SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that any prediction of score right now is a waste of time :) If the sioux are clicking on all cylinders(as much as they can being so early in the season) then it could get ugly for the Tuskies. If the sioux play more like they did this weekend, it could be a close game. We need the number one line to step up for the season this weekend and for 'Lammy' to keep playing solid. Tuskies do have a chance if they score first...

Goon's right on. I don't care if MT is improved. We're the #1 team in the nation for God's sake. We need to bury teams like this. We cannot afford to drop games we should win. And these are games we should win. We've got the #1 team in the nation riding the hottest goalie in the country. When I look back on previous SIOUX WCHA Championship years, rarely did we lose those games. We should expect nothing less than a Sioux sweep.

That is what I am talking about, everyone is acting like MTU is this great unbeatable powerhouse. The reality is that MTU isn't the door mat they once were, they are no longer the easy four points. I get that. I would still put them in the same boat as a Northeastern University or Providence or Ferris State. MTU is a good team but they aren't world beaters. Everyone talks about the team that went to the final five last year that got man handled by a middle of the pack Wisconsin team.

If you remember back to the Final five last season MTU was hard pressed to cycle the puck out of their own end. UND needs to win this series and take some points and get some revenge for being embarrassed in their own barn last season.

That is what I am talking about, everyone is acting like MTU is this great unbeatable powerhouse. The reality is that MTU isn't the door mat they once were, they are no longer the easy four points. I get that. I would still put them in the same boat as a Northeastern University or Providence or Ferris State. MTU is a good team but they aren't world beaters. Everyone talks about the team that went to the final five last year that got man handled by a middle of the pack Wisconsin team.

If you remember back to the Final five last season MTU was hard pressed to cycle the puck out of their own end. UND needs to win this series and take some points and get some revenge for being embarrassed in their own barn last season.

we are the great unbeatable powerhouse :)

I agree with Goon... :) I'm going back to bed... :huh:

I think this is going to be a tough series. Tech is feeling their oats and some of our guys are needing to find out what 100% means (Hak said it, not me).

Tech has excellent goaltending, solid D, and an ok offense. The Sioux will need relentless offense this weekend to win.

I'll accept a split, but hope for better.

i agree that und should be able to sweep. however, mtu is a very good team. they are top 5 or 6 in wcha and better than all the teams you listed.

Hak is still trying ot find the chemistry in the line combos and that is probably part of the reason the team hasn't clicked yet offensively. Yeah we scored 6 goals vs MSU but Lerg let in at least 3 that should have been stopped. I think once the lines have some time to work themselves out we will see an improvement in offensive production. We only had 16 shots vs MSU and 21 vs Northeastern. We need to generate more shots on goal than that.

I know MTU is better than they've been in recent years, but what have they done this season? They lost to Northern Michigan, a CCHA team picked to finish near the bottom of its conference, and had difficulty beating Lake Superior State, another CCHA team expected to finish near the bottom of the league. They swept MS-Mankato at home, a team the WCHA coaches picked to finish 9th in the league. So while I don't think the Sioux should take the Huskies for granted, I don't think we should be in great fear of them, either.

Hak is still trying ot find the chemistry in the line combos and that is probably part of the reason the team hasn't clicked yet offensively. Yeah we scored 6 goals vs MSU but Lerg let in at least 3 that should have been stopped. I think once the lines have some time to work themselves out we will see an improvement in offensive production. We only had 16 shots vs MSU and 21 vs Northeastern. We need to generate more shots on goal than that.

Kind of tough to work out line combos/chemistry when: 1. we've played all of three games. 2. in the first of those three games we lost a top line center to a CFB penalty, so the lines had to be juggled. 3. in the second of those three games we only played two periods and lost a third/fourth line forward to an injury, and juggled lines again. So establishing any sort of chemistry in three games with those circumstances is a futile effort at best I would say.

Kind of tough to work out line combos/chemistry when: 1. we've played all of three games. 2. in the first of those three games we lost a top line center to a CFB penalty, so the lines had to be juggled. 3. in the second of those three games we only played two periods and lost a third/fourth line forward to an injury, and juggled lines again. So establishing any sort of chemistry in three games with those circumstances is a futile effort at best I would say.

Agreed

We are a division one team, with one heckuva resume, and many of our starters have returned for another year of hockey. The last 2-3 years have been slow starts and I'm betting this one isn't much different. We will start off stronger that the previous couple of years but I guarantee we should not set ourselves up for dissapointment when we do lose one of these 'should win' games. Will Tech be our first loss? who knows! For one, its a sport and anything happens. Two, we do have a few rookies(and others) that need to build chemistry with the rest of the team before we click on all cylinders. These should be obvious signs just after this past weekend alone. If we were to beat NE by 6-7 and Boston bye 2-3 then we have a good argument how 'great' our team is. But this isn't the case, as of yet anyways. One game at a time and try walk away with a 'W' is always good, but Im hoping the leaders of the team do, or continue to do their job and pull the team together.

I should mention that Russell has a career record of 2-12 against UND. His record during Hakstol's tenure is 2-4. All four of UND's victories against the Huskies under Hakstol were at Houghton.

didn't und sweep the huskies at the ralph late in hak's second year 2004-2005 because I think fabian went down in one of those games, so 2-6 sounds more like it, anyway hak has pretty muched owned the huskies in his time here.

didn't und sweep the huskies at the ralph late in hak's second year 2004-2005 because I think fabian went down in one of those games, so 2-6 sounds more like it, anyway hak has pretty muched owned the huskies in his time here.

close, Hak's second year was 2005-2006 other than that you are correct. we did sweep them that year though. the scores were 4-0 and 6-0.

05-06 Season results

this will be the source.

We are a division one team, with one heckuva resume, and many of our starters have returned for another year of hockey. The last 2-3 years have been slow starts and I'm betting this one isn't much different. We will start off stronger that the previous couple of years but I guarantee we should not set ourselves up for dissapointment when we do lose one of these 'should win' games. Will Tech be our first loss? who knows! For one, its a sport and anything happens. Two, we do have a few rookies(and others) that need to build chemistry with the rest of the team before we click on all cylinders. These should be obvious signs just after this past weekend alone. If we were to beat NE by 6-7 and Boston bye 2-3 then we have a good argument how 'great' our team is. But this isn't the case, as of yet anyways. One game at a time and try walk away with a 'W' is always good, but Im hoping the leaders of the team do, or continue to do their job and pull the team together.

this is much different from the last few years as we didnt lose the amount of nhl kids this season. we actually have a upperclass full of great top notch players plus very good role players so this may make a difference and who the hell knows, it may not :) cant wait to see these games this weekend and introduce tech to a real team

I predict a Sioux sweep. Tech played a MSU team last week that had not played a game yet, and took advantage. They also lost at home to a MTU team that UMD beat 4-0.

Sioux win Friday 2-1, possibly in OT.

Sioux win Saturday 5-2.

plus the landcows suck