SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

Last time I checked, Dave Hakstol was still coaching this team. I'm sure he's more informed than all of us. It seems to me he has dealt with it as he has seen fit. For those of you who think this is the end of the world, again, I say get a life. Pretty sad that something like this is all you have to worry about. (Go to the land of Budweiser TJ, give us all something to piss and moan about.)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much good can happen outside a downtown bar at 2am in the morning.

the point was that disorderly conduct could be any number of things with some of them not being bad at all. He doesn't need to sign with the Blues or do anything except accept his punishment and apologize. He is 21 and made a mistake...big deal. Yes, being 21 makes him a man,but how many of you can say that you NEVER made a mistake in college?

the point was that disorderly conduct could be any number of things with some of them not being bad at all. He doesn't need to sign with the Blues or do anything except accept his punishment and apologize. He is 21 and made a mistake...big deal. Yes, being 21 makes him a man,but how many of you can say that you NEVER made a mistake in college?

im 21 years old and ive never gotten in any trouble whatsoever with the law. the point is, if you act responsibly, things like this wont happen PLAIN AND SIMPLE. yeah there have been times ive been so drunk i didnt know exactly what i was doing, but i at least had the common sense to do that behind closed doors. you have to be responsible in how you act to avoid altercations with anyone, including police. that includes...not getting in fights, not pissing in public, and not doing other stupid acts to draw attention to you in public. the only reason im being so harsh is because hes been in trouble for drinking at a bar when hes not 21 and the whole fricken town of grand forks knows who he is and how old he is. thats real smart, cmon.

im 21 years old and ive never gotten in any trouble whatsoever with the law. the point is, if you act responsibly, things like this wont happen PLAIN AND SIMPLE. yeah there have been times ive been so drunk i didnt know exactly what i was doing, but i at least had the common sense to do that behind closed doors. you have to be responsible in how you act to avoid altercations with anyone, including police. that includes...not getting in fights, not pissing in public, and not doing other stupid acts to draw attention to you in public. the only reason im being so harsh is because hes been in trouble for drinking at a bar when hes not 21 and the whole fricken town of grand forks knows who he is and how old he is. thats real smart, cmon.

I am 22 and haven't ever gotten in trouble with the law either... I have still made mistakes in my life and just because he plays for us doesn't mean that he should get a worse punishment for making a mistake which 99.9% of people will do in their college career. I am sure that TJ feels bad about what happened and he realizes that he made a mistake....two mistakes in 11 months is bad, but so getting caught drinking and driving twice in six months when you aren't even 18 like a girl who I went to high school with.

I am 22 and haven't ever gotten in trouble with the law either... I have still made mistakes in my life and just because he plays for us doesn't mean that he should get a worse punishment for making a mistake which 99.9% of people will do in their college career. I am sure that TJ feels bad about what happened and he realizes that he made a mistake....two mistakes in 11 months is bad, but so getting caught drinking and driving twice in six months when you aren't even 18 like a girl who I went to high school with.

Im not sure how he is getting a worse punishment than a normal joe would??? He was on probation from a previous arrest, and now hes arrested again. the reason its a big deal is because hes looked up to by so many, and in such high regards in grand forks. thats the price you pay for being in the spot light. it can be great and it can suck if you screw up. so deal with it.

On the topic of why a UNH player was out partying in downtown Grand Forks, I heard a story that back in the day, Dave Spehar showed up at a frat party on the UND campus after a game. I also heard that he got the snot beat out of him. Did anyone else ever hear this? Personally, I am surprised that opposing coaches don't keep a better tab on players i.e. make them stay in the hotel.

that's the problem.

So should the news not assume then as well since all they did was report the facts? You say weak arrest but is it really? He's already on probation and he knows he's already on thin ice there in GF. So why risk getting into anymore trouble by even getting into an argument that could lead to conflict? He's freakin TJ Oshie, you would figure he knows he already has a big enough bullseye on his chest already. I think Jim Carrey said it best on LIAR LIAR, "QUIT BREAKIN THE LAW!"

im hoping he has more character than that okposo guy

Lack of judgement is sometimes a reflection on someone's character, but I don't think that is the case here. TJ will face the consequences, but he won't bail on his team for a mistake he made. And being out at 2 am in questionable circumstances will make anyone a marked man!

I don't think that he didn't serve something because of the probation....It is just something that you get so that you are watched a little bit closer than before.

Probation is something you get in lieu of serving time. It's not something that means you just get watched a little closer. In many cases, when you break the law while on probation, the court requires that you serve the original sentence that was suspended in lieu of probation.

I don't know anything about about TJ's case, I'm just responding to siouxforeverbaby's post.