SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at WWU

WiSioux

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You caught that, huh? At one time that might have meant something, but not so much now. Not much there, but they do have a little roadside park if you need to relieve some of that wine intake. There is a decent amount of traffic on the road.

I'll be taking US 160 to US 191 both going north and hooking up to I 70 just before or in Colorado around Grand Junction. That was was a lot faster than going across south Colorado along the New Mexico border.

UND 63

WWU 42

Most ever points in a NCC game

21-21 at half... 3rd quarter was the difference. UND scored on first two drives while the Sioux defense made stops.

622 totals yards of offense for the Sioux, 319 passing, 303 rushing

Player of the Game:

Freund/Chappell

Chappell: 24 carries 214 yard, 4 TD... 521 yards rushing in two games

Dressler: 7 catches, 165 yards 2 TD

Freund: 17 of 22, 319 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT

Trenbeth: 5 catches 108 yards 2 TD

Meek:

We were overpursing things in the first half, we slowed everything down and it worked out. Garner looked like Lopez so that helped. Takes a break because he's out of breath, ends up just going to the lockerroom... the team is exhausted.

Lennon:

Worried that it might be a shootout. Defensively we're banged up. Proud that we never did panic... not used to being in a lot of these type of games. Opportunities missed defensively. Getting a win on the road is not easy but that's what we did. 3rd quarter was the key, got the score early, got a hold, then came back with another score. Gave us the margin we needed. Gotta give WW a lot of credit, kept coming back at us. Over 600 yards tonight, amazed by the fact the offensive was able to do what we did in someone else's home field on the road. The three true freshman are contributing and that's what you want. Pulling the shirts did good for them. Dressler big in the first, Chappell in the second... both playmakers. Gonna sing the school song and get on the plane and go home.

Chappell:

O-line plays their butts off. Came out a little flat, and they responded everytime we had the ball. At halftime we said we were going to get the backs into the game a little bit, and I got the call. The 90 yard TD, great blocking by everyone. Hasn't bought the O-line steak dinner yet, but they won't let him... haha. Hopefully the huge offensive yards don't stop. We've gotta keep it going, we'll see a lot of good teams down the road. Didn't see a lot of reps in practice this week, but that didn't stop him.

Brett Bauer (OL):

Lot of credit to Chappell... we give him tiny holes and he goes 90 yards. It's great to see him go that far... there is no one going to catch him... so we jogged down there to celebrate. We've been real good friends for four years... I can be on the left side and know what the right side is going to do. Got caught deep in the first half and had to pass a little more. Second half we were able to control the tempo of the game. It feels good to win, but we're not too overconfident. We're looking forward to homecoming.

Otto:

They stuck to their game plan, ran real well in the beginning. Started running some double, triple routes towards the end. Garner is quick, probably a top back in the country... doesn't go down easy. We prepared all week for the unusual formations, once they line up they have a lot of tendencies once they get into formation. They threw a couple new ones out there we didn't see on film but we handled them alright. On the interception, they ran an out and up... I came up on the out and saw him turn and knew he had to get going... got behind him and the reciever and the ball was thrown short so I just kinda ripped it out. At half we knew the defense needed to settle down and play Sioux D. Knew offensive was gonna put up big points in the second half and we had to contain them. The new guys are playing well in place of the injured players. We'd like our older guys back, but the new guys are ready to step up, know what they're doing, and played good.

Homecoming next weekend.... Augustana Vikings (back to back Viking games once again)