SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2008 schedule

Yote 53

Within a mile or so of the South Alabama campus. With USA starting football and being a IAA independent until at least 2011, hopefully UND can schedule USA for a home/home.

Bay Minette? The "Eastern Shore" has been growing like crazy - Spanish Fort/Daphne especially, although condo development at Orange Beach and Gulf Shores has slowed considerably. With the Airbus/EADS/Northrup Grumman victory over Boeing and tanker assembly to begin in Mobile, a number of shipbuilding projects awarded to Austal (an Australian compnay), and the worlds largest steel plant under just starting construction in north Mobile county by the the German company Thyssen Krupp,(28,,000 workers needed for construction), the area is expecting a serious "boom".

Hopefully, backward Pensacola can share in some of Mobile's progress. The growth in the last 10 years has been phenomenal. Eastern Shore in particular is amazing. We plan on stopping off at Panera today in Eastern Shore on the way downtown Mobile for the Playhouse Disney show. What this has to do with UND's 2008 schedule is a mystery, but still fun. :angry:

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, backward Pensacola can share in some of Mobile's progress. The growth in the last 10 years has been phenomenal. Eastern Shore in particular is amazing. We plan on stopping off at Panera today in Eastern Shore on the way downtown Mobile for the Playhouse Disney show. What this has to do with UND's 2008 schedule is a mystery, but still fun. :cool:

Hopefully there could be a UND/USA game at Ladd-Peeples Stadium (home of the GMAC and Senior Bowls) down the road (although the stadium is not in the greatest neighborhood).

BTW, the downtown Pensacola area IMHO is not just historic, but quite impressive and liveable for its size. Much of Pensacola south of I-10 (Warrington, Brownsville) not so much it seems :angry: , except the Perdido area. Heard that the UWF area north of I-10 is very nice, but never been there. Pensacola has just been hammered by too many hurricane direct hits, while Mobile city has largedly been spared (except for storm surges in mostly rural south Mobile county - Forrest Gump country.)

They live in Fairhope, which is seeing some growth as well.

My cousin goes to USA. They have a nice campus. Too bad they don't have a decent on campus stadium.

Ladd is in a scary neighborhood! Don't stick around too long after the game is over!

I used to have other family near Pensacola as well. Pace, FL to be exact. That area was also seeing growth (I was last there probably 5 years ago).

Hopefully there could be a UND/USA game at Ladd-Peeples Stadium (home of the GMAC and Senior Bowls) down the road (although the stadium is not in the greatest neighborhood).

BTW, the downtown Pensacola area IMHO is not just historic, but quite impressive and liveable for its size. Much of Pensacola south of I-10 (Warrington, Brownsville) not so much it seems :D , except the Perdido area. Heard that the UWF area north of I-10 is very nice, but never been there. Pensacola has just been hammered by too many hurricane direct hits, while Mobile city has largedly been spared (except for storm surges in mostly rural south Mobile county - Forrest Gump country.)

Downtown Pensacola is nice. My wife often comments that she could live down there. I live in the UWF area and love it. One of the big differences that I see in this area compared to GF, is how dirty it is. GF always looks so clean and maintained. Down here it seems if the medians get mowed once a year it's a miracle. And there is so much blight. especially since the hurricanes. When you live the first 20+ years of life in GF and move away, you appreciate how nice and clean it is.

When you live the first 20+ years of life in GF and move away, you appreciate how nice and clean it is.

I've lived in a couple states. What I notice is people in ND maintain their property and businesses much better so the general appearance is just better.

The contract for UND at UNI included an option for a return game at a later date if UND went DI.

As a practical matter, what does that mean? Isn't there always an option for a return game at a later date? Is there any binding language that would make a return game necessary for UNI if/when UND moved up, at a specific date?

I thought the option was for 2 additional games- one @ UNI and one @ UND?

That is how I understood it. If/when UND moved to DI there was an option for an additional 2 games. Ultimately a 2 for 1 deal. But as was previously pointed out, how binding was the language in the contract? And will we be expected to travel there again before we get our home game?

This article makes it sound as if it was UND's choice to go back to Vermillion again this year.

USD football schedule builds slowly

Much hand-wringing has been done to insure USD is able to establish a balanced schedule from year-to-year. UND did its part to aid USD by agreeing to play at the DakotaDome next year, despite it being the Sioux's turn to host.

"We really have UND to thank for helping us out on that," Nielsen said. "Coach Chris Mussman understood that our home and away conference games were not going to be balanced, and he assisted us."

Damn, we're nice guys up here! :D

Anyone hearing any scuttlebutt on an 11th game?

One of the problems with an 11th game may be that 50% of games should be against DI counters (although this isn't an absolute requirement until next year). But certainly UND wants to comply with DI requirements the first year. USD doesn't count as a DI team, so we're left with SIU, Idaho St, SE La, UCDavis, and SUU as five DI's. An 11th game should be a DIA or DIAA team. The Great West commissioner reallly screwed us over by cancelling the Cal Poly game. If Lennon hadn't done us what appears to be a huge favor by scheduling us (with other schools backing out and the Poly game cancelled), we would have been limited to possibly nine games, which is the minimum. If another DI team is scheduled, than a 12th game could also be scheduled, like another game vs USD. Intending to meet the 50% DI scheduling rule may help explain why USD wasn't scheduled twice. Next year USD will count.

• 1 month later...

The Yotes release their 2008 Schedule and a list of opponents for 2009.

2008 Yote Football Schedule (11 Games)

Aug. 30 St. Ambrose DangerDome

Sept. 6 Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, IA

Sept. 13 SE Louisiana Hammond, LA

Sept. 20 Culver-Stockton DangerDome

Sept. 27 Montana State Bozeman, MT

Oct. 4 Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA

Oct. 11 Missouri S&T DangerDome

Nov. 1 North Greenville Tigerville, SC

Nov. 8 Southern Oregon DangerDome

Nov. 15 Southern Utah Cedar City, UT

Nov. 22 North Dakota DangerDome

2009 Yote Opponents

Home

McNeese State

Southeastern Louisiana

Southern Utah

UC-Davis

West Texas A&M

William Penn

Road

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Northern Colorado

Northern Iowa

Their home schedule certainly looks better in 2009.

GO UND

The Yotes release their 2008 Schedule and a list of opponents for 2009.

2008 Yote Football Schedule (11 Games)

Aug. 30 St. Ambrose DangerDome

Sept. 6 Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, IA

Sept. 13 SE Louisiana Hammond, LA

Sept. 20 Culver-Stockton DangerDome

Sept. 27 Montana State Bozeman, MT

Oct. 4 Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA

Oct. 11 Missouri S&T DangerDome

Nov. 1 North Greenville Tigerville, SC

Nov. 8 Southern Oregon DangerDome

Nov. 15 Southern Utah Cedar City, UT

Nov. 22 North Dakota DangerDome

2009 Yote Opponents

Home

McNeese State

Southeastern Louisiana

Southern Utah

UC-Davis

West Texas A&M

William Penn

Road

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Northern Colorado

Northern Iowa

Their home schedule certainly looks better in 2009.

GO UND

DangerDome? That's a bit too much, don't ya think?

I have seen better home schedules in the Cuban Developmental League than what's South Dakota is throwing on the field at home next year. St. Ambrose, Culver-Stockton, Missouri S & T, and Southern Oregon? The NAIA schedules look like the NFL compared to that. For the record the Danger Dome as you refer to it, is a sad sad attempt at a catchy nickname.

--Breakin face "The After in Before and After Pictures"