SiouxSports.com Forum

Humboldt State Game

GeauxSioux

There are some pretty good seats on either side of the student section in the Alerus for people not in "The Club".

I think the Fighting Sioux Club is starting to take over that area of the stadium, which is fine. I've sat right next to the band on the 15 yard line for the last 4 years. This year, they are moving the band into my section and I was moved to right next to the students section, and the band will be on the other side of me. And I was made to purchase a FSC membership this year, which I had planned on doing anyway.

I guess I am not seeing the logic of this. Giving the best tickets to season ticket holders is not a new idea. It is done everywhere in every sporting event. You pay more for better seats. If they would give them to the public, (and by no means should they), they would be way more in price than the rest of the tickets. So then could the general public really afford them? I think there is plenty of decent seats not taken up by the FSC. After all, only so many people can sit on the 50.

I don't object the FSC having 50yd line seats they sorta did that at Memorial Stadium towards the end of playing there, but at Memorial Stadium they had the whole visitor side including 50yd line seats open to the public why can't the Alerus do that? Are they afraid the visitor side will hold more people than the Sioux side?? 1100 bucks for 35yd line seats why couldn't they get rid of the FSC and have 35yd line seats for 18 bucks. They trying to suck all the money from the fans as best they could. They started this year already (5 bucks for parking). Its only 3 at the Fargodome. Pretty soon not many people will show up to pay 23 bucks to enter the Alerus (18 for the game and 5 for parking), plus food. Yikes!!!!!!

... why couldn't they get rid of the FSC and have 35yd line seats for 18 bucks.

No Fighting Sioux Club means no scholarship dollars for athletes.

No athletes means no games.

No games means no worries about tickets on the 50.

I guess that plan could work, depending on your definition of work.

Things cost money; you have to pay the bills.

No Fighting Sioux Club means no scholarship dollars for athletes.

No athletes means no games.

No games means no worries about tickets on the 50.

I guess that plan could work, depending on your definition of work.

Things cost money; you have to pay the bills.

While charging the maximum possible for a seat seems to be the way to maximize revenue, I think it can be self-destructive in the long run (see my previous rants about REA's frequent willingness to trade customer goodwill for $5 in revenue).

Having Sioux athletics become the sole purview of the region's wealthiest 10,000 people isn't in the best interests of the community or UND. Moreso than other schools, UND is faced with the challenge of having to pay a lot of its bills on a national scale but sell its tickets into a lower cost-of-living populace. I think that gives it different obligations, as paying $1000 for a booster club membership isn't as easy for a middle class family in N.D. as it is in Falls Church, VA.

In addition to the priority system, I would like to see a small number of good seats and a larger number of mediocre seats put in a season ticket lottery. By knocking a 12-seat row or two out of the top FSC sections, you're only pushing FSC boosters 392-412 back to 413-437 in terms of seating preference. The recipients don't get to keep the seats, they just won the right to pay face value for them for a year in a lottery.

I better stop now, as I did just NetFlix Manchurian Candidate on Saturday and have developed a particular caution about revealing leanings that may be perceived as... egalitarian. :whistling:

While charging the maximum possible for a seat seems to be the way to maximize revenue, I think it can be self-destructive in the long run (see my previous rants about REA's frequent willingness to trade customer goodwill for $5 in revenue).

Having Sioux athletics become the sole purview of the region's wealthiest 10,000 people isn't in the best interests of the community or UND. Moreso than other schools, UND is faced with the challenge of having to pay a lot of its bills on a national scale but sell its tickets into a lower cost-of-living populace. I think that gives it different obligations, as paying $1000 for a booster club membership isn't as easy for a middle class family in N.D. as it is in Falls Church, VA.

In addition to the priority system, I would like to see a small number of good seats and a larger number of mediocre seats put in a season ticket lottery. By knocking a 12-seat row or two out of the top FSC sections, you're only pushing FSC boosters 392-412 back to 413-437 in terms of seating preference. The recipients don't get to keep the seats, they just won the right to pay face value for them for a year in a lottery.

I better stop now, as I did just NetFlix Manchurian Candidate on Saturday and have developed a particular caution about revealing leanings that may be perceived as... egalitarian. :whistling:

Well said. I don't obect to the FSC totally but joining it at 1000 is a morgage payment for me, and i don't make the huge wages like doctors or lawyers. Most people around here are middle class. Not too many "rich" people so i see UND hurting themselves by jacking the price of games up. I just wish UND would go back to the seating arangement at Memorial Stadium. Reserve and Students on the Sioux side and GA on the visitor side. And I do believe attendance did rather well add the free parking and people had money to pay for concessions and merchandise but now jack up the ticket prices add parking fees and its like a movie theatre not much money for food and merchandise. Just a warning for UND better put a cap on game prices or else you raise prices like tuition and no one will go to a game.