SiouxSports.com Forum

Big news in the wind

PCM

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob is a great guy...but let the new president handle this one.

I believe that's what will, and what should happen. If UND tried to hire a new a.d. right after the Buning situation is finally taken care of, but before a new president has been named, the uncertainty of not knowing who you're going to be working for (and whether that person is seen as "athletics friendly") would probably prevent a lot of people from applying who may otherwise be interested in the job.

I believe that's what will, and what should happen. If UND tried to hire a new a.d. right after the Buning situation is finally taken care of, but before a new president has been named, the uncertainty of not knowing who you're going to be working for (and whether that person is seen as "athletics friendly") would probably prevent a lot of people from applying who may otherwise be interested in the job.

I fully agree with this observation.

We do not have the luxury of waiting until a new president is in place to name an AD! Too much needs to be done NOW to be as prepared as possible for the move to DI!

Most importantly, Rob would do a great job!

I fully agree with this observation.

We do not have the luxury of waiting until a new president is in place to name an AD! Too much needs to be done NOW to be as prepared as possible for the move to DI!

Most importantly, Rob would do a great job!

Brekke and Ralston will do fine in the interim. Let the new president hire their own AD.

I am of the opinion that Rob Bollinger would be the perfect man for the job as UND's next athletic director.

I have had the privilege to work with Rob before on several occasions. He will bring to the position a combination that I believe only he possesses; instant credibility, extensive knowledge and appreciation of the University of North Dakota, an amazing vision for the future, hard work ethic, and instant respect from the alumni, donors, Grand Forks community, coaches, and athletic department staff. I am hard pressed to find another candidate that possesses even half of these attributes.

Without question the athletic department is in tough shape right now. Staff morale is extremely low. Coaches are frustrated with current leadership. Division I is on the horizon. Now is not the time to be reaching these lows. UND needs someone that can right the ship. UND needs someone that can lead us into Division I.

That person is Rob Bollinger!

I am of the opinion that Rob Bollinger would be the perfect man for the job as UND's next athletic director.

I have had the privilege to work with Rob before on several occasions. He will bring to the position a combination that I believe only he possesses; instant credibility, extensive knowledge and appreciation of the University of North Dakota, an amazing vision for the future, hard work ethic, and instant respect from the alumni, donors, Grand Forks community, coaches, and athletic department staff. I am hard pressed to find another candidate that possesses even half of these attributes.

Without question the athletic department is in tough shape right now. Staff morale is extremely low. Coaches are frustrated with current leadership. Division I is on the horizon. Now is not the time to be reaching these lows. UND needs someone that can right the ship. UND needs someone that can lead us into Division I.

SoCal - I agree with all of your comments and, while I respect Shawn-O's opinion, I don't think we can wait until some time next summer for this to happen. Naming a new AD will not take place in the first few days/weeks after the new president comes on board. Unless the new president it is an internal candidate, he/she will have a ton to "learn" about the University, etc. before making major decisions like this!

We cannot afford to have the athletic department in "tough shape" with "extremely low morale" and "frustrated coaches" until next summer. We need to move forward now rather than wait until the situation is much worse!

Isn't there supposed to be some "Paid for by the elect Rob Bollinger committee" thingy at the end of that. :blink::crazy:

So, remember, whenever this big news breaks (it might even be link-worthy), you first heard whatever it is from PCM, your trusty, all-knowing sudo-reporter with more than 12,000 posts of instant credibility. ;);)

It took a little under two months for my big scoop to play out. :D