SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2008 schedule

Yote 53

Despite its FBS status, the University of Idaho is quite similar to UND. It has an enrollment of approximately 11,000, and is situated in a city of about 23,000. They play in a domed football facility that seats about 16,000.

Idaho went 1-11 in 2007, with their lone win coming against Cal Poly 20-13.

Cal Poly was breaking in their new triple option offense and new QB and had 7 fumbles (5 lost). Two fumbles were in the red zone (one at the 6 yard line) and another was inside Cal Poly's 15 yard line setting up one of Idaho's touchdowns, and a third was on a short field goal attempt by Cal Poly. I think that UND will be able to do what Cal Poly fumbled away, and that is beat Idaho. Congrats on signing your first FBS games.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Wisconsin was willing to schedule a team that would not count toward their bowl eligibility. I guess Wisconsin feels they are at a point where the bowl-minimum is a given.

Even though it would have been a blow-out, that trip sure would have been fun for Sioux fans. Hopefully that game can be arranged a few years down the road.

According to the article, Wisconsin made three phone calls to UND to discuss scheduling the game before scheduling Cal Poly. I can't help but think that there was some thought that a name change may be in the works, because it is against Wisconsin policy for them to schedule UND at this point. I believe that we are closer to losing the Fighting Sioux name than many think.

I do like what is shaping up for the next few years. :angry:

According to the article, Wisconsin made three phone calls to UND to discuss scheduling the game before scheduling Cal Poly. I can't help but think that there was some thought that a name change may be in the works, because it is against Wisconsin policy for them to schedule UND at this point. I believe that we are closer to losing the Fighting Sioux name than many think.

Wisconsin, along with Iowa, reversed their stance on that policy, at least as it pertains to UND, when the settlement was announced. They both said they would consider playing us after the agreement was made.

Wisconsin, along with Iowa, reversed their stance on that policy, at least as it pertains to UND, when the settlement was announced. They both said they would consider playing us after the agreement was made.

I didn't realize that Wisconsin had changed their stance. Looking back through old threads, I find where Dan Hammer said that Iowa and Wisconsin had changed their stance, but there was no link to any written news report on the subject. The only thing I could find on the UW website is the document that I referenced earlier that stated they wouldn't schedule UND. :huh:

The only thing I could find on the UW website is the document that I referenced earlier that stated they wouldn't schedule UND. :huh:

Go to your link, page 2/3, and there highlighted as "1." is a statement about playing schools not on the list. The settlement removed us from the NCAA's list for the time being.

Go to your link, page 2/3, and there highlighted as "1." is a statement about playing schools not on the list. The settlement removed us from the NCAA's list for the time being.

I guess I was looking for a statement removing the "University of North Dakota" from Wisconsin's blackball list, preferably with flashing neon colored text, but we can't always get what we want in life. :sad::D

Two games at Idaho would be great. However, I would be much inclined to letting Wisconsin host us. Even though we'd most likely lose Wisconsin is more in our recruiting base. However, any FBS games are great games and we need as many as possible.

Also, I'm super excited for the '09 schedule.

is it fair to assume that we can say the '09 schedule will Feature:

USD - Home

Cal Poly - Home

UC Davis - Home

Cal Poly - Away

Idaho - Away

Idaho State - Home

SUU - Away

Two games at Idaho would be great. However, I would be much inclined to letting Wisconsin host us. Even though we'd most likely lose Wisconsin is more in our recruiting base. However, any FBS games are great games and we need as many as possible.

USD - Home

Cal Poly - Home

UC Davis - Home

Cal Poly - Away

Idaho - Away

Idaho State - Home

SUU - Away

I'm pretty sure Cal Poly will be away. I actually would prefer it that way as it would cement the two home, two away games per year rotation.

USD - Home

Cal Poly - Home

UC Davis - Home

Cal Poly - Away

Idaho - Away

Idaho State - Home

SUU - Away

The Idaho games are not until 2010 and 2011. That said, even with Idaho on the schedule, I don't see that as preventing us from scheduling additional FBS games those years, as we won't be playoff eligible anyway and, except for depth, we are probably nearlly on par with Idaho's program already. Idaho can only afford low guarantees, so they were more than happy to find an FCS program (even one that could beat them) that would play at their place two years straight. A Wisconsin game could still happen, but I'm not sure it would be best for the program at this stage (unlike other schools like Minn, Iowa St, Wyoming, Colo St.)

Doesn't UND also have an 2009 option to play UNI at Grand Forks as a followup to the 2006 game?

UND should follow the Cal Polyy-Montana five-year agreement plan with either Montana or Montana State. Cal Poly's getting two home games with Montana (with the first in SLO), with three in Missoula. Those type games would further liven up the schedule.

Hawaii has struggled to fill its schedule in recent years. That would be a nice reward, especially for a game around Thanksgiving or the first week of December.

I just can't see getting another decent home game. If you can get another FCS team great, but I think it makes more sense to take another road game as the first half of a home and home to and then have a real solid schedule for '09.

The other option that I would be OK with is the second game against USD.

No I dont think so but I heard somewhere I think it was Lotysz on his talk show on saturdays that UND has been talking to numerous FBS schools in the big 12 and pac 10. Only ones in the big 10 i guess is wisconsin and illinois but those were just talks. Look for a big 12 team to be scheduled in 2 years.

No I dont think so but I heard somewhere I think it was Lotysz on his talk show on saturdays that UND has been talking to numerous FBS schools in the big 12 and pac 10. Only ones in the big 10 i guess is wisconsin and illinois but those were just talks. Look for a big 12 team to be scheduled in 2 years.

Kansas State (Tibesar connection) and Iowa State (Mussman's alma mater) would seem like possibilities.

USD - Home

Cal Poly - Home

UC Davis - Home

Cal Poly - Away

Idaho - Away

Idaho State - Home

SUU - Away

I know NDSU's games with Nicholls and Northwestern St in 2004 were the first game of a home/home.

Is there any reason to think that the games at SELA and McNeese aren't home/home?

OK so while we wait in the balance for a pivotal 11th game i've revised what I'm expecting for next year

Idaho State - HOME

UC Davis - HOME

USD - Home

SUU - Away

Cal Poly - Away

SELU - Home ?

UNI - Home ?

Can anybody comment on what to expect in '09 or as to what the 11th game for '08 may be?

I know NDSU's games with Nicholls and Northwestern St in 2004 were the first game of a home/home.

Is there any reason to think that the games at SELA and McNeese aren't home/home?

In the case of Southeastern Louisiana, the answer is yes. It's a one game deal. Have no idea what McNeese is doing next year.

Mobile?

Within a mile or so of the South Alabama campus. With USA starting football and being a IAA independent until at least 2011, hopefully UND can schedule USA for a home/home.

I have family on the other side of the bay.
Bay Minette? The "Eastern Shore" has been growing like crazy - Spanish Fort/Daphne especially, although condo development at Orange Beach and Gulf Shores has slowed considerably. With the Airbus/EADS/Northrup Grumman victory over Boeing and tanker assembly to begin in Mobile, a number of shipbuilding projects awarded to Austal (an Australian compnay), and the worlds largest steel plant just starting construction in north Mobile county by the the German company Thyssen Krupp,(28,,000 workers needed for construction), the area is expecting a serious "boom".