have the map this year sappy is fired!!

there is always bumps in the road and with each bump a few fans--------------------------- fall off the wagon-----------------------------

well when we get to where we are going (denver) i am sure you all -------------------------will be getting back on-----------------------

but for now remeber last year or the year before or how about columbus? history repeats itself over and over again

Don't talk in CAPS, that way you won't sound like an idiot.

It was a great WCHA game, and atmosphere, to start the Drive To Denver. A tough loss to be sure, and a disappointing third period, but a great game. The Sioux played damned well in many respects, and certainly had some chances to bury a few pucks laying around the crease. Dan Dunn played well and stepped up. Lammy not so well and did not step up. End of story. End of game.

I thought that Duncan looked particularly impressive on the ice. He controlled the puck well, and presented a number of fine opportunities for rebounds or shots. I was a bit surprised to not see LaPoint in uniform. At least I do not recall seeing him on the ice.

I am a bit concerned that Lammy may simply be wearing down and tiring out. Someone with more knowledge than me suggested that he might be a bit lackadaisical because he knows the job is his and therefore he is not being pushed. The defense, rock solid for two periods, seemed to fall down in the third. It was no where to be seen on Clown's final goal.

The Clown fans did have their fun. They are good fans, and Clown has a talented and veteran squad. There is no shame in losing to them, as they are fighting for a top five finish as well. It's the WCHA. Come prepared to do battle for sixty minutes every night, through the final whistle, or be prepared to come out empty handed. No matter who you are or what your pedigree is.

The loss is probably my fault. I think that I wore the wrong jersey, did not wear a hat, and disrupted several other of my pre-game rituals.

My apologies to all. Tonight will be different, and the Sioux will win.

From a hockey fundamental's perspective when you have the advantage in the defensive zone in an odd-man situation you play the body, when you are disadvantage you play to cut off the pass.

To Chorney's credit, I do believe that he was at the end of a long shift and probably out of gas. However, he needed to put Mr Lasch on his arse.

other positives:

Genoway played sound fundamental D. I thought the Martens, Zajac and Radke line did their job well. Solid performances from Watkins and Kozek. Best game of the year for CHorney IMO.

big negatives:

Phil played his worst game of the year...

SCSU does a good job at forcing the play outside. We needed to stop the attempts at cycling and going to the outside, and simply cutting in and letting shots go. Going wide and then working three guys deep is not going to score goals.

Radke and Martens did a great job backchecking Oustland on the winning goal didn't they, oh wait they were trailing the play and gave up the odd man rush when the game was tied. The first goal was on Phil the rest bad D.

Don't talk in CAPS, that way you won't sound like an idiot.

Those weren't CAPS, it's an increased font. Not sure the fascination with it, but whatever.

The team played two good periods of hockey last night and let them get away from them. Need to rebound tonight. I guess our record on the road has been to lose Friday, win Saturday (opposite of home), so tonight should be a good night for fans!!!

Im strictly final five talk for now. Our team is way to inconsistent to even think about the frozen four. yeah yeah sioux me :lol: But its the facts at this point and time. Every other team out there has good players, as do we, but right now the players we have are just falling short. Im not saying we are doomed, but do you honestly think that if something doesnt do a complete 180, and soon, that we can actually go to the frozen four? I think Ill try make the top 3 in the WCHA first then go from there. Sioux win by 5 tonight or the seasons at a loss :lol:

The loss is probably my fault. I think that I wore the wrong jersey, did not wear a hat, and disrupted several other of my pre-game rituals.

My apologies to all. Tonight will be different, and the Sioux will win.

NDH, get you stuff together. This is not the time of the year to be getting sloppy. Also, with your hairline you should ALWAYS wear a hat. Quit dialing it in. The run to Denver begins tonight.

Wasn't that third goal a two line pass to the guy streaking down the middle? I thought it was a great play by SCSU rather than a breakdown by UND.

I was very happy with the overall play of the Sioux compared to when I saw them against the Gophers. They were aggressive, stole a lot of pucks in the neutral zone and at the SCSU blueline when SCSU was trying to get out (one by Martens sticks out to me), the D was jumping into the offensive play a lot... overall, much better. After the goal by Lasch, UND went right back to work. Malone was aggressive out there, good to see him on the ice. If whoever it was would have burried that half open net chance when it was 2-2, Sioux win.... half the Sioux fans there were already off their seats to celebrate on that one.... I still don't know how it didn't go.

there were a few huskies idiots sitting in front of some Sioux fans in 201 (wearing finley and Brandt jerseys in case u know them)they were dumping popcorn on a Sioux fan. "finley" looked pretty pissed, these husky fans were complete asses.

:lol::lol:

Are the jerseys OK?

Everything must have turned out fine............I didn't get a call to bail anyone out. :lol:

Wasn't that third goal a two line pass to the guy streaking down the middle? I thought it was a great play by SCSU rather than a breakdown by UND.

I was very happy with the overall play of the Sioux compared to when I saw them against the Gophers. They were aggressive, stole a lot of pucks in the neutral zone and at the SCSU blueline when SCSU was trying to get out (one by Martens sticks out to me), the D was jumping into the offensive play a lot... overall, much better. After the goal by Lasch, UND went right back to work. Malone was aggressive out there, good to see him on the ice. If whoever it was would have burried that half open net chance when it was 2-2, Sioux win.... half the Sioux fans there were already off their seats to celebrate on that one.... I still don't know how it didn't go.

I thought that SCSU were playing "dope-a-rope" in our offensive end on that the play that they made the third goal on; it kept 3 of our players in our offensive end, and with the long pass, it gave them a 3 on 2. If that was their original intent, they were lucky that it worked out for them, but seems that would normally be too risky to try any other time.

Sioux will make them pay tonight!!

SCSU does a good job at forcing the play outside. We needed to stop the attempts at cycling and going to the outside, and simply cutting in and letting shots go. Going wide and then working three guys deep is not going to score goals.

Excellent observation Y. Friday was not the first night this has happened to the Sioux. Time to stop trying for the highlight goals. Time to get ugly.

I agree with da Taz. I'm not worried at all. I think with all the pressure of pre-season expectations, the Sioux are clutching their sticks a little tight right now. They just need to have some fun. Hell, it's only a game.

I'm not so sure you do agree with me. I'm disappointed, and expressing my angst through the majesty of sarcasm. But, you're right, it is only just a game. Can't get too worked up about this.

Get 2pts tonight and then go on a terror, Sioux.

taz

Is just getting to Denver going to be satisfactory to you? Nothin less than hangin a banner will be considered a successful season for this squad. Until we figure some things out, that will never be acheived!

:lol::lol:

Are the jerseys OK?

Everything must have turned out fine............I didn't get a call to bail anyone out. :lol:

those were your boys? They were well behaved considering the circumstances, they pretty much rolled their eyes at the SCSu drunks. Sweet jerseys, game worn? The guy in the finley could pass for kaips brother. The SCSu clowns dumped popcorn on another guy, not your boys. I almost videotaped it for youtube...now I should have.

those were your boys? They were well behaved considering the circumstances, they pretty much rolled their eyes at the SCSu drunks. Sweet jerseys, game worn? The guy in the finley could pass for kaips brother. The SCSu clowns dumped popcorn on another guy, not your boys. I almost videotaped it for youtube...now I should have.

Yeah, those are my gameworns. My son was the one in the Finley jersey. Glad to hear they were behaving.

Remember kids...............parents really do have eyes in the back of their heads. Not only that, but we seem to know what you do, no matter where you are! A video would have been good! :D

The team has improved much recently, unfortunatly they have not gotten the wins they probably should have the last two games.

There are two areas of concern though.

First, like a preivious poster stated, Lammy has looked a little soft in the third the last two games and letting that rap around in after we had secured a two goal lead in the third was a big screw-up. Maybe he should take a night off, stir things up a little.

Second, the Sioux seem to be missing on alot of choice opportunities. Goalie out of position, wide open nets, open shots... I don't know what the deal is with this but it has been going on for two years in the first half of each season at least. They need to maybe relax a little, maybe they are two jacked up, i dono. Maybe we just don't have any pure goal scores (with exeption to Duncan and heck i throw in Bina cause he is good with his shot).

it was funny listening to CSTV channel which i believe they just borrowed the scsu crew as they WOULDNT say SIOUX, it was all north dakota hockey, or und hockey or ect...............NO SIOUX and the logo they used intenionally was the ND logo on purpose, fukn clowns. anyways..a couple times the announcer was going to say sioux then he would pause and change it right in time

THE OSHIE STRIKES BACK tonight in a big way and we grab the 2 points

it was funny listening to CSTV channel which i believe they just borrowed the scsu crew as they WOULDNT say SIOUX, it was all north dakota hockey, or und hockey or ect...............NO SIOUX and the logo they used intenionally was the ND logo on purpose, fukn clowns. anyways..a couple times the announcer was going to say sioux then he would pause and change it right in time

The Sioux weren't mentioned last night I noticed that as well...

They can't say Sioux, but I am sure they all went to there "Third Reich" party following the game. THat is such a joke. I am wondering if anyone had any problems with the protesters outside. A few years ago I saw a SCSU student call a 60 year old lady a racist and push her to the ground for having a Sioux jersey on. Want to talk about someone who needs an ass kicking.

My son didn't see any protestors, but they were there somewhere, some other friends of his saw them.

Oh, the protesters were out all right, in full force. Why not? It was a mild night. They were long gone by game end.

They congregate outside the entrance that is on the bench side of the building in the end where the Sioux shoot twice. Entrance facing the parking lots. They were there with signs, including a swastika, videocameras, ignorance, and hate. Quite comical and sad really.

We walked through them intentionally, and will do so again tonight. A good lessson for my high schoolers to see how riduculous and small minded people act when filled with wild-eyed emotions based on half-truths at best.

They oughta be picketing the actions, conduct, and history of their own school's administration and policies.

'Nuf said. Go Sioux.

They can't say Sioux, but I am sure they all went to there "Third Reich" party following the game. THat is such a joke. I am wondering if anyone had any problems with the protesters outside. A few years ago I saw a SCSU student call a 60 year old lady a racist and push her to the ground for having a Sioux jersey on. Want to talk about someone who needs an ass kicking.

Whatever. :lol: Do you know how fast that would have hit the news down here? I bet it was Saigo too.