SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux came out and made a statement tonight. Could care less about the #1 ranking. Just need to control what we can control, and tonight, we played Fighting Sioux hockey from beginning to end. Great game by Oshie and Dunc's, and Genoway and LaPoint played great too. Of course, Phil was Phil. Great team win tonight. Can't wait to hear Hak.

AMEN!! That's what we expected to see every night from this team. I thought LaPoint had a helluva game, made it to the #1 PP. I thought the way Genoway was swinging at the end of the game he was trying to get tossed so Marto could get in next week. :lol: Like you said, the way LaPoint played it's going to be dam tough for him to get back into a regular nightly switch off. Finley had a great game too, he was on the ice for about 98% of the game. Real warrior out there tonight. Best thing was to see THE Oshie and Duncan get on track and find the back of the net often.

I feel like the Forney cheering section, but I thought he had a really good game too. Wasn't afraid to throw a check and really had some nice set-up passes. Hopefully he can keep it up in practice and become a 4th line regular. I'm going out on a limb, I DO think he is going to one of the break out players of this year. Him, Frattin and Trupp.

Hak Post-Game Comments:

I think we came out very similar to last night. We came out hard and strong. The difference, we had no real walls tonight. Obviously, you get some success offensively, it gives you a little more jump.

Not sure if Oshie wiffed on first goal or was trying to do that. May have been trying to go one-timer to Duncan. Ended up going in though.

Phil plays with such passion, even now in the dressing room, it takes him a while to settle down, cool down. He's just so tough physically and mentally into the game.

I thought we did a reasonably good job on the PK. On their 5 on 3, they had some nice chances, and Phil did his homework on the backdoor play, and Phil made the glove save.

We talk about Oshie, Vande Velde and Duncan loosening up, I think they did that tonight. They all contributed on the 5 on 3 goal, and that told me they had loosened up.

Forney gave us good minutes all the way through. For not having played for a while, he showed good poise with the puck. Little simple things. Gaining lines, gaining zone, chipping the puck forward, good solid play, and that's what we wanted out of him tonight.

We didnt' want to back off in the 3rd period. There were some things we wanted to work on. However, there is a certain level of respect in the game, so why not give other guys a chance, they've worked hard too. We wanted to work on a little different look in our defensive system. We probably weren't as dynamic on our offensive side at that point, but that's okay.

I think Tech will end up being a Top 5 team. That's what every one wants. Top 5 this year may mean a NCAA berth. I thought we deserved a little better fate last night, but we came back nice tonight. Would be a heck of a long ride going home without the 2 points.

Next weekend is Alumni weekend. Need to stay focus on the team that we're playing.

CC swept by New Hampshire. They'll be hungry next weekend.

Yup, that's what scares me. Like i said, they looked really good when they swept the goofer nation last weekend. Then the goofs bounce back and sweep Ohio State thursday and Friday.

Yup, that's what scares me. Like i said, they looked really good when they swept the goofer nation last weekend. Then the goofs bounce back and sweep Ohio State thursday and Friday.

I thought it was more that the Gophers looked lousy, than the Tigers looking that good. However, we can't overlook them by any means. Points are points in the WCHA.

I thought it was more that the Gophers looked lousy, than the Tigers looking that good. However, we can't overlook them by any means. Points are points in the WCHA.

It was, they kind of looked like us on Friday night, just not clicking and having a hard time with bounces. I thought CC looked fast and was passing the puck well, but I wasn't paying too close of attention, watching the Sioux games on the net.

You're right though, they will come to play, especially since it's in our barn on a big weekend. But then again that's every weekend we play. Ha!