SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Tigers

Siouxdonyms

i don't know what games you were watching, but i was at both and thought martens skated well both nights. lapoint skates well, but as someone stated, he was out of position a few times last night. nothing that can't be fixed, i think he will be solid. marto looked right at home out there last night. he is one of the fastest players on the ice at any given time, moves the puck well, and jumped into the play nicely. the only knock on marto is his size, but we can't have six matt greenes. friday night, the only thing that really stuck out to me was that forney looked like he had tired legs in the third, as opposed to saturday when it looked like the entire team had tired legs. i really hope we don't see that saturday team on the ice too often this season :D but if anything, we know what they are capable of after the friday game, we just need a little consistency. and yes, sweatt is a player, he was one of the few players who had a complete weekend. the good news (for everyone except cc) is i think he will be gone after this year.

i saw both too, and i thought he skated well also, but that doesnt mean he did anything. i just think there is a good spot that hes taking up and until he decides to put up some points (seeing he has only 10 in his career) im not going to say hes worthy of a spot. now radke has more points but he also should because of appearing in more games. the only big difference i see is radke isnt afraid of taking some hits and giving some hits, also while making some nice passes and shot attempts once in a while. he has the ability to get this team jacked up sort of like prpich was. where as i see martens showing no emotion out there and seems like hes always along for the ride, not contributing a thing.

there you have it, my opinion, and only that. FOR THE RECORD, this isnt a bash on martens he has shown some sparks here and there, but please and i say please, play like you wanna be on this team and play like a leader on that 4th line when youre the only veteran up top with radke out.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw both too, and i thought he skated well also, but that doesnt mean he did anything. i just think there is a good spot that hes taking up and until he decides to put up some points (seeing he has only 10 in his career) im not going to say hes worthy of a spot. now radke has more points but he also should because of appearing in more games. the only big difference i see is radke isnt afraid of taking some hits and giving some hits, also while making some nice passes and shot attempts once in a while. he has the ability to get this team jacked up sort of like prpich was. where as i see martens showing no emotion out there and seems like hes always along for the ride, not contributing a thing.

there you have it, my opinion, and only that. FOR THE RECORD, this isnt a bash on martens he has shown some sparks here and there, but please and i say please, play like you wanna be on this team and play like a leader on that 4th line when youre the only veteran up top with radke out.

some valid points, and as you said it is your opinion, which you are entitled to. i don't think there is any comparison between prpich and radke. prpich could skate and be a scoring threat while providing that spark on the ice. i haven't seen anything out of radke this season that tells me he has earned that spot over martens. he continues to take untimely penalties while providing very little in the offensive zone. at least martens has been skating hard and cycling the puck well keeping it in the offensive zone. in my opinion, martens gives that fourth line some needed offensive punch. i do agree it would be nice to see a little emotion from him. maybe he needs to mix it up a little bit next time he's out there.

some valid points, and as you said it is your opinion, which you are entitled to. i don't think there is any comparison between prpich and radke. prpich could skate and be a scoring threat while providing that spark on the ice. i haven't seen anything out of radke this season that tells me he has earned that spot over martens. he continues to take untimely penalties while providing very little in the offensive zone. at least martens has been skating hard and cycling the puck well keeping it in the offensive zone. in my opinion, martens gives that fourth line some needed offensive punch. i do agree it would be nice to see a little emotion from him. maybe he needs to mix it up a little bit next time he's out there.

I agree about Martens, but I don't think Radke picked up any penalties last night. I imagine it has something to do with being a senior benched for two games.

I really like Marten's effort.

The team looked GREAT on Friday night!! That is what the #1 team in the nation should look like! Last night, CC obviously came out hungry for a win and ready to play, and I think our boys just didn't have that hunger. CC has a great team with some great players, and they definitely deserved the 2 points they got last night. Now we have to come out every game ready to play, whether we're away or at the Ralph.

I think part of the problem at home is the crowd. It's always so quiet, unless there's a goal, a stupid or really good penalty call, or a fight. I think people are getting too spoiled sitting their asses on those leather seats, but that shouldn't stop people from cheering. Honestly, I was cheering wherever I was standing as loud as I could be, and the people around me just looked at me like I was a goon. It's a HOCKEY game people, GET LOUD!!!

Also, about the Star Spangled Banner.... When a group sings it, they have the mic stand set up farther away from them than do the soloists. It's about the echo in the building. When a soloist has the mic, they can only hold it so far away from themselves, and thus the echo is bigger. If they sing it too fast, the echos go all over the place and it makes it hard to understand and it sounds horrible. And give the soloists some credit, I would love to see you guys have to sing amazingly in front of 11,000 people; it's kinda scary. Just sayin.

And so the Lee-bashing continues.

Whatever BDB. Maybe he sucked at UND because no one here liked him. It's too bad Ottawa disagrees with you... but hey, they know hockey. It's their job.

As for the Fire Hakstol thread, I'd like to start a "Play Walski" thread too. JPL did allow 3 goals last night including a shortie. I think it is time Walski got a shot. :D

Get it right; it is the Walsky was robbed thread.

They didn't know CC'd come out with more fire on Saturday?

They didn't know they'd have to come out even stronger, and for a full 60, on Saturday?

Yes, CC had some spark; but where was the Friday UND team?

What the **** are these guys doing after a Friday home win that they look that sluggish and slow on Saturday?

It needs to get fixed now.

I thought the Sioux came out with plenty of fire Saturday. They outshot CC 18-4 in the first period and had a big advantage in scoring opportunities. The difference was that Bachman made saves Saturday that O'Connell didn't on Friday. Giving up the shorthanded goal seemed to deflate the Sioux and the crowd.

The other turning point was the penalty on Bina, which the team didn't seem to react to very well. Two quick CC goals and it was all over.

I agree with Scott Owens that the play of Bachman enabled the Tigers to gain confidence as the game went on. CC's veterans stepped up in difficult circumstances, scored some big goals, played some smart defense and got the split. The other team also gets a vote in the outcome of the game.

The other thing I learned Saturday is that you should never question Owens' goalie rotation unless you want your head bit off.

I thought the Sioux came out with plenty of fire Saturday. They outshot CC 18-4 in the first period and had a big advantage in scoring opportunities. The difference was that Bachman made saves Saturday that O'Connell didn't on Friday. Giving up the shorthanded goal seemed to deflate the Sioux and the crowd.

Thought the first period was the Sioux's best of the weekend. Bachman stole it, and the Sioux didn't recover.

I agree with that, though Hak said a lot was due to not getting any rebound shots. However, I thought if Duncan would have made the shot he did in the slot area, on O'Connell, it would have went in, and the Sioux would have led. That could have changed the entire tone of the game, putting CC down early again. The penalties in the 2nd period killed the flow of the game, and the Sioux never seemed to recover from that.

The other thing I learned Saturday is that you should never question Owens' goalie rotation unless you want your head bit off.

If anything, question why he didn't start Bachman Friday night too, though he did answer that question in the pre-game on Friday night.

If anything, question why he didn't start Bachman Friday night too, though he did answer that question in the pre-game on Friday night.

Yeah, he answered it after the game, too. But he made it clear that he didn't think that anyone should even ask the question.

I think their goalie made some key early saves. If we score a couple quick ones then it changes the game but once they got momentum that was that. Also we didn't hit at all on saturday. Thats the key problem that I think cost us the game if I had to choose.

Lammy played well once again. He backs up his team too much and its time that sh*t gets reversed!

I know I'll get killed for this, but...

I watched Sat's game on the tube, so my view might be completely skewed, but I think both JPL and Marto laid eggs with their performances.

And when is the last time anyone recalls a team getting so many 3-on-1s against a Fighting Sioux squad? Lots of breakdowns on defense.

Finally, CC plugged up the middle and didn't allow the Sioux any passing room. Get used to that.

I watched Sat's game on the tube, so my view might be completely skewed, but I think both JPL and Marto laid eggs with their performances.

PLAY WALSKI!

And when is the last time anyone recalls a team getting so many 3-on-1s against a Fighting Sioux squad? Lots of breakdowns on defense.

I blame Lee and Hakstol for this.

Finally, CC plugged up the middle and didn't allow the Sioux any passing room. Get used to that.

Plug in some hypothetical nonsense here.

:D

Yeah, he answered it after the game, too. But he made it clear that he didn't think that anyone should even ask the question.

Far be it from us to question the coach on his selection, by all means Mr Owens start the other goalie if you like.

Thank God we didn't have to face Bachman twice.

I am not going to hang you. Think about it 4 shutouts in 5 games and what do you expect, phil isn't going to save 98 percent of the shots on net... I am just glad the Sioux don't have Frazee in net...