SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU is not a good team

gabe01

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Bison nuts are annoying. We all know we own the Bison and are twice as good. As I keep saying, we'd beat those idiots by 30. It is quite obvious that CMU is not as good as Southern Utah. What morons!

I really hope your being sarcastic because if you truely believe that, you should go back and get your GED. I can't figure out which part is the most silly. UND beating NDSU by 30 points or Southern Utah beating the MAC Champs CMU?

BTW, way to allow 42 points tonight to Western Washington.

Thanks! I'm rather proud that a nonathletic stick boy like me, old geezers like PCM and Sicatoka, a bunch of fat guys like Goon and some chicks like Siouxcia were able to hold them to 42 points. It is quite impressive.

Thanks! I'm rather proud that a nonathletic stick boy like me, old geezers like PCM and Sicatoka, a bunch of fat guys like Goon and some chicks like Siouxcia were able to hold them to 42 points. It is quite impressive.

Thanks for the props! AND, I was only there for less than ten minutes in the forth!!

Damn we're good!!!

Live in Fargo, but am a Sioux supporter. Saw the Bison play their opener in the UNDome and the Sioux last weekend. Again, I know it was against different levels of competition, but there is know question that UND has more team speed on the offensive side of the ball and that NDSU looked faster on the D side of the ball. Both team pass the "eye" test as far as similar size of athletes. Played next week on a neutral field, I'd say it's a flip of the coin.

I would agree that both teams pass the eye test when your talking about the starters. UND's starters can play with most teams but if they had to start their 2nd team vs the NDSU 2nd team they would get smoked. Depth is the what makes NDSU better. If UND played NDSU in week 1 they would have a chance. If they played them 8 or 9 games into the season they would get smoked, unless they somehow stayed completely healthy. A good example is today. NDSU was down to 3 cornerbacks and none of them were the week 1 starters. How good would UND's defense been today if you were playing your #4-5-6 corners? For that reason I would say NDSU wins hands down if they play late in the season. If they play early in the season NDSU win 3 out of 4. All if they are at home.

Yeah I know your going to say that since UND wins so many blowouts their backups get more playing time. True. But the quality of athletes drop off big time when you go 2 or 3 deep on the depth chart. Consider this. When you make the move to D1, your not going to have a lot of cup cake games so your starters are going to have to play full games thus increasing their chances of getting hurt.

When UND makes the jump to the max in scholorships, only then will they have the depth to compete with NDSU over a full season.

The NDSU defense is faster. Dressler kind of obscures the speed test because he's blazing. The offensive styles are polar opposites so it's tough to say. The West Coast offense is more horizontal vs vertical. Each team kills the opponent in a different way.

don't forget "they" couldn't take the pounding of having to play a BCS team week in and week out :lol::(

It was the toughest conference last year. By the looks of everything, the Gateway seems to be the better conference this year but it's early. SDSU is much worse. Davis lost 15 starters and appear to suck. And like I said before, Southern Utah hasn't won a conference game in 3 years. Strange things happen early in the season

..., Southern Utah hasn't won a conference game in 3 years. Strange things happen early in the season

The PR guy for one of the air medivacs we use graduated from SU. He said that SU basically fires their football coach after one year on a regular basis. He attributes that to why they suck. He said Utah has a lot of talented HS football players but because of the coach situation they don't want to go to SU. The few talented guys that go to SU end up underachieving.

Just repeating what he said 'cause I know nothing about their program.

I really hope your being sarcastic because if you truely believe that, you should go back and get your GED. I can't figure out which part is the most silly. UND beating NDSU by 30 points or Southern Utah beating the MAC Champs CMU?

Gabe: If you haven't already figured it out, "The Phoenix" is almost certainly a Bison fan who had already been been banned from this board and now choses to haunt this message board again with a different log-in name that "arose from the ashes".

When you make the move to D1, your not going to have a lot of cup cake games so your starters are going to have to play full games thus increasing their chances of getting hurt.

Are you aware of the fact that so far this season, UND's opponents have just as many DI wins as NDSU's opponents?

Just like, last year, your favorite squad's schedule is shaping up to be a flop.

To be sure, NDSU is getting Minnesota and Central Michigan at very opportune times. I've heard Central Michigan is down this year and obviously Minnesota is downright terrible. But nevertheless NDSU will have two wins against DIA opponents, one of which is a BCS conference team (yes, NDSU will beat Minnesota). Obviously most on this board will disagree with me, but this Sioux fan thinks that's impressive and I can't wait for UND to get the opportunity to do similar things.

* This post is in no way an endorsement of Gabe's idiotic postings. Especially the part where he stretches logic to claim the Southern Illinois-Southern Utah game actually de-merits UND's performance, when it actually validates it.

To be sure, NDSU is getting Minnesota and Central Michigan at very opportune times. I've heard Central Michigan is down this year and obviously Minnesota is downright terrible. But nevertheless NDSU will have two wins against DIA opponents, one of which is a BCS conference team (yes, NDSU will beat Minnesota). Obviously most on this board will disagree with me, but this Sioux fan thinks that's impressive and I can't wait for UND to get the opportunity to do similar things.

* This post is in no way an endorsement of Gabe's idiotic postings. Especially the part where he stretches logic to claim the Southern Illinois-Southern Utah game actually de-merits UND's performance, when it actually validates it.

I agree 100%. Very exciting times ahead!

Live in Fargo, but am a Sioux supporter. Saw the Bison play their opener in the UNDome and the Sioux last weekend. Again, I know it was against different levels of competition, but there is know question that UND has more team speed on the offensive side of the ball and that NDSU looked faster on the D side of the ball. Both team pass the "eye" test as far as similar size of athletes. Played next week on a neutral field, I'd say it's a flip of the coin.

Such "eye test" comparisons are useless unless you have the teams on the same field. However, from what I've seen of the Bison they are much better than they were as a DII team. I haven't seen enough of this year's UND team to make any real comparisons. But I will say that the UND teams NDSU played a few years ago would not have done well against this year's Bison.

Such "eye test" comparisons are useless unless you have the teams on the same field. However, from what I've seen of the Bison they are much better than they were as a DII team. I haven't seen enough of this year's UND team to make any real comparisons. But I will say that the UND teams NDSU played a few years ago would not have done well against this year's Bison.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends upon which UND team shows up and which NDSU team shows up.

If the NDSU team that showed up against Sam Houston State shows up, I think UND wins. If the NDSU team that played Central Michigan shows up, then NDSU might win. UND hasn't lost this year, but at times sure looked like they were playing like they wanted to.

However, the bad natured smack is the only thing I don't miss about the NDSU/UND rivalry. Brings out the classlessness all around. Then again, I don't know what goes on at the Bison board, but I certainly have plenty to justify this feeling reading this board's Bison contingent.

Useless?? When you see someone on the street at noon who is 6'8", he looks just as tall as someone who is 6'8" that you see later that day! Same thing goes when you see similar people who are muscularor over-weight. Chappell looked markedly faster than Roehl. Dressler looked faster than any NDSU WR. NDSU's D team speed looked faster than UND's. The QBs appeared to have similar arm strength. By the way, over the past few years UND teams that played the Bison were better!! Just check past history. UND's team from past years is bigger, faster and stronger as is this year's NDSU team. Don't let get to full of yourself as NDSU still has to play SUU!

Useless?? When you see someone on the street at noon who is 6'8", he looks just as tall as someone who is 6'8" that you see later that day! Same thing goes when you see similar people who are muscularor over-weight. Chappell looked markedly faster than Roehl. Dressler looked faster than any NDSU WR. NDSU's D team speed looked faster than UND's. The QBs appeared to have similar arm strength. By the way, over the past few years UND teams that played the Bison were better!! Just check past history. UND's team from past years is bigger, faster and stronger as is this year's NDSU team. Don't let get to full of yourself as NDSU still has to play SUU!

You keep thinking that because all you'll ever have is comparison scores which at best is not very good indicator of anything. The only fans that are full of themselves are fan like you. Go out and play somebody sometime like last year (UNI). We'll see how your 2008 schedule is whenever you get your athletic dept straightened out.

You keep thinking that because all you'll ever have is comparison scores which at best is not very good indicator of anything. The only fans that are full of themselves are fan like you. Go out and play somebody sometime like last year (UNI). We'll see how your 2008 schedule is whenever you get your athletic dept straightened out.

"Lighten up, Francis!!" The shot about playing SUU was a joke. NDSU should and will beat them by 30+. I saw both teams play within a weeks span. Have you seen UND play this year? Has any Bison fan on this board seen UND play this year? How can you have an opinion without seeing both teams play--IN PERSON. That is my point. Both teams have pluses and minuses from what I SAW. But to think that just because NDSU is in a higher division makes them a better team is not the case. I think a game between the 2 would be a good, close game. I don't know who would win on, again, a neutral field. But the arguments from Bison fans are holding little water because all you folks know is what you see and that is only NDSU FB. Let's hear from a Bison fan who has seen both teams play this year and then I'll listen.

That's why your "significant other" makes the chick from Betty Ugly look like Jennifer Garner :lol: . Or in your case, is it more like your "significant other" makes Conan O'Brien look like Matt Damon :(

I don't have the time to go back and look at your posts Bison Dan, and if I am wrong I apologize but I'll bet that last season you and others like you came on this board and said we would not have a chance against UNI. After the game, I'll bet you had a hundred excuses about how UNI was down and overlooked us blah, blah, blah. I realize that it is what drives many of the topics on here but I get real tired of the my "Richard" is bigger than yours when it comes to comparisons between UND and NDSU. Every year each team is different in a number of ways. Face it. These two teams will not play each other for awhile and that is just fine. Meanwhile, we can all play the imaginary game largely played out on this board by a bunch of football wannabes who probably never stepped foot on a football field at this level. There are a number of people that stir the pot and never have to go to battle...would probably crap themselves. Both teams are good and since they are not on the schedule, we will never know.