SiouxSports.com Forum

Big news in the wind

PCM

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am somewhat surprised by Buning's very positive comments about his time as AD.

From outward appearances, this seems a very ugly situation. It's got to be hard to get the next job with a situation like this in your wake, whether you are or are not to blame. Therefore, it seems wise and intelligent to bury as many hatchets as possible on the way out.

From outward appearances, this seems a very ugly situation. It's got to be hard to get the next job with a situation like this in your wake, whether you are or are not to blame. Therefore, it seems wise and intelligent to bury as many hatchets as possible on the way out.

Settlement

That was a larger settlement than I expected but it certainly does not "break the bank"!!

The thing I want to know is: if Bunning was doing this bad of a job why are they buying him out?

Isn't the University admiting fault with a settlement?

The thing I want to know is: if Bunning was doing this bad of a job why are they buying him out?

Isn't the University admiting fault with a settlement?

This isn't based on any inside information, and is simply my opinion, but if we assume Buning's salary was $123,000, that he wasn't paid during his LOA, and that his contract runs through July 30, he would have been due at most 10 and a half months' salary, or about $107,625. It's quite possible that some deep pocketed alum promised that he would pay that, plus an extra $40,000 or so, to simply make this go away instead of delaying things further with a few more weeks of LOA, plus potential litigation and the resulting costs. It does bother me to an extent that he's getting as much as he is, because 14 months' salary seems excessive for somebody who allegedly was not doing a good job and who presumably only had another approximately nine months remaining on his contract, but I don't think in any way does this mean that UND is admitting any sort of fault.

This isn't based on any inside information, and is simply my opinion, but if we assume Buning's salary was $123,000, that he wasn't paid during his LOA, and that his contract runs through July 30, he would have been due at most 10 and a half months' salary, or about $107,625. It's quite possible that some deep pocketed alum promised that he would pay that, plus an extra $40,000 or so, to simply make this go away instead of delaying things further with a few more weeks of LOA, plus potential litigation and the resulting costs. It does bother me to an extent that he's getting as much as he is, because 14 months' salary seems excessive for somebody who allegedly was not doing a good job and who presumably only had another approximately nine months remaining on his contract, but I don't think in any way does this mean that UND is admitting any sort of fault.

On the radio this morning, Harmeson said that senior staff like the AD often serve at the will of the President. That means they can be let go at any time, but they would get 12 months notice (which may also mean that they could be paid for 12 months if you want them to leave right away). If this is true, Buning is getting a couple of extra months pay to make this go away now.

Tom Buning interviewed by WDAZ, to be aired on thursday 11/15 at 5pm / 6pm and 10pm......Should be interesting to hear his side of the story....

My prediction there will be nothing to hear or see folks. The amount of silence surrounding this issue is deafening.

He looked like a cornball when he did those pushups. Or a local cheerleader

Jealous?

The majority of the fans loved it when he did them. How many ADs really get into the spirit of a FB game? I have consistently said, I don't know how well or poorly he did his job. I do know he seemed to be a big fan of Fighting Sioux Sports. I'm sick of all the back stabbing, "I heard from ..., that he.... the coaches, etc". Show a little class, quit pi$$ing on the grave and just let the man go.

Jealous?

The majority of the fans loved it when he did them. How many ADs really get into the spirit of a FB game? I have consistently said, I don't know how well or poorly he did his job. I do know he seemed to be a big fan of Fighting Sioux Sports. I'm sick of all the back stabbing, "I heard from ..., that he.... the coaches, etc". Show a little class, quit pi$$ing on the grave and just let the man go.

How is that back stabbing? We didn't promise Tom anything. UND didn't give out any information on the issue so the only way to get some sort of information are from places like siouxsports.com, which just happens to be a message board. What do you think message boards are? It is a place for people to say what they heard at the water cooler that day.

Get over it. Tom knew he would receive some sort of backlash from taking the 2 leave of absences instead of taking the respectable way out and resigning. I am not privy to why he took the 2 leaves but I am assuming he had the option of resigning right away, which he didn't. That opens him to some criticism.

You have been on this board for a while. You know what type of things are posted on here. Cowboy Up.

As you say, I have been on the board for awhile. If I have something to say, I'm gonna say it. Kicking a dog when it's down isn't my thing and I'm going to let you know I don't like it when you (plural) do it.

So, Cowboy up and take it (my posts) or ignore them. 'Cuz I ain't going no where. :lol: