SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

I don't share the wild enthusiasm about these games. Any time the #1 team comes in, the home team will be up for it. The Sioux have not exactly looked like world beaters either. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sioux take four points, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them come home empty handed either. Tech has two good goalies and good goalies can steal games. It will be tough, but I hope my presence there brings them luck.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't share the wild enthusiasm about these games. Any time the #1 team comes in, the home team will be up for it. The Sioux have not exactly looked like world beaters either. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sioux take four points, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them come home empty handed either. Tech has two good goalies and good goalies can steal games. It will be tough, but I hope my presence there brings them luck.

So you guys are going. You managed to get away from work without Dr.'s orders?

So you guys are going. You managed to get away from work without Dr.'s orders?

Yes, we be going, but the PCs (actually two of them) are going along and one of them will be doing model runs in the car on the drive as well as in the motel. Heck of way to travel.

Siouxnami - I am cautiously optimistic about this year, but it is early and my comfort zone is quite small. I work at a utility and hedging has become a full time effort.

I was checking the USCHO poll to see where Mich Tech was, (#14) and then counted the WCHA schools in the top 20.

Eight schools in the top 20 from the WCHA. St. Cloud State with 44 points isn't in the top 20. Minn-Mankato didn't get any points.

Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll

1 North Dakota (42) 2-0-1 991 1

4 Colorado College 2-0-0 777 10

6 Denver 3-1-0 723 5

10 Minnesota 2-2-0 577 3

11 Wisconsin 3-1-0 515 13

14 Michigan Tech 3-1-0 242 NR

17 Minnesota-Duluth 3-0-1 190 NR

20 Alaska-Anchorage 3-0-1 106 NR

Just pointing out the obvious. Toughest college hockey conference in the US of A!!

:)

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

brad reports forney will be on the trip as the extra forward which i guess isnt much news but he will be the extra forward going

Michael Forney will be on the trip to Houghton. So it appears that the skaters who will not travel are Brad Malone (shoulder) and Brent Davidson.

Hakstol said he will decide after practice which goaltender will make the trip, but it sounds like it will be Aaron Walski.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

brad reports forney will be on the trip as the extra forward which i guess isnt much news but he will be the extra forward going

Michael Forney will be on the trip to Houghton. So it appears that the skaters who will not travel are Brad Malone (shoulder) and Brent Davidson.

Hakstol said he will decide after practice which goaltender will make the trip, but it sounds like it will be Aaron Walski.

good sign for forney to be on the trip and its nice to see walski working hard in practice and being rewarded for it.

nope, hak said last night frattins on a different line. im think kozek or trupp as wings or vande centering them. who knows

Frattin will be with Kaip and Watkins...I am going to go out on a limb and say Brad Miller. Hopefully if Forney does get in the game he can gain some confidence and get things rolling. I feel kind of bad for the kid, it must be tough for him. That being said ice time cannot just be handed out it has to be earned. The best players have to play and it is the coaches job to evaluate and put the guys in the line up that give the team the best chance to win. That in turn keeps all of us fans happy!!! :crazy: