SiouxSports.com Forum

Big news in the wind

PCM

Just because somebody--whether Buning or an attorney--came up with the idea, doesn't make it a good one.

I'm not saying that it is. What you say makes a lot of sense and I don't disagree with any of it. However, I don't know what Buning knows or who he's taking to. So what might seem unreasonable or unrealistic to us could be completely different from his perspective.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, last time I watched a soap opera was when I was in 8th (?) grade. I had to watch Dark Shadows!! Who's the vampire in this one?

WOW - there's a show that traumitized me as a kid! Thanks for bringing up my troubled childhood TV watching CIA! :D I don't know who the vampire is now but I think we all can agree this situation SUCKS! :huh:

Here is a quote about Pederson at Nebraska, doesn't this sound familiar:

"I have become aware since July or August of a number of concerns from people in the athletic department about Steve's management style, about his connection with the staff, with donors, with fans, with former athletes,"

Bunning is simply taking the low road, and you are right it will kill his aprirations for another position as a head man at any school.

Here is a quote about Pederson at Nebraska, doesn't this sound familiar:

"I have become aware since July or August of a number of concerns from people in the athletic department about Steve's management style, about his connection with the staff, with donors, with fans, with former athletes,"

Bunning is simply taking the low road, and you are right it will kill his aprirations for another position as a head man at any school.

Nebraska fires there AD on Monday at 11am....Hires Replacement (Interm..maybe..?) Tom Osborne on Tuesday by Noon....

End of story.....

Ours will live on forever, and do not give me the LOA excuse...UND officials (Phil) could tell us he has been let go. At least then the committee on D1 could replace him (interm) and go on.

Nebraska fires there AD on Monday at 11am....Hires Replacement (Interm..maybe..?) Tom Osborne on Tuesday by Noon....

End of story.....

Ours will live on forever, and do not give me the LOA excuse...UND officials (Phil) could tell us he has been let go. At least then the staff and committee on D1 could replace him and go on.

The only way to have been able to move on quickly is if Buning would have actually been fired the Friday before the Potato Bowl weekend. But UND, whether right or wrong, gave Buning the chance to resign or walk away amickably (spelling?). Hindsight is 20/20.

So, in fact, Buning wasn't let go as you say he was. If he was, we wouldn't be where we are now. The ball was in Buning's court that weekend and who would have guessed he would have turned this around and been such an a--hole about it and drag it on for two months by requesting two different leaves now. In my opinion, the administration could be seen positively in giving the guy a chance to save face rather than be fired. Perhaps they felt they owed it to him to try to end the relationship in a non-confrontational way. On the other hand, as I've said before, Buning could have taken the high road but instead chose to be an A--HOLE by letting this drag on for over a month now.

To reiterate, Buning has officially not been let go nor has he resigned....exactly like Harmeson has said. Granted, he won't have a job at UND in the future but he is still on the active payroll for now. So please tell me, Sioux-per-fan, how he exactly has been let go and UND can go forward with the next steps as if he is gone when he technically isn't gone? It's Buning's game now and UND has to play defense and follow his lead.

Why did Phil give him the chance...?

Why on the Thursday before the Potato Bowl...?

Both terrible Management practices...IMHO

Nebraska did it right ...your gone on Monday!....replaced on Tuesday....Move on by Wednesday... all in the same week...?

After the 360 review, the problems with contract extensions, and Phil's own relationship with the LTC, he should have been just let go..!

You asked......

Why did Phil give him the chance...?

I don't know. You'd have to ask Phil, Kupchella, et al. My guess would be as a goodwill gesture to not have to throw the guy under the bus and let the two part ways amicably. He did do some good things for UND (D1 move) and perhaps the administration, because of that, felt that out of respect they owed it to the man.

Why on the Thursday before the Potato Bowl...?

Isn't that the week when the evaluations were received, the results of which were deemed that immediate action needed to be taken and those were the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't think we've seen all or heard publicly about all what was in those evaluations and that is probably best to keep it that way.

Nebraska did it right ...your gone on Monday!....replaced on Tuesday....Move on by Wednesday... all in the same week...?

Like I said, hindsight is 20/20. Who would have thought Buning would act like he has. Buning has an agenda and screwing UND is just one of the items on it.

This would appear to be as close as we've seen in the media to a confirmation from Twamley that Buning won't be back:

Harmeson said Wednesday some may view his handling of the Buning situation as a negative, but others may see in it a willingness to make difficult decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh!! :ohmy: What a surprise!!

NOT!!

If I were Kupchella all I'd tell them is:

"Well, just write "UND Athletic Endowment" there, put "Donation" in the memo, and sign it there. Don't worry about filling the rest in. I'll take care of that, and you'll find out after it clears." ;):lol: