SiouxSports.com Forum

Bison win

superdupersioux

"NDSU dominated the Gophers for the second year in a row." What have you been smoking. They lost last year and had to depend on a blocked punt to eke out a 27-21 win. When I say dominate I mean on the scoreboard. A 35-7 bison win would have impressed me, the 27-21 win, not so much.

DG

Next time you say something you might want to explain it better. :) Your right about NDSU, they didn't dominate the scoreboard BUT they did dominate everything else.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"NDSU dominated the Gophers for the second year in a row." What have you been smoking. They lost last year and had to depend on a blocked punt to eke out a 27-21 win. When I say dominate I mean on the scoreboard. A 35-7 bison win would have impressed me, the 27-21 win, not so much.

DG

This is a fourth-year transition program against an established Big Ten program with the resources that go along with that. You must not be easily impressed.

"I appreciate Coach Lennon, the man and the coach. He has been great for the Sioux football program. Having said that, he is not as good at either recruiting or game day coaching as Coach Bohl has proven to be. He will have to get better in both areas, both personally and as a staff."

Is this quote serious?

I would wonder how you came to this conslusion. Lennon is undefeated against Bohl. Doesn't mean anything other than he won the only game they coached against each other. He can flat out coach. So can Bohl. If you are still confused ask coaches who have no alligiance to the two schools. They will tell you both of these guys are excellent coaches and recruiters.

I have personally witnessed both men recruiting and Lennon is every bit as good as Bohl as a recruiter. He is outstanding. His recruiting classes this year and last year are outstanding despite the planned D1 move. Maybe your personal experience is different. Feel free to explain.

Too many people get confused by how the teams do in a particular game. These guys records speak for themselves and there is no reason to try claim one guy is better than another. They are both outstanding coaches. It is as simple as that.

I would wonder how you came to this conslusion. Lennon is undefeated against Bohl. Doesn't mean anything other than he won the only game they coached against each other. He can flat out coach. So can Bohl. If you are still confused ask coaches who have no alligiance to the two schools. They will tell you both of these guys are excellent coaches and recruiters.

I have personally witnessed both men recruiting and Lennon is every bit as good as Bohl as a recruiter. He is outstanding. His recruiting classes this year and last year are outstanding despite the planned D1 move. Maybe your personal experience is different. Feel free to explain.

Too many people get confused by how the teams do in a particular game. These guys records speak for themselves and there is no reason to try claim one guy is better than another. They are both outstanding coaches. It is as simple as that.

So do you have a son that was recruited by both coaches or were you recruited by both? What year, just wondering.

So do you have a son that was recruited by both coaches or were you recruited by both? What year, just wondering.

Not sure what you meant by the question. It may mean I have a role at a high school where kids are recruited by both guys and I think they both do a good job. Our HS coaches (who are very good and highly respected) speak highly of both of these guys. (My kids ACT score was over 30 so he was overqualified to go to the AC and he wasn't good enough in FB to play at either school). I did have the pleasure of telling Bohl he didn't belong on the sideline of our HS team during the game when he was recruiting and he was polite enough to leave without incident.

Some of you guys remind me of the 5 yr olds who keep having to compare their manhood and think if they stretch the hell out of their monkey that makes them better than someone else. They are both good coaches and recruiters and to say otherwise would lead me to believe that person has no clue as to what they are talking aobut . The records of both coaches speak louder than my or your observations.

Not sure what you meant by the question. It may mean I have a role at a high school where kids are recruited by both guys and I think they both do a good job. Our HS coaches (who are very good and highly respected) speak highly of both of these guys. (My kids ACT score was over 30 so he was overqualified to go to the AC and he wasn't good enough in FB to play at either school). I did have the pleasure of telling Bohl he didn't belong on the sideline of our HS team during the game when he was recruiting and he was polite enough to leave without incident.

Some of you guys remind me of the 5 yr olds who keep having to compare their manhood and think if they stretch the hell out of their monkey that makes them better than someone else. They are both good coaches and recruiters and to say otherwise would lead me to believe that person has no clue as to what they are talking aobut . The records of both coaches speak louder than my or your observations.

Hey, I didn't mean anything more than what the question said, I think you read to much into it. Thanks for the reply though. I agree, I think both men are excellent coaches, just wondering what your experience was since you brought it up.

Very interesting. Iowa State is on the waiting list, which means Minnesota is regarded as worse than Iowa State. It is funny that no one is talking about the fact that Northern Iowa beat Iowa State this year 24-13, last year lost to Iowa Stae 28-27 on a last second score, and were beaten at home last year by the Sioux. I'm not taking anything away from NDSU, but doesn't Iowa State have at least equal bragging rights? They are a top D1AA team every year. This would suggest that UND will make a pretty good transition to D1AA or FSC.

I don't know why but for some reason I suspect you are full of s&!t. Your statement has zero credibility.

Basically it boils down to this.....(and this isn't an excuse, I HATE the football team)

The BEST TEAM IN NDSU HISTORY (and they'll probably not see a team like this for another 10-15 years after the coaching staff is picked apart and recruiting takes a step backwards) beat THE WORST TEAM IN UMN HISTORY. You take a BAD defense, then take away their three best players (read sexual assult before the season and Brewster doing the only acceptable thing and cutting the players immediately), and you get a group of 11 players that have absolutely no business being on a Big Ten field.

Have a good playoff run Bison......oh wait........ :crazy:

Although this is a horrendous Gopher team, the 1983 Gopher team was never once in a game and gave up plenty more points.

Although this is a horrendous Gopher team, the 1983 Gopher team was never once in a game and gave up plenty more points.

You could argue whether or not this is the best AC team ever. Some of the guys from those teams in the 1980's might take exception. I might agree with them.

This is a very good team however. A win over any big 10 team is big and this was a big win no matter how much the Gophers are down. (We still talk about the near win over the Gophers in 1974 and they weren't that good then either and it wasn't one of our best UND teams). The cupboard was left pretty bare by Mason, but a number of these kids did play last year when they had more wins and went to a bowl game so I don't think you can say none of those guys should be playing in the big 10. Weber will get better, Barber beongs, Hightower belongs just to name three. Some of their young kids will be OK.

I would have liked to see us play the Gophers this year and if we could have won we would be thinking it was a pretty big deal too, because it would be. Best to let the AC and their fans enjoy this one. Anything else looks like sour grapes.

Technically it's 4, but you have a valid point. NDSU is currently in their 4th and final "meaningless" season. The last four years have been more meaningful for UND than they have for NDSU, but in all fairness I have to admit that the next four will be more meaningful for the Bison. You won't catch me saying the past four years have been more meaningful for one school and then contradicting myself by saying the next four will also be more meaningful for the same school. At least I'm consistent. Being playoff eligible in any division is better than being ineligible for the playoffs in any division. I'm not looking forward to going through the next four years without any hope of a playoff game, but I understand and accept that's the price for changing divisions. Once we get to that 5th year it'll all be worth it.

Once again your wrong dave - playing in big games have plenty of meaning. It's something that UND will want to do is schedule as many big games as possible during the transition.

Very interesting. Iowa State is on the waiting list, which means Minnesota is regarded as worse than Iowa State. It is funny that no one is talking about the fact that Northern Iowa beat Iowa State this year 24-13

I've watched Iowa State and Minnesota both a couple times this year, and Iowa State is better that the Goofs. They have a better record in the Big 10 to prove it. :crazy: I'm sure there is plenty of talk down in Iowa about UNI just like there is here about NDSU. When UNI beat ISU there was lots of buzz about it as well. It happens whenever a I-AA beats a I-A, and especially when a foe from a major I-A conference goes down like they did in these two cases.

Personally, I think UNI is currently the best team in FCS, no disrespect to NDSU. And it has nothing to do with the fact that the Sioux beat them a year ago, because that was a different team.

I've watched Iowa State and Minnesota both a couple times this year, and Iowa State is better that the Goofs. They have a better record in the Big 10 to prove it. :crazy: I'm sure there is plenty of talk down in Iowa about UNI just like there is here about NDSU. When UNI beat ISU there was lots of buzz about it as well. It happens whenever a I-AA beats a I-A, and especially when a foe from a major I-A conference goes down like they did in these two cases.

Personally, I think UNI is currently the best team in FCS, no disrespect to NDSU. And it has nothing to do with the fact that the Sioux beat them a year ago, because that was a different team.

Have you seen both teams play Bin? I am not trying to antagonize you either I am just curious, because I have not seen UNI play this year.

Have you seen both teams play Bin? I am not trying to antagonize you either I am just curious, because I have not seen UNI play this year.

I have seen both teams play this season, well on TV anyway. I think a UNI/NDSU game would be very close and almost impossible to predict. As good as the running game for NDSU looked against the Goofs, it's Walker and his steady and consistant passing that has impressed me the most for NDSU. It's a toss up.

I have seen both teams play this season, well on TV anyway. I think a UNI/NDSU game would be very close and almost impossible to predict. As good as the running game for NDSU looked against the Goofs, it's Walker and his steady and consistant passing that has impressed me the most for NDSU. It's a toss up.

I agree - Only when 2 teams meet head to head will anyone really know. Comparing scores doesn't tell much of the story.