SiouxSports.com Forum

Bison win

superdupersioux

I would like to thank all the UND fans that were at the game cheering on NDSU. I hope that you did not have to deal with too many drunk Bison fans making rude comments. I and my family appreciate you being there along with us. May your transition go well.

Maybe once all sides are ready to play nice (that includes all the fans) the games between our schools can resume.

Something about a chick making nice calms me...even if she has horns! :lol: I really CAN'T believe I'm saying this but congrats to the bison. Anything that puts ND over the goofs and potentially gives SidH a stroke is okay with me and best of luck! I'm sure you'll go far in the playoffs.......OOOPS*! :silly: - my bad!

(okay - seriously congrats!)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about a chick making nice calms me...even if she has horns! :) I really CAN'T believe I'm saying this but congrats to the bison. Anything that puts ND over the goofs and potentially gives SidH a stroke is okay with me and best of luck! I'm sure you'll go far in the playoffs.......OOOPS*! :silly: - my bad!

(okay - seriously congrats!)

I'm sure UND will go far too in their playoffs... :lol:

Also, well idk if you could compare this with unds win over SUU. SUU isnt in a FCS power conference. The Goophs are still inb the Big Ten.

I'm sure UND will go far too in their playoffs... :lol:

Also, well idk if you could compare this with unds win over SUU. SUU isnt in a FCS power conference. The Goophs are still inb the Big Ten.

Probably the WORST TEAM EVER in the big 10 but okay - I'm giving you props! what's the problem? IDK(sic) you want to compare scores...I'd think ndsu hosting suu should result in at least TWICE the points UND piled on them on their homefield (after all - we're climbing the HUGE ladder to FCS!!) So next weeks results (especially after this weeks big10 win should be...)

ndsu - 74

suu - 20

(anything else would be open to debate! ;) )

Basically it boils down to this.....(and this isn't an excuse, I HATE the football team)

The BEST TEAM IN NDSU HISTORY (and they'll probably not see a team like this for another 10-15 years after the coaching staff is picked apart and recruiting takes a step backwards) beat THE WORST TEAM IN UMN HISTORY. You take a BAD defense, then take away their three best players (read sexual assult before the season and Brewster doing the only acceptable thing and cutting the players immediately), and you get a group of 11 players that have absolutely no business being on a Big Ten field.

Have a good playoff run Bison......oh wait........ :silly:

The gophers gave 100% for this game, they gave the bison everything they had. Last year the gopher effort was less than 100% and you could question their motiviation, but not yesterday. Those of you who would like to discount this win for your own purposes don't know what you are taking about. That team in green is good, and they took everything that the gopher threw at them today and won.

That was not an emontionless, punchless team wearing maroom today. They had everything on the line today including their personal pride and the future of their program. They were tough and motivated, and it showed on the field. The bison D held them to 21 points, a real accomplishment. Their D just wore down at the hands of a punishing rushing game. The gophers are not built to handling that type of an offense.

I have the full gopher slate on Tivo (as a fan), and they have improved each week. That was not a punchless, defeated team. They did not lay down, they gave everything. They lost.

If you don't have the SportsHuddle with Sid and Dave on right now...you're missing THE BEST COMEDY ON RADIO! The callers are raining *hit on the gophers!...Brewster is being cordial...Sid is...well..SID but he keeps calling them NORTH DAKOTA :lol::)

Brewsters comment on future games was..."why do we want 30,000 hostile fans in our stadium?" It's all SO uncomfortable... :silly:

OOPS! They just "lost" a caller from Breckenridge (Sid with his finger on the button: "I know where that was heading!" :silly: ) and they dumped a whole phone bank of callers to go to a segment about the Wild. Sid to Brewster: "North Dakota is going Division I someday..." (Apparently FCS doesn't qualify as division I in Sid's eyes) THIS IS KILLING ME! :lol::)

Bohl is outta there after this year.

Where to?

Nebraska would be smart to give him the shot, but that probably won't happen. It's too big of a jump.

I say Colorado State University. It's time for Sonny Lubick to retire. NDSU *is* a pipeline for coaches going to CSU.

Good run at NDSU, Coach Bohl. Good run!

Basically it boils down to this.....(and this isn't an excuse, I HATE the football team)

The BEST TEAM IN NDSU HISTORY (and they'll probably not see a team like this for another 10-15 years after the coaching staff is picked apart and recruiting takes a step backwards) beat THE WORST TEAM IN UMN HISTORY. You take a BAD defense, then take away their three best players (read sexual assult before the season and Brewster doing the only acceptable thing and cutting the players immediately), and you get a group of 11 players that have absolutely no business being on a Big Ten field.

Have a good playoff run Bison......oh wait........ :)

way to show the envy.

OOPS! They just "lost" a caller from Breckenridge (Sid with his finger on the button: "I know where that was heading!" :) ) and they dumped a whole phone bank of callers to go to a segment about the Wild. Sid to Brewster: "North Dakota is going Division I someday..." (Apparently FCS doesn't qualify as division I in Sid's eyes) THIS IS KILLING ME! :huh::huh:

I don't think he would go to Nebraska because they just treated him like crap with making him the scape goat. why would Coach Bohl go to a team that may be worse than the team he is coaching?? Money can't be the only thing in that guys mind.

I don't think he would go to Nebraska because they just treated him like crap with making him the scape goat. why would Coach Bohl go to a team that may be worse than the team he is coaching?? Money can't be the only thing in that guys mind.

Tell me your not suggesting that coaching at NDSU is a better gig then at Nebraska?? Yes, Nebraska is struggling, but let's get real here...

The gophers gave 100% for this game, they gave the bison everything they had. Last year the gopher effort was less than 100% and you could question their motiviation, but not yesterday.

According to Phil Hanson when I listened WDAY, nobody on the Gopher sidelines except the freshman seemed to be into the game. He mentioned how the coaches weren't even talking to the offense when it came off the field. His comments gave the strong impression that neither the coaches nor most of the players were very motivated.

That's not to downplay NDSU's impressive accomplishment, but others at the game appear to disagree with your characterization of the Gophers giving it 100 percent.

According to Phil Hanson when I listened WDAY, nobody on the Gopher sidelines except the freshman seemed to be into the game. He mentioned how the coaches weren't even talking to the offense when it came off the field. His comments gave the strong impression that neither the coaches nor most of the players were very motivated.

That's not to downplay NDSU's impressive accomplishment, but others at the game appear to disagree with your characterization of the Gophers giving it 100 percent.

Let's give NDSU some credit here. For the second year in a row they have outplayed MN. Last year that MN team played in a bowl game. Whether you like the Bison or not, they went on the road and beat a Big 10 team. Phil Hansen actually said that the only people that appeared to be in the game were freshman that were waving towels because there was not a lot of communicating between coaches and players. Seriously, give some credit when it is earned.

Let's give NDSU some credit here. For the second year in a row they have outplayed MN.

I've given the Bison credit -- twice now.

Whether you like the Bison or not, they went on the road and beat a Big 10 team.

Where did I ever say or even imply that I didn't like it?

Phil Hansen actually said that the only people that appeared to be in the game were freshman that were waving towels because there was not a lot of communicating between coaches and players.

You just repeated what I said Hanson said. Thanks for backing me up.

Seriously, give some credit when it is earned.

Seriously. Lighten up. :)

I was at the game and it was a tremendous atmosphere. Very electric from the Bison perspective! NDSU played a good game and deserved the W.

But, I do feel that this game showed the difference between the Big 10 and FCS teams. The game was not a blowout except for the stats. Minnesota kept this Bison fan holding his breath.....and Minnesota is by far the worst in the Big 10. There is a huge difference between the Big 10 and the FCS!

But.....I am one very happy Bison fan. Thanks for the kind remarks Sioux Fans.

There is a huge difference between the Big 10 and the FCS!

Is there? I've made this point all along...yes...there is a difference but just the fact NDSU has had so much success in their transition when basically they didn't win squat in DII for the last decade - are you really telling me just adding 27 scholarships was the key to beating quality FCS and loser FBS teams??

If you added 27 outstanding athletes from Texas and California - I might agree but with names like Roehl, Gratzek, and Anderson - you're doing it with a lot of the same local athletes you used to win with in DII.

Face it - there isn't THAT much difference between the divisions as you have made it out to be. Better athletes - no doubt! Insurmountable odds? You guys have proven it not-so-much! UND has beaten the only 2 FCS teams they've faced despite dire (and WRONG) predictions by the same guys who walked over similiar competition and thought they were something special. Could ndsu beat Ohio State tomorrow? Probably not but stop acting like it's such a HUGE GULF between divisions when ndsu has (and UND will) prove there really isn't...

Is there? I've made this point all along...yes...there is a difference but just the fact NDSU has had so much success in their transition when basically they didn't win squat in DII for the last decade - are you really telling me just adding 27 scholarships was the key to beating quality FCS and loser FBS teams??

If you added 27 outstanding athletes from Texas and California - I might agree but with names like Roehl, Gratzek, and Anderson - you're doing it with a lot of the same local athletes you used to win with in DII.

Face it - there isn't THAT much difference between the divisions as you have made it out to be. Better athletes - no doubt! Insurmountable odds? You guys have proven it not-so-much! UND has beaten the only 2 FCS teams they've faced despite dire (and WRONG) predictions by the same guys who walked over similiar competition and thought they were something special. Could ndsu beat Ohio State tomorrow? Probably not but stop acting like it's such a HUGE GULF between divisions when ndsu has (and UND will) prove there really isn't...

I don't really think there's that big of gulf between the BIG 10 and NDSU this year. If we had 5 big time skill people on team the Bison would challenge alot of FBC teams. Nice to see that you think it's going to be so easy for UND to transition to DI (We do make it look easy).

Let's face it, the bison barely beat a bottom feeder of the Big Ten. This may be the worst Gopher football team of all time and will be lucky to finish out of last place. So if the Gophs are a horrible football team and the bison have to hang on to barely pull out a win what does it make them. Now if ndsu had dominated Saturday's game I might pay attention to their delusional outbursts!

DG

Tell me your not suggesting that coaching at NDSU is a better gig then at Nebraska?? Yes, Nebraska is struggling, but let's get real here...

We don't have to worry about Bohl going to Nebraska because the fans would go crazy! If it were'nt for that I would give Bohl an excelent shot because of his relationship with Osbourne. And for the money a big conference team can throw at a coach it is going to be hard to keep him long. If he's here next year I will be delightfully suprised!! It's the problem with success at this level.

I don't really think there's that big of gulf between the BIG 10 and NDSU this year. If we had 5 big time skill people on team the Bison would challenge alot of FBC teams. Nice to see that you think it's going to be so easy for UND to transition to DI (We do make it look easy).

Well I guess the week of being united is over.