SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

Goon's right on. I don't care if MT is improved. We're the #1 team in the nation for God's sake. We need to bury teams like this. We cannot afford to drop games we should win. And these are games we should win. We've got the #1 team in the nation riding the hottest goalie in the country. When I look back on previous SIOUX WCHA Championship years, rarely did we lose those games. We should expect nothing less than a Sioux sweep.

U.S. International in San Diego ring a bell. That's right, one of the most dominating teams in College Hockey history, the 1987 Sioux, lost to them along with a Colorado College team that was consistently bad back then. I would hope the Sioux remember getting swept in Grand Forks last year, but I think it gives Tech confidence it can beat us. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tech wins one.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of folks are parading out this "No. 1 team in the nation" candy. It don't mean jack.

The last few years, when the Goofie fans were flying that flag, many said it don't matter a lick.

It doesn't. In college hockey, perhaps more than any other major sport, No. 1 means nothing, especially this early, and especially since, top to bottom, No. 12 or 15 can beat No. 1 or 3 on any given weekend of the year.

Tech is no slouch. Who is to say that these are games that we should win just because we are No. 1?

Whoever wants the puck more will win these games.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I agree that the fact that coaches across the country feel we are good enough to be considered #1 one doesn't mean anything in the end, and most of them don't know us from Adam. Our program kinda rides under the radar. But I think we should beat teams like MT because of our talent, scoring depth, NHL draft choices, experience on the blueline, returning hobey baker winner, 3 preseason 1st team all americans, etc. etc. etc. You're right. I think we can accept a split... :)

Greenwinger....they take a bus to Houghton? I figured they would be flying. Will they be leaving Friday morning, or Thursday? That would be a hell of a day if they have to leave Friday. What does the bus look like? Is it all tricked out in green, or is it a pretty non-descript coach bus.

Thanks!!

Oh, also, my predictions....I think Hak will get these guys ship shape this week, and I think Osh will have big games. I look for 6-1 Friday, and 5-2 Saturday.

I believe its wednesday they leave... and it will be a white bus that says University of North Dakota... might even say hockey in the front window of the charter.

U.S. International in San Diego ring a bell. That's right, one of the most dominating teams in College Hockey history the 1987 Sioux lost to them along with a Colorado College team that was consistently bad back then. I would hope the Sioux remember getting swept in Grand Forks last year, but I think it gives Tech confidence it can beat us. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tech wins one.

Yes it rings a bell but I said rarely. Bring me a long list of loses from our recent championships at the hands of weaker teams. Last year we won nothing.

Yes it rings a bell but I said rarely. Bring me a long list of loses from our recent championships at the hands of weaker teams. Last year we won nothing.

I believe the 2000 team lost to a horrible duluth team the first game of the wcha playoffs that year. that being said tech is a good team and will give us fits if we are not ready to play.

INCH has michigan tech at #17. This is gona be a good weekend of hockey with the sioux showing what they can do!

<a href="http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0708/polls_0606.htm" target="_blank">http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0708/polls_0606.htm</a>

POLLS

USCHO

sioux #1, m-tech #14 - wcha has 8 teams in top 20 with duluth and uaa getting in!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

USA TODAY

sioux #1, m-tech #15, wcha has 6 in top 15 with uaa and umd looking in

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/usatmen.htm

In my opinion, the #1 national ranking should matter. It should be something the guys should take pride on, they should use it as something to motivate themselves. "No one pushes around, much less beats, the #1 team in the country!" is what they should be saying to themselves.

I believe that the team, with the guidance of Hak, understands that having that #1 puts an even larger target on the team, meaning that they have to work harder to beat teams, as teams will be working harder to beat them.

Fri

4-1

Sat

3-2

Both Sioux "W"s

That's not completely true. I had very little pixelating in the second period only. Besides that it worked great the whole game.

I put this on a previous post but Ill try again. What can you do to better your webcasts if anything? Obviously by not running anything else on your computer other than the webcast helps but does one connection better that others. Like I have cable, but should I have something different. Setting your computers settings a cerain way, ect? I dont see how some people could have no issues versus others. Any computer wizzards out there? :)

I dont think this link is working?

link opened for me. i have seen a tech webcast last year i think. we always have TH as backup for non tv games if the webcast craps out. whatever works.

you can get the 11.95 month package which will get both sioux games so 6.00 a game. easliy worth it.

https://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSelect.db...amp;SPSID=90383

I put this on a previous post but Ill try again. What can you do to better your webcasts if anything? Obviously by not running anything else on your computer other than the webcast helps but does one connection better that others. Like I have cable, but should I have something different. Setting your computers settings a cerain way, ect? I dont see how some people could have no issues versus others. Any computer wizzards out there? :)

Sometimes it's how many people are on, but generally, if you have other things taking some of your internet bandwidth, then that is bandwidth that cannot be used for the stream. It doesn't usually have much to do with doing other things with the computer that aren't using the net.

Also, it is not just bandwidth for your computer. It could be your allotted bandwidth for your apartment, dorm, port, etc. For instance, if I am streaming video in one room, and my friend is streaming in the other room, that will hurt our video performance. Maybe your dorm has a bandwidth restriction preventing mass downloading or streaming?

Also, it is not just bandwidth for your computer. It could be your allotted bandwidth for your apartment, dorm, port, etc. For instance, if I am streaming video in one room, and my friend is streaming in the other room, that will hurt our video performance. Maybe your dorm has a bandwidth restriction preventing mass downloading or streaming?

And what in the world is wrong with your friend not watching the Sioux. There's something wrong with that kid.

And what in the world is wrong with your friend not watching the Sioux. There's something wrong with that kid.

haha. No actually Im not in a dorm, but an apartment on south end Grand Forks. Just one laptop(HP pavilion dv2000) and its begging to see a good webcast :) We have cable connection not wireless if thats what your talking about. So theres ways to change your bandwidth :huh: And AZsioux, you said you have TH as backup, do you mean radio? Also that link didn't work that you just put up. No idea.

haha. No actually Im not in a dorm, but an apartment on south end Grand Forks. Just one laptop(HP pavilion dv2000) and its begging to see a good webcast :) We have cable connection not wireless if thats what your talking about. So theres ways to change your bandwidth :huh: And AZsioux, you said you have TH as backup, do you mean radio? Also that link didn't work that you just put up. No idea.

yes thats radio. you have to sign up for the radio feed on fightingsioux.com and then it will work. worked perfect for me as always.

Tech is updating their athletic webpage and they suck at it. That's why the web address is messed up right now.

THanks. yeah I get the page to pop up and on top it says web page not found and the most I get as an option is entering a username and password plus a HOME and CONTACT US on the top left. WOW ghetto. How are people suppose to find the video link for the weekend :)

THanks. yeah I get the page to pop up and on top it says web page not found and the most I get as an option is entering a username and password plus a HOME and CONTACT US on the top left. WOW ghetto. How are people suppose to find the video link for the weekend :)

still have 4 days til the game. i wouldnt worry about it til gameday