GeauxSioux

There are actually six games on Aug. 23:

7:00pm ET Virginia St @ Carson-Newman

6:00pm ET Bowie St @ Glenville St

7:00pm CT Central Missouri @ Mankato

7:00pm CT Humboldt St @ North Dakota

7:30pm CT Arkansas Tech @ NW Missouri St

7:00pm CT NW Oklahoma St @ SW Oklahoma St

Bowie St @ Glenville St seems to get the award for first game of the year.

I will be interested to see how a night game will go over. If it goes well, maybe they should push for more night games during the conference season. That will be more convenient for the hunters and people working in yards, enjoying the last few nice days of the year.

I thought the same thing, but I remember hearing Lennon say he doesn't like the night games. I actually liked when they played the night game the first year the Alerus opened. Let's face it, when you get nice weather on a fall weekend in North Dakota, you like to take full advantage of it, because you know full well what's coming. There are plenty of times I would have liked to go golfing on a beautiful fall afternoon, but chose to go inside the Alerus instead. The weather's always going to be the same in the Alerus, but it would be nice if they would have a few more night games to allow people to go hunting or do something in their yard on a few Saturday afternoons.

I thought the same thing, but I remember hearing Lennon say he doesn't like the night games. I actually liked when they played the night game the first year the Alerus opened. Let's face it, when you get nice weather on a fall weekend in North Dakota, you like to take full advantage of it, because you know full well what's coming. There are plenty of times I would have liked to go golfing on a beautiful fall afternoon, but chose to go inside the Alerus instead. The weather's always going to be the same in the Alerus, but it would be nice if they would have a few more night games to allow people to go hunting or do something in their yard on a few Saturday afternoons.

Those are my thoughts exactly as well. I've long advocated going to a night-game format, for at the very least non-conference games. You make a good point about hunters, which definately hurts attendence in the fall. I drive 100 miles for every football game, and the 1:00 p.m. start basically shoots away the entire day. I have no problem getting home at midnight (I do it for hockey all the time, staying up late is what weekends are for). I would also think that taking in a football game would be a great way for people who live in Grand Forks and work Saturdays to wind down their day.

I can't wait to go to the game i haven't been to a game in 2 years. I am glad I have that night off of work so i can drive up to GF to go to the game. Tickets go on sale through ticketmaster at 10am next Thursday the 10th of Aug. I have never heard of Humboldt St. but i know the Sioux will come out and pound them. GO SIOUX!!!! :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my tickets through ticketmaster. I picked the best 2 seats available and I get the 15 yard line. What the hell??? Are all the good seats taken by the Fighting Sioux Club?? I expect it on the Sioux side but does that extend to the visitor side? How about less FSC seats and more seats for the average Joe. :whistling:

I just got my tickets through ticketmaster. I picked the best 2 seats available and I get the 15 yard line. What the hell??? Are all the good seats taken by the Fighting Sioux Club?? I expect it on the Sioux side but does that extend to the visitor side? How about less FSC seats and more seats for the average Joe. :whistling:

Although you are obviously disappointed, I look at it as a good thing. Apparently a lot of tickets have been sold if yours are the best seats available.

So you want the people that pay for season tickets to get the crappy seats while the people that only go to a few games to get the great seats. Not sure of that logic.

Although you are obviously disappointed, I look at it as a good thing. Apparently a lot of tickets have been sold if yours are the best seats available.

The 15yd line can't be the best seats if all the good seats are gone due to the Fighting Sioux club. Really though is that fair to the average fan who doesn't want to shell out a lot of money to a club for the best seats in the house. I think all tickets except a handful for students should be up for grabs to the public not to the rich people. But this is America.

The 15yd line can't be the best seats if all the good seats are gone due to the Fighting Sioux club. Really though is that fair to the average fan who doesn't want to shell out a lot of money to a club for the best seats in the house. I think all tickets except a handful for students should be up for grabs to the public not to the rich people. But this is America.

You're not gonna like Division I very much, then.

First of all, I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. Fighting Sioux sports is an "expense" that we deal with because it is something we love, and enjoy as a family. Like some people have a kick-ass boat, we have kick-ass tickets. That's our thing.

Secondly, rewarding fans who support the Sioux year after year has its place in giving them good seats. How many season ticket supporters do you think UND would have if "all tickets except a handful for students should be up for grabs to the public not to the rich people?" Are you kidding me? If we went along with your logic, you wouldn't have to worry about sitting on the 15... there wouldn't be a program to watch.

We are all kind of ganging up on you - not really meaning to because I do understand your frustration but.....

If we didn't have the Fighting Sioux Club (which includes many, many fans that are not rich), we wouldn't have had the success that we have had in many sports over the years, we wouldn't be able to recruit the talented young athletes that come to UND, we wouldn't have the money to go Division I AND we wouldn't have people concerned about where their seats are because not many people would be going to games.

We are all kind of ganging up on you - not really meaning to because I do understand your frustration but.....

If we didn't have the Fighting Sioux Club (which includes many, many fans that are not rich), we wouldn't have had the success that we have had in many sports over the years, we wouldn't be able to recruit the talented young athletes that come to UND, we wouldn't have the money to go Division I AND we wouldn't have people concerned about where their seats are because not many people would be going to games.

Look at Memorial Stadium i remember back in the day you had Reserve, General Admission and then the Student Section. What was wrong with that. Now you a little Reserve a lot of FSC seats and the student section. Why not have one half of the Alerus be just reserve and the other half for FSC and students.

Which areas on this pic would you get rid of? For the most part, the shaded areas usually have butts in seats....

FSC-Football-Seating-Map.jpg

Anywhere there is red, or green. Just how much are those seats?? And if they were open to the public i am sure they would be snatched up.

I am in the Coach's Club ($1,100/year). I get 35-yard-line seats in the lower deck for football and lower-bowl seats in the corner for hockey. I enjoy the perks of being a club member and I consider it money well spent. That being said, I do think there should be a certain number of general admission seats available for people who cannot afford to be in "The Club". There are some pretty good seats on either side of the student section in the Alerus for people not in "The Club". The Ralph is pretty much all FSC-controlled (adbeit at lower prices in the upper deck). As long as we maintain a balance between the FSC-members, the students and the general public, we'll be okay. It's tough to maintain the balance, but it's necessary for the future of our programs.

Anywhere there is red, or green. Just how much are those seats?? And if they were open to the public i am sure they would be snatched up.

I guess I am not seeing the logic of this. Giving the best tickets to season ticket holders is not a new idea. It is done everywhere in every sporting event. You pay more for better seats. If they would give them to the public, (and by no means should they), they would be way more in price than the rest of the tickets. So then could the general public really afford them? I think there is plenty of decent seats not taken up by the FSC. After all, only so many people can sit on the 50.