SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at WWU

WiSioux

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I was thinking. When you call 3 timouts like that, why not go for the TD if you are UND???

If they won't let us run out the clock then we need to run a play to run out the clock. If that play turns into a TD, it's not our fault their D couldn't stop us as easy as they stopped the clock.

It's to bad we probably won't be playing against them again if not ever.

Since we are joining a 5 team conference and they are joining a 5 team conference, I wouldn't be surprised if we see one of the two on our schedule for the next few years. Neither one of them have been bashful about playing FCS opponents in the past.

Since we are joining a 5 team conference and they are joining a 5 team conference, I wouldn't be surprised if we see one of the two on our schedule for the next few years. Neither one of them have been bashful about playing FCS opponents in the past.

I was going to make the same post on the DI schedule thread earlier today. We will definately see some DII schools on the FB schedule in the next couple of years. Central and Western Washington have been great opponents the last couple of years, they will need games once going back to the "new" 5 team Northwestern conference, and considering they have been great about playing us at DII, I am sure we will see both in the next couple of years during out DI transition. And the NSIC is getting pretty full, they won't be lookin for too many non-conference games. And when they do, it will probably be with DAC schools before UND, unless they are looking for a reasonable payday.

Look for Western Washington and Central Washington to be on or schudule in the next couple of years!

I was going to make the same post on the DI schedule thread earlier today. We will definately see some DII schools on the FB schedule in the next couple of years. Central and Western Washington have been great opponents the last couple of years, they will need games once going back to the "new" 5 team Northwestern conference, and considering they have been great about playing us at DII, I am sure we will see both in the next couple of years during out DI transition.
Agree CWU and WWU are possibly opponents, but isn't the GNAC going back to double round-robin scheduling? With WOU, Humboldt, and Dixie, they would have 8 games.

I wouldn't apologize to anyone for continuing to play the game with 1:08 left.

Put another way, if the Sioux just take a knee on 4th down, the game is not over. WWU might very well have scored, gotten the onside, and scored again. Its only "running up the score" when the game is out of reach, and when the opponent is not competitive.

This was no hapless opponent we were playing. WWU is a pretty good team that hung up 42 points on us.

Somebody caught Chappell from behind? Wow.

That's not how it happened. I am not sure which play your talking about, but the only plays when Chappel was tackled in the open field from behind or from the side were either because of him slowing to set up a block or a good pursuit angle by the safty. On the 90 yard TD run the safty took a bad angle and then he just outran everyone.

I do have to say thank you to all the parents and fans that made it out here for the game. With us Seattle Sioux and the rest, it was a excellent showing of fan support 1500 miles away from the Alerus, maybe 200 or more. Tried to be loud and proud on 3rd downs and the scores. Thank you again fans from ND for making the trip.

I just got home from watching the game.

UND's offense looked lathargic in the first half and were still very good. The Sioux O looked unstoppable in the 3rd quarter and the guys played at a noticably quicker pace. Most of the damage in the 3rd was on the ground and during the first half I wish they would have run the ball a little more. Dressler is a stud, but I couldn't honestly say he deserves the Harlon Hill without seeing all the canidates play. D2 football has a lot of good players.

The defense looked good at times and horrid at others. The WWU RB is a very good, he reminds me a little of Phillip Moore only smaller and can move laterally a little better. Almost all of the medium to long run plays occured on misdirection type plays where the backside of the Sioux defense overpursued, lost contain and paid for the lack of disipline. The secondary played a pretty good game overall, but as a team UND had some trouble tackling in the open field. The defense needs to clean in up, because WWU is a pretty good team but UND is going to see better offensive teams and can't afford to make those types of mistakes. The absolute lack of any pass rush is a major concern, but the Sioux didn't blitz nearly as much as I thought they would, it's hard to get pressure rushing 3 guys.

The officials were not great, but they were not bad either. They let a lot of holding go uncalled in the first half, and in the second half when they started calling it UND suffered even though WWU did at least as much if not more holding. The North Dakota State label from the ref. was funny, I think the trainer went out and corrected the guy shortly after he said it.

WWU is a pretty good football team with few very good football players. I thought the QB moved around and threw the ball pretty well. He seems to make the right choice and read almost every play and threw a couple very nice blocks to spring the RB on some run plays. RB is small, but fast and along with having great quickness and agility. The slant to WWU tall WR for a TD in the 2nd half was a great call, It looked like they had an ideal matchup and would try to throw him the fade again.

It was a pretty good UND crowd on hand at the game. It was nice to be able to attend a game in person again, it's been a long time.

I would guess that Coach Lennon is not happy at all with the defensive performance. It was extremely ugly at times, but most of the problems are very fixable things. Pass rush will be one of the more difficult things to improve, unless they start bringing more rushers almost all the time. Overpursuit and losing contain are typically the result of being to aggresive and not actually thinking about assignments, this is very fixable with coaching.

I do have to say thank you to all the parents and fans that made it out here for the game. With us Seattle Sioux and the rest, it was a excellent showing of fan support 1500 miles away from the Alerus, maybe 200 or more. Tried to be loud and proud on 3rd downs and the scores. Thank you again fans from ND for making the trip.

You all did a great job - we could definitely hear you!

It's hard to believe in this day and age that two teams could combine for over 100 points and neither team even attempted a field goal. I will never complain about a win, especially on the road, but I'd feel better about giving up so many points had it been against a team that was known as an offensive juggernaut. WWU had only scored a total of 38 points through their first two games.

I'm not sure about Bodoh, but I'd expect Stroup back next week, which should help. I believe Noah Dombrovski played last night for the first time this year (he entered the season as the expected starter at the strong side OLB), so at least the linebacking corps is starting to get healthy, assuming Stroup can go next week.

It's hard to believe in this day and age that two teams could combine for over 100 points and neither team even attempted a field goal. I will never complain about a win, especially on the road, but I'd feel better about giving up so many points had it been against a team that was known as an offensive juggernaut. WWU had only scored a total of 38 points through their first two games.

I'm not sure about Bodoh, but I'd expect Stroup back next week, which should help. I believe Noah Dombrovski played last night for the first time this year (he entered the season as the expected starter at the strong side OLB), so at least the linebacking corps is starting to get healthy, assuming Stroup can go next week.

Bodoh is in one of my classes, and he looked completely fine all last week.....