SiouxSports.com Forum

BC's rink, what a joke

01grad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to North Dakota athletic department--PLEASE play at Princeton soon.

Reasons why--

1--Only 45 minutes from my home

2--Baker Rink is like a butchers freezer

3--Only 45 minutes from my home

4--Two guaranteed wins!

5--Centrally located in the middle of the state for all of the Sioux fans in New Jersey

6--And did I mention it is only 45 minutes from my home :)

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Note to North Dakota athletic department--PLEASE play at Princeton soon.

Reasons why--

1--Only 45 minutes from my home

2--Baker Rink is like a butchers freezer

3--Only 45 minutes from my home

4--Two guaranteed wins!

5--Centrally located in the middle of the state for all of the Sioux fans in New Jersey

6--And did I mention it is only 45 minutes from my home :huh:

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Hey JFR,

Isn't Princeton only about 45 minutes from your home? :)

We had to return the favor to BC for coming to Grand Forks in the 2003-2004 season. The same goes for Northeastern. We actually played at BC and Northeastern in their home rinks in the 2004-2005 season. And then in 2005-2006 Northeastern played 2 games in Grand Forks. So now it's the 2007-2008 season and we had to finish playing each team a game respectively in their home rinks.

So...the schools set up the schedules, and not the NCAA? Is that how it works? Sorry, just not up to speed on this. I guess I assumed someone in "NCAA Scheduling" set this all up...but it sounds as if the schools get together on the schedules, sort of making deals?

Thanks

So...the schools set up the schedules, and not the NCAA? Is that how it works? Sorry, just not up to speed on this. I guess I assumed someone in "NCAA Scheduling" set this all up...but it sounds as if the schools get together on the schedules, sort of making deals?

Thanks

yes all schools set up their schedules. the only thing the NC$$ controls and sets up is the NC$$ tourney. when dealing with most non conference teams they usually make home and home deal like described by sioux fanatic above.

Hi everybody, this is my 1st post. I'm a long time fan of UND athletics. I was stoked to watch the game last night only to have that plan foiled after 2 periods due to a crappy BC rink. I live in Texas and watching UND hockey on the tube is a rarity so its really special when I can catch the Fighting Sioux on TV. I can't believe the Northeast still has rinks that are subpar. BC should be ashamed at their facility. We have a few rinks here in central Texas where it's hotter than hell and we still don't have the problems BC had last night. The oldest facility here in San Antonio that can host hockey games was built in 1949, and I cannot recall that place EVER having a problem with fog.

GO SIOUX!!

You need to purchase the dish to get FSSN. It's well worth the money and about the only way to watch the games.

Your right about the facilities down here. The CHL team in fort worth use to play at will rogers/fort worth convention center and who knows when they were built. They never have a problem but they also never come close to getting 8K fans. A friend of mine is a season ticket holder for the stars and when they played at reunion in dallas they would bring in extra air conditioners and pipe out the hot air if it was getting warm, especially durring playoffs. They were a little proactive with the situation. I am sure the ice wasn't the greatest but they sure as hell didn't have to call the games due to fog.

Do you guys whine about everything?

Holy S***! Nothing like traveling 1706 (one way) miles to only play on crappy ice, and then to have the game called after two periods.

Would a person have to lose an appendage to have the right to whine?

I'm glad to have made the trip to the dump they call the Metrodome instead of Boston. It's ALWAYS good to see the gophers lose.