SiouxSports.com Forum

BC's rink, what a joke

01grad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys whine about everything?

I can't speak for everyone but I like whine; especially with some cheese, crackers and good hockey. :love:

I had thought about going east for these games but couldn't go 'cause of the job. Glad I didn't. Those BC players wanted to win this one as badly as our boys did. I'm also sure they and their fans think this was crap too!!!

Hi everybody, this is my 1st post. I'm a long time fan of UND athletics. I was stoked to watch the game last night only to have that plan foiled after 2 periods due to a crappy BC rink. I live in Texas and watching UND hockey on the tube is a rarity so its really special when I can catch the Fighting Sioux on TV. I can't believe the Northeast still has rinks that are subpar. BC should be ashamed at their facility. We have a few rinks here in central Texas where it's hotter than hell and we still don't have the problems BC had last night. The oldest facility here in San Antonio that can host hockey games was built in 1949, and I cannot recall that place EVER having a problem with fog.

GO SIOUX!!

Points are earned only in conference games. This was a non-conference game.

But it's still an important game to win or lose as non-conference games figure quite strongly in the post season selection/placement calculations. I guess we should be happy that we didn't lose in a fluke goal or something like that.

But it's still an important game to win or lose as non-conference games figure quite strongly in the post season selection/placement calculations. I guess we should be happy that we didn't lose in a fluke goal or something like that.

of course every non conference game is very important but thats correct for those who may not know. the point system is used in wcha games ONLY and not non conference games unlike the nhl. 2 points for a win. 1 point for a tie.

I think this should be looked at as an opportunity to "make" BC come out to the Ralph next year.

why did we go there anyways or will BC be coming to the ralph next year? was it just that we needed to play northeastern for them coming to the ralph 2 years back so we parlayed it with a game vs BC? we made the same trip in 04/05 when we lost to BC and tied northeastern. BC hasnt been to the ralph since 03/04.

We have a few rinks here in central Texas where it's hotter than hell and we still don't have the problems BC had last night. The oldest facility here in San Antonio that can host hockey games was built in 1949, and I cannot recall that place EVER having a problem with fog.

I'm no expert but I think it had more to do with the humidity then the heat. I would imagine it isn't that humid in central texas

why did we go there anyways or will BC be coming to the ralph next year? was it just that we needed to play northeastern for them coming to the ralph 2 years back so we parlayed it with a game vs BC? we made the same trip in 04/05 when we lost to BC and tied northeastern. BC hasnt been to the ralph since 03/04.

We had to return the favor to BC for coming to Grand Forks in the 2003-2004 season. The same goes for Northeastern. We actually played at BC and Northeastern in their home rinks in the 2004-2005 season. And then in 2005-2006 Northeastern played 2 games in Grand Forks. So now it's the 2007-2008 season and we had to finish playing each team a game respectively in their home rinks.

Hi everybody, this is my 1st post. I'm a long time fan of UND athletics. I was stoked to watch the game last night only to have that plan foiled after 2 periods due to a crappy BC rink. I live in Texas and watching UND hockey on the tube is a rarity so its really special when I can catch the Fighting Sioux on TV. I can't believe the Northeast still has rinks that are subpar. BC should be ashamed at their facility. We have a few rinks here in central Texas where it's hotter than hell and we still don't have the problems BC had last night. The oldest facility here in San Antonio that can host hockey games was built in 1949, and I cannot recall that place EVER having a problem with fog.

GO SIOUX!!

Welcome! Too bad this game sucked so bad to watch.

I was listening to the game on the radio and it sounded like the fog game between the Eagles and Bears long ago. Why did they allow the game to be played in such horrible conditions I think the game should have been moved to the Boston Garden or where ever the Bruins play. Its not fair that we get a stinking tie out of a 2 period foggy game. Both teams thought the game was horrible and they should have a make-up game. If i was UND i would only schedule BC if its at a neutral site or at the Ralph. The NCAA should be ashamed of themselves to allow a game to be played in those conditions. Think of the injuries that could have occured, especially if the goalies couldn't see across the rink. :silly: