SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, thanks. So what TJ's probation meant was that

...if the defendant fulfills the conditions of probation the guilty plea will be withdrawn, or the guilty verdict set aside, the case dismissed, and the file sealed.
http://www.court.state.nd.us/court/rules/c...al/rule32.1.htm

So, if this is correct and the judge follows this rule, TJ will have a misdemeanor criminal record as a result of this arrest while on probation.

First off, all you folks who are bashing TJ Oshie .... SHUT UP! Secondly, this is his problem and nobody elses. Let it go. He's a 21-year old man that has faced adversity much of his life and always pulls through.

The details of this incident will surface soon enough.

You people are the same ones who are praising him when we make the Frozen Four the past two years and he plays through extremely horrendous injuries of which the general public has no idea. He wears that jersey w/ pride, passion and determination. You praise him when he exceeds all your expectations and now when he needs the support everyone bashes him.

You are all nothing but fair weather fans. Get off your high horses and stick by kids like TJ Oshie.

Oh, and why didn't he sign w/ the St. Louis Blues?

Because he loves this university, he loves this community, he loves his teammates and coaches. Should he have left last summer?

Almost everyone in their right mind said YES.

But he came back to capture something this university has only done 7 times in the 61 years of a hockey program. He came back because of brotherhood, camaraderie, and helping this team win a National Championship. Nothing more, nothing less.

You find out the character of people in times of distress or adversity. Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon. This kid won't bolt because he has integrity and his word IS AS SOLID AS OAK!

Take a good hard look at everyone on this board and tell me, honestly, you've never did something you might regret if you got caught. I can only imagine the stories which would fill up a sermon on Sunday's.

Stick with these kids and support them through thick and thin. You should feel blessed that kids like TJ Oshie don't come around very often.

To all haters out there who thinks this doesn't hurt his soul ... shame on you.

Accordig to TJ's facebook he is claiming that he is "taking the steps next time and that WDAZ is gay". I'm not perfect and I have made a few mistakes also, but when you are high profile like TJ is, I think you need to think things through more....

WOW. You're a creeper huh? Or did you add him as a "friend" so you could report back to Sioux Sports. Grow up and quit playing "junior reporter".

First off, all you folks who are bashing TJ Oshie .... SHUT UP! Secondly, this is his problem and nobody elses. Let it go. He's a 21-year old man that has faced adversity much of his life and always pulls through.

The details of this incident will surface soon enough.

You people are the same ones who are praising him when we make the Frozen Four the past two years and he plays through extremely horrendous injuries of which the general public has no idea. He wears that jersey w/ pride, passion and determination. You praise him when he exceeds all your expectations and now when he needs the support everyone bashes him.

You are all nothing but fair weather fans. Get off your high horses and stick by kids like TJ Oshie.

Oh, and why didn't he sign w/ the St. Louis Blues?

Because he loves this university, he loves this community, he loves his teammates and coaches. Should he have left last summer?

Almost everyone in their right mind said YES.

But he came back to capture something this university has only done 7 times in the 61 years of a hockey program. He came back because of brotherhood, camaraderie, and helping this team win a National Championship. Nothing more, nothing less.

You find out the character of people in times of distress or adversity. Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon. This kid won't bolt because he has integrity and his word IS AS SOLID AS OAK!

Take a good hard look at everyone on this board and tell me, honestly, you've never did something you might regret if you got caught. I can only imagine the stories which would fill up a sermon on Sunday's.

Stick with these kids and support them through thick and thin. You should feel blessed that kids like TJ Oshie don't come around very often.

To all haters out there who thinks this doesn't hurt his soul ... shame on you.

Great Post. I couldn't agree more.

Accordig to TJ's facebook he is claiming that he is "taking the steps next time and that WDAZ is gay". I'm not perfect and I have made a few mistakes also, but when you are high profile like TJ is, I think you need to think things through more....

I would read this cautiously. It may not be TJ posting this. I know for a fact that someone (and yes I know who she is) has used his MySpace account to 'creep' into the private MySpace accounts of his 'friends'. More than one person has deleted him as a 'friend' because of this.

I still love Oshie, and will not hold this against him. From what I know about it--its nothing serious and its something probably half of us have done at some point in our lives. I highly doubt it will have any effect of his probation and most likely he will pay a fine and be done with it. If it does have an effect on the probation the city of Grand Forks must have money to burn on criminal court.

Great Post. I couldn't agree more.

Except for these 2 parts.

Don't lump everyone into a fair weather fan category. You can only speak for yourself when it comes to deciding who is a fan and who isn't.

And..........I'd feel much more blessed if kids like TJ came around more often. Not knocking TJ, but we always seem to have someone on the team that is a gifted player, and for that, I feel blessed.

Except for these 2 parts.

Don't lump everyone into a fair weather fan category. You can only speak for yourself when it comes to deciding who is a fan and who isn't.

And..........I'd feel much more blessed if kids like TJ came around more often. Not knocking TJ, but we always seem to have someone on the team that is a gifted player, and for that, I feel blessed.

point taken. Thanks

I would read this cautiously. It may not be TJ posting this. I know for a fact that someone (and yes I know who she is) has used his MySpace account to 'creep' into the private MySpace accounts of his 'friends'. More than one person has deleted him as a 'friend' because of this.

Well whoever it is, they are right on about the WDAZ part; but then again, thats a point for another thread. O well, no big deal. He will come back on Sat and we will complete the sweep. The Oshie still has my support.

What's your point about wdaz? Are you somehow claiming this is their fault? Please spell it out for us.

No, not at all. I just find them totally unprofessional, lame, and a mockery of journalism. But this really shouldn't be a surprise to me considering GF is also home to the famous Heraldo. I know GF is a small market, but come on.

No, not at all. I just find them totally unprofessional, lame, and a mockery of journalism. But this really shouldn't be a surprise to me considering GF is also home to the famous Heraldo. I know GF is a small market, but come on.

I totally agree. Was it necessary to show their mugshots? No...it wasn't, this isn't Hollywood. Everyone is taking this to an extreme. Disorderly conduct could be anything, and I'm sure most of us are guilty of it some point in our lives...

What's your point about the Heraldo? What the hell did they do? How do they enter into this all of a sudden? It's a good local paper, a lot better than others that I've had the misfortune of being stuck with.

Tj will probably lose all of his endorsement deals after this huh. o...... wait, hes not a professional athlete he is a college hockey player.

Hes not your kids role model as much as you want him to be.

I dont go to the ralph every weekend to watch great citizenship, i go to watch great hockey, and that is what this kid delivers.

Stupid drunken mistakes happen and he is paying for it by having to watch Micheal Forney or Brent Davidson take his roster spot for a night.

The university and coach hak will deal with this how they see fit.

Unless his time in jail made him miss a practice or team function i think there should be no other punishment then the law sentences him to.

Boys will be boys

Tj will probably lose all of his endorsement deals after this huh. o...... wait, hes not a professional athlete he is a college hockey player.

Hes not your kids role model as much as you want him to be.

I dont go to the ralph every weekend to watch great citizenship, i go to watch great hockey, and that is what this kid delivers.

Stupid drunken mistakes happen and he is paying for it by having to watch Micheal Forney or Brent Davidson take his roster spot for a night.

The university and coach hak will deal with this how they see fit.

Unless his time in jail made him miss a practice or team function i think there should be no other punishment then the law sentences him to.

Boys will be boys

Davidson's not making the trip.....

And do you guys not have anything better to do than sit around and trash talk about Osh?? It happened, and nothing can change that no matter what anyone says.

Disorderly conduct is a blanket charge that police hand out nowadays. Anytime anything happens where drinking is involved the police hand it out whether it's deserved or not. A lot of times the charges don't stick when people contest them. Don't jump to conclusions folks this could be another example of the GFPD squeezing some more dimes out of another UND student for the city coffers.

What's your point about the Heraldo? What the hell did they do? How do they enter into this all of a sudden? It's a good local paper, a lot better than others that I've had the misfortune of being stuck with.

While they may be laying low so far on this situation, I think they played a pretty big part in last years incident. I brought them up to make a point that this town is full of shady journalism. They have good sports coverage and some decent reporters, but the majority of columnists and opinion writers leave a lot to be desired. I just get tired of this idea that everyone wants the news to be as exciting as a reality show. Just give me the facts, treat people equally and respectfully, and try not to drool on yourself when you get chosen to give details about a story like this.

disorderly conduct :lol: whats that all entail?

Conduct that is disorderly. :D I am not so sure I would worry all that much about this one game seems about right. The first charge was a minor on premises and that is like a real minor offense and disorderly isn't all that big of a deal either. I think we are making a mole hill out of a mountain.

Edited by Goon

I know about this creep too! :lol:

I got one back in my high school days for pissing in an alley and a cop just happens to pull up. :lol:

this is worse, my 18 year old buddy who used my ID here in az to go to a club was pissing in a bush when leaving a friken cop screeched up on a huffy 10 speed and my buddy gave him my ID not even friken thinking or i guess he was so he wouldnt get a minor but then i get a court summons and go in front of a judge to get the damn thing expunged form my record :lol: guess i could have fought it but that woudl have been too much work and money :D make my buddy pay the fine and move on, bastard

Like I said earlier, pull an okposo and sign with the Blues TJ. At least they will be happy to have you. Then we for sure would here the crying. You people have no goddamn clue.

yup yup, hes a thug and a useless person, send him to the wolves

please...........................sht happens

Just another instance of the team leaders not leading by example. This "rock-star" attitude that some of these players have has me disgusted lately. Frankly, I thought the coaching staff would have taken care of this by now. As I'm aware of the "rule violation" in question, I have to say GROW UP!

My 8 year old doing this sort of thing would not be acceptable at all, and to see a high profile member of the Sioux Hockey team do this crap is sickening... and really makes me question the maturity and integrity of this team.

I expect a similar release from the UNH camp.

Hmmmm.... no wonder we have Saturday night struggles. Apparently the rumorsare true. Not only are you out partying but you are parying with the other team that justbeat you....what a fuckin*g joke...this team obviouslyhasno leadership...as much as I like Oshie, after the incident last year this is a joke. Maybehe will follow Okposo now?

Hmmmm.... no wonder we have Saturday night struggles. Apparently the rumorsare true. Not only are you out partying but you are parying with the other team that justbeat you....what a fuckin*g joke...this team obviouslyhasno leadership...as much as I like Oshie, after the incident last year this is a joke. Maybehe will follow Okposo now?

well if they were out partying it was on a saturday night, which means they had already lost, so to make your point valid they would have to go out on friday night and party and then lose on saturday. its not like oshie and this other guy were out holding hands and partying, they both ended up in an elevator and more than likely words were exchanged and a few fists too (not sure what happened, so i dont want to start any rumors, so dont take my words seriously). but all i know is when i get arrested for a disorderly conduct charge i want my face on the front page of the paper and all over the news because its only fair! :lol: