SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_2980.JPGtn_IMG_3062.JPG

SIOUX

2-0-1 overall. 3 non conference games. Wins over Mich St and Northeastern and tied BC in the FOG OUT. Phil is on his game along with the D overall. 0 goals given up in 3 games. If we can slide a few past their goalies each game we will be fine. No matter where you go on the road in the WCHA it will be a hell of a battle and points are not easy to come by. Tech is a improved team over the last couple of years so its off to Houghton. GO SIOUX

SIOUX STATS

HUSKIES

3-1-0 overall. 2 WCHA wins over MSU. 2-0 and 7-1. Lost to northern michigan first game of the year and beat lake superior in 2nd game. There goalies have each played 2 games. Teslak 1-1-0 and Nolan is 2-0-0.

MTU STATS

MTU HOCKEY

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that anything less than 2 points is unacceptable. I would hope The Fighting Sioux plays hard and lays some smack down on the huskies after embarrassed the Sioux last season in the REA. I would hope they come out and hustle and out work the Huskies. I am one of those people that realize that MTU is improved but I also don't believe all the hype. Sure they are a 4-7 place team in the WCHA, but UND should win against the Huskies. Getting swept by this team last season was unacceptable and the Sioux should have a bad taste in their mouth and should play with an edge this weekend.

It is never easy to win on the road, anywhere, in the WCHA. The trip is long and tiring. The hype is high. Like us, Tech returns the

large nucleus of its Final Five team from last year and has one heck of a coach. The ice will be firm and fast. There will be no Northeastern caliber squads anywhere to be seen. While a sweep or three points is certainly well within reach, coming home with zero or one is near equally plausible. I'll take a split here with no problem, and with no crying about it. An early season loss might just be what the hockey doctor orders to get alot of heads out of the clouds. Both on the team and in the stands.

These are not easy games. I think Tech is a legit NCAA tourney bubble team. But that said, if the Sioux are the special team we hope they are, they will take care of business. I think losing points here and there are OK as long as the team plays well. Sometimes goalies steal points, and Tech has goalies that can do that. UND needs to use their speed, size, and skill advantages and put up 40 shots a night.

The Huskies webcast shuts down when too many people log on, so no doubt Sioux fans will lock it up in no time.

NU sold 250 $5 subscriptions on Saturday night, which was enough to lock up the webcast after a period.

I'm prepared to listen to TH only, unless they beam this thing up to a satellite on KU band. The only games in their TV schedule, however, are opponent telecasts (FSN's, FSSN, local TV, etc).

I don't understand why anywhere we go doesn't have TV broadcasting capable of being sent to a channel we can get... it's ridiculous this is not the 18th century... and if they don't have TV they have an internet broadcast capable of holding 15 fans before it starts being crappy for some of them. Venting complete...

That's not completely true. I had very little pixelating in the second period only. Besides that it worked great the whole game.

You're right; should have said locked for most of us. No doubt a dozen or so with the most direct pipeline to the server used the bandwidth the rest of us were competing for. Now we know you were one of the problems :)

If the Sioux play like they did against Michigan State, they will get one for sure, but will struggle for the other game. If they played like they did this weekend, they will be lucky to split.

Lammy gives up his first goals this weekend.

I completely agree, they need to come out ready to play both nights. If I have one complaint with Hak it's that during his first 3+ years there have been numerous times when the team comes out flat and not ready to play, they need to remedy that quick if they are going to be the "special" team we all think they can be. If we come out flying and play our game Tech will be lucky to split, let's make them match our intensity. First goal will be huge both nights. That being said Sioux 3-1 Friday, Tech 2-1 Sat.

Northeastern was the perfect practice game heading to Mich Tech. Like NE there will be no quit in Tech's game and goals will be difficult to come by. If the Sioux are ready to play both nights I predict a sweep 3-1 Friday and 2-0 Saturday. Sadly, getting a certain referee would negate this prediction.

Will Hak Platoon Marto and Lapoint again?

Northeastern was the perfect practice game heading to Mich Tech. Like NE there will be no quit in Tech's game and goals will be difficult to come by. If the Sioux are ready to play both nights I predict a sweep 3-1 Friday and 2-0 Saturday. Sadly, getting a certain referee would negate this prediction.

Will Hak Platoon Marto and Lapoint again?

I think so, Marto seemed to do fine out there. The third pair doesn't see the major ice time so it doesn't seem like he was out there all that much. I think both these guys will be good players.

I think that anything less than 2 points is unacceptable. I would hope The Fighting Sioux plays hard and lays some smack down on the huskies after embarrassed the Sioux last season in the REA. I would hope they come out and hustle and out work the Huskies. I am one of those people that realize that MTU is improved but I also don't believe all the hype. Sure they are a 4-7 place team in the WCHA, but UND should win against the Huskies. Getting swept by this team last season was unacceptable and the Sioux should have a bad taste in their mouth and should play with an edge this weekend.

sorry goon, i bolded my favorite word used regarding winning :huh: makes me laugh. doesnt matter on the road in the wcha. every team will come out strong. we will come out flying this weekend. just wait and see. and yes phil will give up some goals, or will he :)

That's not completely true. I had very little pixelating in the second period only. Besides that it worked great the whole game.

i didnt have 1 problem. worded perfect all game for me.

and i will for sure buy the tech webcast, if it fails oh well.

LOL oh no not again! I just finished washing the bus that the team is taking.. I put extra special care into the process hopefully that will in some way contribute to our weekend..

Greenwinger....they take a bus to Houghton? I figured they would be flying. Will they be leaving Friday morning, or Thursday? That would be a hell of a day if they have to leave Friday. What does the bus look like? Is it all tricked out in green, or is it a pretty non-descript coach bus.

Thanks!!

Oh, also, my predictions....I think Hak will get these guys ship shape this week, and I think Osh will have big games. I look for 6-1 Friday, and 5-2 Saturday.

Back in the day, I had heard that this trip is a good bonding trip. They boys leave Wednesday or Thursday, stay overnight in Duluth, and enjoy the bus ride to Houghton at a slow pace.

They return home after the game on Saturday, stopping more than once to stretch their legs after a tough two-night stint of hard skating. In between, popcorn, movies, sleep, and talk of ladies in the night.

Goon's right on. I don't care if MT is improved. We're the #1 team in the nation for God's sake. We need to bury teams like this. We cannot afford to drop games we should win. And these are games we should win. We've got the #1 team in the nation riding the hottest goalie in the country. When I look back on previous SIOUX WCHA Championship years, rarely did we lose those games. We should expect nothing less than a Sioux sweep.

Lots of folks are parading out this "No. 1 team in the nation" candy. It don't mean jack.

The last few years, when the Goofie fans were flying that flag, many said it don't matter a lick.

It doesn't. In college hockey, perhaps more than any other major sport, No. 1 means nothing, especially this early, and especially since, top to bottom, No. 12 or 15 can beat No. 1 or 3 on any given weekend of the year.

Tech is no slouch. Who is to say that these are games that we should win just because we are No. 1?

Whoever wants the puck more will win these games.

Lots of folks are parading out this "No. 1 team in the nation" candy. It don't mean jack.

The last few years, when the Goofie fans were flying that flag, many said it don't matter a lick.

It doesn't. In college hockey, perhaps more than any other major sport, No. 1 means nothing, especially this early, and especially since, top to bottom, No. 12 or 15 can beat No. 1 or 3 on any given weekend of the year.

Tech is no slouch. Who is to say that these are games that we should win just because we are No. 1? Whoever wants the puck more will win these games.

agreed. its gona be talked about though. its how it goes. polls shmolls right!! we will come out flying this weekend and make a statement. they have 2 good goalies but we have 1 ourselves and a great defense in front of him. lets start with friday then go from there. go siouxxxx

and i dont think fans here think we should win because we are #1. who cares. we will show what we can do in our first 2 wcha games!