SiouxSports.com Forum

BC's rink, what a joke

01grad

Even the old ralph, or wait, even the old barn sounds like it was better than BC's current arena. We all know that nothing stands to compare to the Ralph, but this arena in Boston sounds like crap.

I hope their season goes the same way as the arena they play in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the old ralph, or wait, even the old barn sounds like it was better than BC's current arena. We all know that nothing stands to compare to the Ralph, but this arena and location in Boston sounds like crap.

I hope their season goes the same way as the arena they play in.

Sounds like a problem on the power grid.

Hey, as big of a joke as this was tonight, lets not all forget that we have had some serious ice quality issues ourselves at the Ralph.

the new ralph? there was only one power outage that i can think of, and i dont think it affected play...any others?

Just got back to my hotel from the BC game. The rink is a joke, it was built without AC !

According to some BC fans this is the third straight year they have had to cancel a game.

Pathetic for any DI school to have to play in a rink like this.

If I was Hak I would tell Jerry York that if he wants to play the Sioux at home again he should consider an up grade or using the TD Bank Boston Garden. If not they can travel to UND this is a travesty and the Sioux were turning it on and on the verge of taking the game over.

If I was Hak I would tell Jerry York that if he wants to play the Sioux at home again he should consider an up grade or using the TD Bank Boston Garden. If not they can travel to UND this is a travesty and the Sioux were turning it on and on the verge of taking the game over.

The Celtics canceled their game tonight because of excess moisture as well so it must be a common them in Boston.

The Celtics canceled their game tonight because of excess moisture as well so it must be a common them in Boston.

Well that game was held at the DCU Centre in Worcester, which is about an hour South of Boston . . . but much like Conte, it's a dump.

FK BC and their 2nd rate arena. dont go back there until they get a new arena or invest in a AC those cheap bastards..... im sorry to the fans who spent their hard earned money to watch that bullsh$%. lets go kick northeastern and go home to a real arena.

sorry, just still heated. just a joke of a hockey night

FK BC and their 2nd rate arena. dont go back there until they get a new arena or invest in a AC those cheap bastards..... im sorry to the fans who spent their hard earned money to watch that bullsh$%. lets go kick northeastern and go home to a real arena.

sorry, just still heated. just a joke of a hockey night

There is no excuse for a top ranked program like Boston College to have such a piss poor arena.

Its a gong show and on national television to boot. Boston College could afford to get this problem fixed.

They even said that they were going to have a problem with the arena. They should have moved the game.

Boston is a huge city and they have more than enough arenas to have a game in. The school should be ashamed of its self.

'Twas a real bummer watching THE marquee matchup in college hockey this weekend get pulled because of poor ice.

All in all, it was a ballsy, and likely correct, decision by the refs to blow the whistle on the game. The chance of injuries

to players in such conditions is very real. No sense rolling those dice for no good reason.

It really is amazing that BC's so-called storied history over the years has not allowed it to build both a bigger and a better arena.

I well suspect that the private school has loads of money, and countless monied-up alumni. They could get a building

done in no time if someone there had the gonads to head the charge. Maybe this absolute embarrassment

will result in just that. If and when BC does build a new building, the Sioux should open it up for them. Until then, a firm thanks, but no thanks,

wiill be in order on any future regular season visits there. Why spend a ton of money to travel to BC, only to run the apparently very real risk of playing a lousy two periods in slushy conditions at great risk of injury?

Jerry York. C'mon Jerry York. You're supposed to be the Puff Daddy of the Hockey East. Get it done. Until then, see you later.

First, no AC? What a joke.

Next, this has happened before but no resolution? For this reason I believe BC should be forced to forfeit this game.

But, I will say that I'll take the two period road tie at BC over a "fog puck" catching JPL blind or someone getting hurt from second-rate playing conditions.

First, no AC? What a joke.

Next, this has happened before but no resolution? For this reason I believe BC should be forced to forfeit this game.

But, I will say that I'll take the two period road tie at BC over a "fog puck" catching JPL blind or someone getting hurt from second-rate playing conditions.

I agree this was no fault of UND's and they should have to forfeit since there arena is second rate. Ia m glad that we got out there with no garbage goal going in and no big injuries. But BC should have to forfeit the game, there arena there problem andthey still get a point. That is piss poor.

It is a black eye for the NCAA once again. As I have stated many times the level of officiating and quality of facilities have failed to keep up with improvements to the quality of the players and games. The NCAA needs to stop wasting their time and money on frivolous issues and fix their product.

I have tried turning some of my Canadian friends onto the DI games versus Junior hockey and having players like Toews was helping to catch their attention. I had advised them that they should watch the free webcast last night as it promised to be an early season clash of two titans with some top Pro Prospects. I can't wait to hear their comments about the quality of NCAA hockey come Monday morning.

I am really glad that I didn't waste 12 hours of my life on a return trip drive to Boston and the cost of tickets and hotels to witness this fiasco. I feel bad for the Sioux fans who did and I would be embarassed to be a BC hockey fan or Hockey East executive today.

I agree this was no fault of UND's and they should have to forfeit since there arena is second rate. Ia m glad that we got out there with no garbage goal going in and no big injuries. But BC should have to forfeit the game, there arena there problem andthey still get a point. That is piss poor.

Points are earned only in conference games. This was a non-conference game.

It is a black eye for the NCAA once again. As I have stated many times the level of officiating and quality of facilities have failed to keep up with improvements to the quality of the players and games. The NCAA needs to stop wasting their time and money on frivolous issues and fix their product.

I have tried turning some of my Canadian friends onto the DI games versus Junior hockey and having players like Toews was helping to catch their attention. I had advised them that they should watch the free webcast last night as it promised to be an early season clash of two titans with some top Pro Prospects. I can't wait to hear their comments about the quality of NCAA hockey come Monday morning.

I am really glad that I didn't waste 12 hours of my life on a return trip drive to Boston and the cost of tickets and hotels to witness this fiasco. I feel bad for the Sioux fans who did and I would be embarassed to be a BC hockey fan or Hockey East executive today.

I flew across the country, fought terrible traffic, walked through the rain because the arena is placed in a hard-to-get-to area...only to get this!