SiouxSports.com Forum

Where is the most unexpected place you have run in to a UND student /

siouxnami

Last week I was backpacking in the Wind River Wilderness in Wyoming and I ran across someone wearing a UND t-shirt. As it turns out his daughter who was with is a current student. I didn't catch her name.

Being that we didn't see many people at all and the area is somewhat inaccessible, I thought it was odd that I would run across a student there.

Where is the strangest place you have run across a student to alum?

Pat O'Brians in New Orleans. My bartender asked where I was from and I told her GF. She said she was from Rolla and had just graduated from UND with a degree in music. Her 18 year old sister was suppose to go to UND the following fall. Instead the sister got pregnant, baby's daddy dumped her, parents pissed off and barely speaking to her and she had no else where to go, blah blah blah. It was a case of role reversal!!! The bartender telling me her woes instead of the other way around. :D:silly:

She just needed to vent to someone and I was from 'home'.

Forgot to add, she gave me a Hurricane on the house! MAN, that was one strong drink!!!!!

Pat O'Brians in New Orleans. My bartender asked where I was from and I told her GF. She said she was from Rolla and had just graduated from UND with a degree in music. Her 18 year old sister was suppose to go to UND the following fall. Instead the sister got pregnant, baby's daddy dumped her, parents pissed off and barely speaking to her and she had no else where to go, blah blah blah. It was a case of role reversal!!! The bartender telling me her woes instead of the other way around. :D:silly:

She just needed to vent to someone and I was from 'home'.

Forgot to add, she gave me a Hurricane on the house! MAN, that was one strong drink!!!!!

Hurricanes are amazing but did you try a hand grenade? They will put a bounce in your step.

I ran into a guy wearing a Sioux jersey in Boston.

Airline baggage check in Portland, OR. One of the guys working yelled "Who has the red bag with the UND Frozen Four tag?" I told him it was me, and he called me a name :silly: , then said he was jealous that he didn't get to go. Turns out, he was born and raised in Crookston and went to school at UND.

At dinner with my girlfriend's family and their closest family friends. The father asked me where I went, and the rest is history I guess. His only question, along with many others who I work for who have been to GF for business, "Is the Red Pepper still around."

I saw a guy at Wal-Mart in Colorado Springs, CO in May with a UND sweatshirt on.

I decided yesterday that if indeed there is a hell, it's just a gianormous Wal-Mart.

Lots of UND people in Colorado. I was at Red Rocks last fall for a concert, and there was one person sitting on the steps so I broke into a conversation with him. He played football for the Sioux in the late 70's. His whole entourage was North Dakota/UND people. There were about 5 people in the front row wearing Sioux gear too It was fun.

We also ran into a former Sioux football player in Cancun a couple years ago.

I think the coolest thing is seeing a UND logo and knowing that you can just bust into a conversation with them....

I decided yesterday that if indeed there is a hell, it's just a gianormous Wal-Mart.

You were dumb to go there on the first of the month like me and my mom, eh? 30 minutes in line, ice cream and frozen goods melting, and the slowest f-ing cashier in recorded history.

Lots of UND people in Colorado. I was at Red Rocks last fall for a concert, and there was one person sitting on the steps so I broke into a conversation with him. He played football for the Sioux in the late 70's. His whole entourage was North Dakota/UND people. There were about 5 people in the front row wearing Sioux gear too It was fun.

There are UND all over the place in Denver. Always have big turn outs to DU and CC games. Hell, I know 10 guys from my fraternity that live out here, and I spent only two years at UND