SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

eh, we don't need him. :lol:

You know, I could more easily blow this off if there hadn't been the Judy's incident last year. The team certainly doesn't need this sort of distraction, and as a leader Oshie needs to not be putting himself into situations like this.

I don't know what he did so will reserve any more judgement until/if we hear more.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another instance of the team leaders not leading by example. This "rock-star" attitude that some of these players have has me disgusted lately. Frankly, I thought the coaching staff would have taken care of this by now. As I'm aware of the "rule violation" in question, I have to say GROW UP!

My 8 year old doing this sort of thing would not be acceptable at all, and to see a high profile member of the Sioux Hockey team do this crap is sickening... and really makes me question the maturity and integrity of this team.

I expect a similar release from the UNH camp.

i totally agree with you. there is a good number of these guys on this team that wont even talk with "normal" people like you and me. oshie being one of them. they all think that since theyre drafted they really are better than anyone else. ive noticed it before this year, but this year its really been bad.

now lets ask a question...should oshie be wearing a C?? yeah hes a good player and all, but some might argue that he is quite an ass off ice and likes to party a little too hardy.

TJ is one of the nicest guys I have ever met..so I have never seen this rock star attitude that some of you are talking about. He is also one of two guys (Ryan Duncan being the other) who stayed for almost 45 minutes after they had to be to sign autographes during Fan Fest. They could have gotten up and said, "I'm sorry folks, but I don't have to be here anymore so I am leaving" but they didn't.

TJ will continue wearing the A is my guess because it is disorderly conduct which could be multiple things and let us not forget that Matt Greene got a DUI and still kept his C.

I'm sure he did look a little rough because the area where he was arrested is downtown around all of the bars...oddly enough right outside a law office as much as I can find out.

I don't think we know the entire story and we shouldn't pass judgement unless we do. As for the news, anyone remember last year and the big deal that they made out of Robbie's arrest during the Judy's incident and how did that turn out?

It sucks that we won't have him on Friday because he brings a lot to our team, more than any of us probably realize. However, this is a chance for the other guys to step up and show people who say that we can't win without him that we can.

I don't think that he didn't serve something because of the probation....It is just something that you get so that you are watched a little bit closer than before.

TJ was on probation according to the Herald link. This incident could result in suspending that probation and his having to serve whatever he didn't have to because of the suspension. I don't remember what that was.

Not good. :lol:

wouldn't that be something-the main reason the kid comes back to is to finish some"unfinished business" and then his off ice behavior turns out to be a major contributing factor to this team not finishing that business.

TJ was on probation according to the Herald link. This incident could result in suspending that probation and his having to serve whatever he didn't have to because of the suspension. I don't remember what that was.

Not good. :lol:

i believe it ended when he turned 21.

yeah, thats it.........he just wanted to party, like other former sioux players or current dont party :lol: sometimes you do dumb sht and get in trouble, most of the times you dont get into trouble.....not saying its right, just making a obvious point....just sucks when you do and when you are in the spotlight and i understand thats the point here..........

College students don't get away with the same stuff we used to get away with; if you're a high profile athlete you should know that and avoid it. Not throwing the team under the bus, just disappointed that a Captain would not stay away from this.

College students don't get away with the same stuff we used to get away with; if you're a high profile athlete you should know that and avoid it. Not throwing the team under the bus, just disappointed that a Captain would not stay away from this.

exactly. give the letter to someone else, and maybe light his fire a little bit.

I wonder if Hak takes his letter away?

i believe he should. regardless if greene didnt lose his a few years back. we need something to kick start this team/him. get rid of his letter and hold it until he earns it back, not giving it to anyone else.

I just saw the story on WDAZ news at 5. :lol: Oshie looked pretty rough in his mug shot. I am confused as to why the New Hampshire players were still in town. I always assumed the opposing team left immediately after the Saturday game.

They have to wait to fly out in the morning. First flight on Sunday is 0500 in the morning and the next one is at 1100.

i believe he should. regardless if greene didnt lose his a few years back. we need something to kick start this team/him. get rid of his letter and hold it until he earns it back, not giving it to anyone else.

Kickstart? You do realize he has been playing with an injury don't you?

Kickstart? You do realize he has been playing with an injury don't you?

i fully realize that. but hes played over half the games this season healthy. he also played half the season last year hurt, and he was still providing assists. my point is, is that hak needs to do something out of the ordinary or something to fire this squad up and keep them motivated. i dont think anyone would argue with that.

Oshie playing with an injury and this team needing a "kickstart" are not mutually exclusive. The other poster is right; this team needs a kickstart. For putting himself in a situation where he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, maybe Oshie needs one as well. That in no way implies that he hasn't been giving 100% on the ice. There's more to being a Fighting Sioux than what happens on the ice.