SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

It was, they kind of looked like us on Friday night, just not clicking and having a hard time with bounces. I thought CC looked fast and was passing the puck well, but I wasn't paying too close of attention, watching the Sioux games on the net.

You're right though, they will come to play, especially since it's in our barn on a big weekend. But then again that's every weekend we play. Ha!

Yeah, it will be another rough and tough weekend in the WCHA. Scotty Owens will have his team ready.

I thought it was amusing after the CC/Minny series how the entire FOXN sports team were just ripping the Gophers. You know....a Sioux fans dream! :lol:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it will be another rough and tough weekend in the WCHA. Scotty Owens will have his team ready.

I thought it was amusing after the CC/Minny series how the entire FOXN sports team were just ripping the Gophers. You know....a Sioux fans dream! :lol:

Puffy ripping the Gophers!?!? Say it ain't so! :lol::D

Yea, it's one thing to listen to the Rug and booger, but to get to hear Dubay have to explain why they played so $hitty was just great! He's alway such a cock when he comes up to the REA to watch games. One year he was standing outside one of the lux boxes talking smack to the fans over the ledge. Never been able to listen to Vikings Fanline since, and the way they are playing this year it's probably for the best anyway. :lol:

But they were back in usual form after last night's sweep of the buckeye. Couldn't blow enough sunshine up Frazee's a$&, they make him sound like the second coming. He is the definition of the golden choker.

I was in favor of keeping Vande centering the second line at the start of the season, but with the way that top line played tonight it's hard to argue for moving him back now, especially if the other guys continue to step up and provide scoring depth and win faceoffs.

I only listened to the audio, but it sounded like Forney played well, as well. No offense to Radke, but I wouldn't mind seeing him become another Wally Pipp! Great job by the Sioux keeping their composure at the end of the game when Tech was trying to bait us into something stupid. In situations like that, sometimes it only takes one guy. With the decisions Radke has made thus far this season, who knows what might have happened tonight.

Why did Tech start a different goalie tonight? Didn't the one last night earn another start after his performance?

They have a "2 good goalies so we alternate" situation. Exlak came in to start the 3rd and I thought played a better game, but the it was pretty much out of hand by then. He just kept it from getting really ugly. But you're right, the game I watched last night the guy looked like he took lessons from Mr. Mioggi and was using the Force to stop everything! He was on fire and I was pretty surprised to see the coach still go with the other guy. I bet Exlak is the main starter in a month or so.

its nice to see kozek scoring goals and good to see forney in the lineup(sounded like he played good to)

You stole my post!

One of the things I'm happiest about is seeing Kozek continue to contribute offensively. Consistent contribution from AK will be a big factor if he can keep it up.

The other thing I'm most happy about are reading comments about Forney's strong play not only from posters but from Hakstol. This is a great rebound from last night.

Lastly, though we lost last night I'm relieved to read Hakstol say he thought it might have been the team's best performance of the year.

Good things to come.

Yea, it's one thing to listen to the Rug and booger, but to get to hear Dubay have to explain why they played so $hitty was just great! He's alway such a cock when he comes up to the REA to watch games. One year he was standing outside one of the lux boxes talking smack to the fans over the ledge. Never been able to listen to Vikings Fanline since, and the way they are playing this year it's probably for the best anyway. :lol:

But they were back in usual form after last night's sweep of the buckeye. Couldn't blow enough sunshine up Frazee's a$&, they make him sound like the second coming. He is the definition of the golden choker.

Yeah, Puffy is a Gopher Homer, no doubt, but if you can get past that, he DOES have a pretty good sports mind. I have been listening to him and PA in their morning show, and once I was able to get past his "maroon and gold bias", I found him entertaining. Glad to see the Sioux get back on track tonight, though!

Yeah, Puffy is a Gopher Homer, no doubt, but if you can get past that, he DOES have a pretty good sports mind. I have been listening to him and PA in their morning show, and once I was able to get past his "maroon and gold bias", I found him entertaining. Glad to see the Sioux get back on track tonight, though!

I have personally met Jeff Dubay and had the opportunity to converse with him and Dubers is pretty good guy.

Come one folks its a sport. Dubay does know what he is talking about. I especially like his football knowledge

and get a kick out of him on Vikings live after the games.

Just got back to Milwaukee from the weekend in Houghton. To the many deer grazing on the side of Hwy 41, thanks for staying put while we drove by. I don't get to see the Sioux as much as you all, but I thought the Duncan, Oshie, Vande line played a lot better tonight, especially Oshie not trying to do it all himself, ends up with the hat trick. Trupp and Genoway impressed with their speed and grit. I saw in Coach Hakstall's post-game that he thought we played both 1st periods well, he is obviously a better analyst than me, but I thought last night's first was doing what he said we should not do and that was come out flat and let the other team dictate the play. Much more intensity tonight.

The boyz kept their heads when Tech tried to stir the pot once they saw the handwriting on the wall. Finley sort of gently shoved one of their forwards and the guy went flying. Quite amusing. LaPointe's whole family was there and they heard naughty talk when a Tech guy mashed his helmet off in the corner where they were sitting. It was my first time in Houghton with zero snow. Two points away from home is the standard for winning the championship assuming we can hold serve at the Ralph.

It seemed like one defenseman, esp Chorney was really moving up inside the offensive zone and would be mostly at the top of the face-off circle, that can be scary for old people like me.

Kick some Tiger tail next weekend.

I have personally met Jeff Dubay and had the opportunity to converse with him and Dubers is pretty good guy.

Come one folks its a sport. Dubay does know what he is talking about. I especially like his football knowledge

and get a kick out of him on Vikings live after the games.

I listen to KFAN, A LOT... Puffy may be a gopher homer, but not in the sense of Sid being a gopher homer (I think people should stop using the word homer, and start saying sid instead). He almost always gives UND credit when credit is due. He'll also definitely let you know when/why the gophs are playing poorly.

I've never really understood why so many people on this board give puffy such a bad time (other than the fact that he's a gopher fan-which is understandable)? 95% of the time he has nothing but good things to say about the sioux program. I can almost guarantee that when umtc travels to the ralph in december, at worst he'll predict the Sioux walking away with 2 points. Sid on the other hand would guarantee a sweep, and probably predict a 41-0 Friday night score.

STAT of the year so far

last season kozek had 5 goals in 41 games and 11 points total

this season kozek has 4 goals in 5 games

great job kozek!!

A balanced attack is gone get this team very far with the defense and goaltending we have

good sat night win for the sioux!!

well i guess phil's 4 shutouts and a 0.43 GAA and .983 SV % isnt bad either through 5 games :lol:

Once we get past this slow start, I think this year's Sioux hockey team will be something special.

I hate to put a lot of pressure on these kids just yet, but I wouldn't mind them being higher than third this season

so they don't have to worry if they are going to make the NCAA title and have to win every game and play unders such pressure.

I would like to go into the playoffs and know they are already in the big dance.

Dear Fighting Sioux fan base,

It's me, Diggler. As you probably know, I was in Houghton this past weekend. I had such a great time while I was there. Also while I was there, I had a change in heart. Effective immediately, I am no longer a Sioux fan. From now on, I will be a Michigan Tech Huskies fan. Their fan base is so much better than ours. Sioux Yeah Yeah has agreed to convert along with me. Is anyone else interested in coming?

I will continue to go to Sioux games at home. The only difference is that when Michigan Tech comes around, I will be cheering for them. Also, I heard MeanEgirl is coming back this January. When she gets here, we should all shower her with gifts and presents and money. We should make her our queen.

But that is all I have to say for now. I will leave you with one picture... as proof that I am now and will forever be a Michigan Tech fan.

GO HUSKIES!!! Scrioux the Sioux!

img0300zw4.jpg

Sincerely,

Diggler

Dear Fighting Sioux fan base,

It's me, Diggler. As you probably know, I was in Houghton this past weekend. I had such a great time while I was there. Also while I was there, I had a change in heart. Effective immediately, I am no longer a Sioux fan. From now on, I will be a Michigan Tech Huskies fan. Their fan base is so much better than ours. Sioux Yeah Yeah has agreed to convert along with me. Is anyone else interested in coming?

I will continue to go to Sioux games at home. The only difference is that when Michigan Tech comes around, I will be cheering for them. Also, I heard MeanEgirl is coming back this January. When she gets here, we should all shower her with gifts and presents and money. We should make her our queen.

But that is all I have to say for now. I will leave you with one picture... as proof that I am now and will forever be a Michigan Tech fan.

GO HUSKIES!!! Scrioux the Sioux!

img0300zw4.jpg

Sincerely,

Diggler

Damn, he actually drank the kool-aid...