SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbell did sign with Mankato. It really makes a person wonder who else offered him? :lol:

I'm amazed at the size of the recruiting classes for our former NCC friends as they face lower scholarship limits in the NSIC. It looks like everyone is announcing classes of 18-23 -- must be giving everyone busfare and change for a Coke.

Obviously very difficult (and frustrating) to attempt to assess players based on awards, newspaper articles and internet chatter, but you've got to be impressed with Mankato. In addition to Campbell, they also signed RB Chris Echols from Wisconsin Lutheran, a 1st team AP all-state rumored previously to be headed to UNI, 1st team AP RB Micheal Sewall from Kimberly, WI, and Beau Illikainen, TE/athlete from Wayzata who was rumored to have D1 interest. Oh well, so much for rumors...

Will someone please get that joker proudsioux off our board? do you gusy know who I am talking about? I know dagies does.

Hey sorry, we can't help with that. Lennon chose to burn a lot of bridges when he left here and ProudSioux's harassment of your fan board is a repercussion of that. Most of us have constrained our criticism of him to this board and for the most part have maintained our sobriety. That being said SIU has definitely moved into the number two spot on my least favorite FCS football teams list. Here's hoping you go 1-10 next year with your 1 win coming in the Fargodome against Bi-Son.

Hey sorry, we can't help with that. Lennon chose to burn a lot of bridges when he left here and ProudSioux's harassment of your fan board is a repercussion of that. Most of us have constrained our criticism of him to this board and for the most part have maintained our sobriety. That being said SIU has definitely moved into the number two spot on my least favorite FCS football teams list. Here's hoping you go 1-10 next year with your 1 win coming in the Fargodome against Bi-Son.

amen to that

I'm amazed at the size of the recruiting classes for our former NCC friends as they face lower scholarship limits in the NSIC. It looks like everyone is announcing classes of 18-23 -- must be giving everyone busfare and change for a Coke.

Obviously very difficult (and frustrating) to attempt to assess players based on awards, newspaper articles and internet chatter, but you've got to be impressed with Mankato. In addition to Campbell, they also signed RB Chris Echols from Wisconsin Lutheran, a 1st team AP all-state rumored previously to be headed to UNI, 1st team AP RB Micheal Sewall from Kimberly, WI, and Beau Illikainen, TE/athlete from Wayzata who was rumored to have D1 interest. Oh well, so much for rumors...

So are we the #3. I sure hope so. See you in Grand Forks for paybacks this fall.

Mankato will win the nsic (lower caps on purpose) next year. They finally have a coach (USD guy). I'm expecting a Christmas gift from those folks in Mankato next year, at least a card for the conference title we're giving them.

From McFeely's blog:

Did you catch new UND coach Chris Mussman's interview on Dan Hammer's radio show yesterday? Mussman's candidness was remarkable. He talked openly about losing four commitments and how Sioux coaches learned a lesson about continuing to recruit positions even though they'd received commitments at those positions. Mussman said four players who had committed to the Sioux reneged and went to North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Northern Illinois and Southern Illinois. The player who went to the Bison was Jason Obarski, a kicker/punter from Apple Valley HS. The general rule among football coaches is that you never publicly talk about players you didn't get, but Mussman talked openly about it. Refreshing, but you wonder how long it will last. Wayne Nelson in the Grand Forks Herald wrote a story about the de-commitments and you can read it by clicking here.

I've noticed in a couple of places where Haugeberg wasn't mentioned as ever having committed here. I wonder if he was going to be a walk-on, and thus his "de-commitment" is just sort of disregarded?

After watching the highlight video, I can see why the coaches sound so high on Watkins. At 5'9", I assume his height scared off a lot of schools, but he appears to have everything else you'd want in a corner, and obviously he played against very strong competition in high school. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he sees the field next year.

Rosario is also impressive, as are Benjamin, Sutton and several others. Overall, a nice class IMO.

Any word on Duraney White?

My best guess is that he's "committed", but hasn't signed a LOI. Mussman said in an interview aired between basketball games last night that there are three offers still out there. I can only assume one is to White. Considering there were apparently several Canadians visiting this past weekend, I'd say the odds are fairly good at least one of the other offers may be to another Canadian. And Rosemeyer's status is still unknown.

Wow, grammar police are on patrol.

I took SooToo's post as simply asking for information about Duraney White--not a correction of GeauxSioux's post, who was apparently asking whether anyone knew if White had actually signed.

Anyway, here's an article on the school he currently attends, and how it has sent a lot of players to US college programs. Among the alums of this school are Tim Biakabutuka, the former Michigan and NFL running back.

About all I know at this point is that he's listed at 6'5", 195 on their roster, and he's a receiver. Here's a picture.

Wow, grammar police are on patrol.

Sorry, junior. I forget who might be listening in. I'll try to make it simpler next time.

For our Bison "friends' who might be trying to follow along, let me rephrase the question; Does anybody know anything about Duraney White? Where did he go to school? How fast can he run? How high can he jump? How proficient (good) is he at catching the ball?

I hope this clears up any confusion (mix-up).

The elite need to speak proper english. No slang or jargon here. Anything else would be uncivilized.

No need to "speak proper English," Gabe (although I don't recall grammar and syntax being bad things); it is helpful, however, if you can understand it. So practice your reading comprehension over the weekend and it will help you keep up when you're trolling next week.

Is there any further news regarding recruits?

Sixteen sounds low. Mussman was talking more in the 18-19 range when I last heard him speak.

No real news--other than it sounds as though Tyrell Rosemeyer is looking elsewhere.

Allcanadagridiron.com continues to list Duraney White as a UND commit.

I believe there are still some quality preferred-walk-on-types out there, including Kyle Gratzek and Jared Gowan. Also, I'm guessing there are still some talented jucos out there.

I know quite a few people that attended the reception celebrating Signing Day on Wednesday night. The coaches of course talked about the signings, but also a little bit about the decommits.

Tracy was an early commit and was eventually offered more money from SDSU.

The coach that contacted Cavil after he verballed to UND...Bubba. Apparently Cavil was scheduled to visit Duluth but cancelled the visit, verballed to UND, and the rest is history.

Just a couple tidbits during the off-season. :silly:

Did Mike Mcatee (sp) from Rolla sign anywhere? He had been rumored to be an NDSU commit a while back but that was unsubstantiated and I'm pretty confident we never offered him. But I would think he would be a good enough prospect to go DII or walk on at UND or NDSU.

I don't believe he has signed with anyone.

I see Rashad Gayden, a LB from Cooper HS, signed with Wahpeton. Reportedly, UND had some interest during the recruiting period. Also signing at NDSCS was Derek Earls, a RB/LB and all-metro player from Waconia. Future JUCO options?

I'm surprised we haven't gone that route a little bit this year. Wasn't the plan to jump to the full complement of 63 scholarships with this recruiting class? I would think it would be nice to spread the new schollies out a little bit and bring in some immediate help at the same time. (Although if I remember right, some of last year's big class said there was going to be a bump in schlarship money for them once we officially were operating under FCS limits.)