SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kickstart? You do realize he has been playing with an injury don't you?

He seemed to be playing hurt, but I hadn't heard anything about it. Any idea what the injury was?

On to the topic of the thread - Oshie's a good kid and I haven't seen any "star" attitude from him. My 9 year old nephew's hockey team often practices after the sioux and Osh is always great with those little guys. He makes them all feel like they are friends with him, which is such a blast for them (all the guys are great, but Osh and Vande seem to make special efforts)

That said, he needs to work a little harder at keeping his nose clean. This is his 2nd arrest in less than a year and part of growing up is learning from your mistakes. Apparently the first time didn't make as deep as impression as most of us would have liked to see. I fully support Hak in suspending him. As much as I don't want the Sioux to have to play a night without him, its important to set the bar high.

I realize that these guys are primarily kids (I did more than my share of STUPID things in college), and are technically "only hockey players", but like it or not they are role models, that is the nature of the beast in Grand Forks. These guys do have a responsibility to themselves, the team and the community to behave in appropriate and legal ways. If I have any question about that, all I have to do is look at my 9 year old nephew while I'm trying to explain to him why Osh got arrested AGAIN.

yep usually fighting. one of my friends got one for peeing on a building once too though... :lol:

:lol: Well I heard from a little birdie on Monday something of this sort, the peeing part... and some of you are harsh give the kid a break hes a good kid... He could be smokin crack and breakin into houses or something, did any of you have fun in college? Cripe.. Ya he should be setting a better example but for real here he is in college.. say what you want in response to this but give him some slack in all honesty.. I have never been arrested but I can bet a lot of money I should have been many many more times than Osh. I think alot of you are taking the grown up approach but anyone on this board in college or freshly graduated shold know what goes on... And being who is he is has not helped him get away with things... Life will go on... the Fighting Sioux are still a hockey club...

He seemed to be playing hurt, but I hadn't heard anything about it. Any idea what the injury was?

On to the topic of the thread - Oshie's a good kid and I haven't seen any "star" attitude from him. My 9 year old nephew's hockey team often practices after the sioux and Osh is always great with those little guys. He makes them all feel like they are friends with him, which is such a blast for them (all the guys are great, but Osh and Vande seem to make special efforts)

That said, he needs to work a little harder at keeping his nose clean. This is his 2nd arrest in less than a year and part of growing up is learning from your mistakes. Apparently the first time didn't make as deep as impression as most of us would have liked to see. I fully support Hak in suspending him. As much as I don't want the Sioux to have to play a night without him, its important to set the bar high.

I realize that these guys are primarily kids (I did more than my share of STUPID things in college), and are technically "only hockey players", but like it or not they are role models, that is the nature of the beast in Grand Forks. These guys do have a responsibility to themselves, the team and the community to behave in appropriate and legal ways. If I have any question about that, all I have to do is look at my 9 year old nephew while I'm trying to explain to him why Osh got arrested AGAIN.

his injury was discussed a while back but since it should be about healed ill go ahead and say it if no one else has yet. what happened was he got checked with a stick right in the hip and had a really bad bruise.

TJ is one of the nicest guys I have ever met..so I have never seen this rock star attitude that some of you are talking about. He is also one of two guys (Ryan Duncan being the other) who stayed for almost 45 minutes after they had to be to sign autographes during Fan Fest. They could have gotten up and said, "I'm sorry folks, but I don't have to be here anymore so I am leaving" but they didn't.

TJ will continue wearing the A is my guess because it is disorderly conduct which could be multiple things and let us not forget that Matt Greene got a DUI and still kept his C.

I'm sure he did look a little rough because the area where he was arrested is downtown around all of the bars...oddly enough right outside a law office as much as I can find out.

I don't think we know the entire story and we shouldn't pass judgement unless we do. As for the news, anyone remember last year and the big deal that they made out of Robbie's arrest during the Judy's incident and how did that turn out?

It sucks that we won't have him on Friday because he brings a lot to our team, more than any of us probably realize. However, this is a chance for the other guys to step up and show people who say that we can't win without him that we can.

I don't think that he didn't serve something because of the probation....It is just something that you get so that you are watched a little bit closer than before.

Not much good can happen outside a downtown bar at 2am in the morning.

Like I said earlier, pull an okposo and sign with the Blues TJ. At least they will be happy to have you. Then we for sure would here the crying. You people have no goddamn clue.

Tell me what's the difference whether you run out on your team or pull a major boner like this? Oshie is not a kid he's 21 years old that makes him a man, he figures he's old enough to drink he better figure it out he old enough to suffer the consequences. Maybe they will give him speedy due process and he will face the courts before the season is over this time.

Maybe he gets 30 to 60 days in the clink, tell how he's going to help his team now. Everyone has to be reponsible for their own actions.